1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Perfect" Arena Team Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Just curious everyone's thoughts on the ideal Arena team? From everything I've read over the last 6+ months it seems this is the best arena team using current birds. I'm avoiding master birds for obvious reasons. In order, left to right:

Rainbow team:
    Claude as leader
    5* Carson - Wide Evo
    Chuck - Trial by Fire
    Grandfather Frost - King of Winter
    Matilda - Magnetize

Power Team:
    Claude
    5* Carson
    Chuck
    Matilda
    Hot Grease - Chop Chop Chop

For me, I don't have Claude. Honestly, I don't think that I will switch Claude out for Hot Grease even if I do hatch him because of Grease's Leader ability boosting Chuck. So my "Perfect Team" is:
    Hot Grease - Chop Chop Chop
    5* Carson - Wide
    Chuck - TBF
    Frost - KOW
    Matilda - Magnetize

What about everyone else? Any difference in opinion from y'all older players?

2. Melchid

Melchid Tiny Birdy

IMO it doesn't make sense to have a rainbow team without having Fringy as a leader.

That being said, my (perfect) team for arena is:

Crossfire Fringy
    Fire Nova Beast
    Trial by fire Chuck
    Robot Carson
    Gangster Lil' Pecker

3. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

I've been running your rainbow team for a long time, keeps me from having to swap out for other parts of the game. Carson and Matilda are both the master versions and are at p8, all others at p10, and all at ss10. Loaded up with green and purple runes at that.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Claude as leader
    Matilda - Magnetize
    Chuck - Trial by Fire
    Greasy - Chop Chop (Frost is a good option here as well)
    QB - Wide

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

My usual.
    1. Strong white like Matilda or Carson (robot evo)
    2. Chuck (trial by fire)
    3. any bird to serve as starter
    4. Chuck (trial by fire)
    5. Strong white like Matilda or the new bird Hot Grease
    I may put a good event bird in #1 or #3 position during event.

I have finished some PvP matches after 2nd move, usually 3 moves is needed. Starter, Chuck, Matilda.

Since it is unlikely you can kill in 1st move, main goal is to push as many pigs over to the other side as you can. 2nd move is when you try to kill them. 3rd move is when you pick up healing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I finish 80+% of my arena matches in 2 turns anymore...

7. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

Claude
    Chuck - tbf
    Chuck - tbf
    Matilda - magnetize
    Grease - chopchop( was matilda magnetize)

Put carson in after 5 star came out but hes just not affective as i remember the 4 star being.
    Up untill a few weeks ago i won 99 percent of the time now id say its down to 90 with the tweaks to power they have made

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, base changes have made even the strongest teams a little less effective. But there's more to it. I notice I lose more to teams with QB. maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems my team takes more damage when he wipes the board than Matilda, for instance. This week, I lost my first 4 matches. I'm seriously thinking next week, just throwing the first 5 or so matches to drop back to the silver leagues. Anyone know what the prizes are for top 10 there?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

is almost the same... 1,200 gems & 10? Totems.

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I think it's 900 and 7 totems. 1200 and 10 is Legend II, I just checked that one to make sure.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I assumed he was referring to the next one down which is the 1,200 gems Legend II...

Nyk likes this.
  12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

So I pulled all my runes off my team and it seems to be working a lot better than when I had them. I'm losing a lot compared to pre-rune update, but now that my team is runeless, I've been doing a lot better.

13. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

You're not imagining it. After a long time of MAYBE losing 1 match a week I've lost probably 10 matches this week. Almost all that I lost against was QB wiping out the board and doing way more damage to me than a Matilda would also taking out the 5 pigs.

I don't understand how I can have ~2/3 health and lose in 1 shot.

Redwing likes this.
  14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

yes!!!! I keep losing to QB as well. I'll have 3/4 health on turn 2 after chuck clears the board. Opponent fires QB and I'm dead. 10 matches this week as well.

Also, I have had the 3 pig layout glitch so hard on me this week. I had a 15 round arena battle (FIFTEEN) with the 3 pig layout that I eventually lost because the big pig glitched when I killed him. He never did damage once to the opponent upon his death. The medium pig glitched whenever I killed him half the time and didn't do any damage. I absolutely hate the 3 pig arena layout because it has ALWAYS been broken for me, for months!

Redwing likes this.
  15. Hasansjr

Hasansjr Hatchling

Question about the arena please
    I still have 10 arena tickets, do these tickets expire after this arena week ends and everything resets? Or the tickets stay till next week?

16. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I wonder if it works the other way... Anyone noticing that their QB SS results in AI team losing massive health? Might have to run some tests next event. My Chuck and Matilda are at P7/SS10 and QB is P1/SS4. Might have to move Chop-chop out of the leader spot to see if that has any effect on the results.

17. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

All rewards that you have at maximum capacity or lower have infinte lifespan. It's only when you're over max and they get sent to your inbox that they get an expiry date.

Hasansjr likes this.
  18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yes, Wide QB can wipe out 75% or so in some areas... Thats why i love him & will always have 1 as an option on my arena team.

19. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

How does damage calculation work to make that happen? If you kill 5 pigs with chuck, it should, in theory, do the same damage to enemy health as killing 5 pigs with QB.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

in theory yes, but it does not.
    Matilda & QB & Chuck all seem to do dif amounts of damage to the other team. Also, Wide QB is the only bird i know of that can wipe pit all 3 pigs at full health in that layout of 3...