1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes 1.26

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RemixFTW, Dec 14, 2018.

1. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

What’s new in Angry Birds Evolution 1.26?

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all you can till Scrooge arrives! Cause when he does, forget about all your Christmas decoration. He’s coming to ruin your holidays and he’s bringing lots of parasites with him. Good thing the Snow Maiden has some extra gifts in her bags to share. You’ll notice that we redecorated the look of the whole island for the occasion - moving around will be smoother than ever! Get yourself a glass of punch and read on for more...

Brand New
    • Christmas Event: Don’t get too jolly! And check your stockings for stinky bugs, because...
      • Scrooge: No one hates Christmas more than this yello’ fella. He gets triggered when he sees green elves. Or anything green, really. Pigs better get out of his way, unless they want to see the stars (in a bad way).
    • Orthodox Christmas Event: Don’t pretend you didn’t like matryoshka dolls at one point in your life! We don’t judge, you can collect them this winter in Bird Island [​IMG];)
      • Snow Maiden Marisha: The blue maiden has flown to the island from the north to bring you some gifts… aиd кiск рig ьuттs. Brrrr!!
    • Bird Island Vol.2: Welcome to an island where public transportation is so much better! Just one tap & you can be anywhere! What a time to be alive..
      • Bird Town: You will focus solely on your team in the “Bird Town” from now on. Don’t worry, you can still get to the buildings in the town square. Read on!
      • Navigation: Use our modern-af new “Navigation Bar” at the bottom of the screen to reach anywhere you need to be! Bird Town buildings, Daily Challenge, Eagle Mountain and Arena, all at your fingertips. Also, buttons will show you when there are rewards to claim or free hatches!
    • New Rewards on Event Island: We sprinkled “Legendary Runes” here & there to make your Event Island experience a tad bit more special.
    • Promoted to 5 Stars: We simply couldn’t ignore how cool some birds were, so we made 5-star versions of some of ‘em. You might encounter some of them already if you play the upcoming events!
    Extended & Improved
    • Prestige Leveling:
      • Lives made easier, once again! Now you can easily level prestige up from within the Bird Info window.
      • We also tweaked the requirements a bit. Gold requirements are drastically reduced and Totem requirements have been slightly modified.
      • 4 and 5 star birds can no longer be used to level up prestige, BUT selling them now give Prestige Totems, instead of Evolution Materials.
    • Supershot Leveling: You can simply up your Supershot game right from the Bird Info window, just like you do with the Prestige.
    • Shiny Apples: The new iPhone generation resolution is now fully supported.
    Fixes and more fixes
    Living on an island is all nice and chill, but it also means lots of bugs you need to smash! Here’s some species of bugs we killed with a snow spray this time:
    • Mailbox multi sell:
      • Sometimes showed server errors while selling stuff, it’s fixed now..
      • Also, incorrect rewards were shown for blue Evolution Materials, which we also fixed.
    • Player Usernames:
      • Emojis looked weird in your usernames. We fixed that now. Are we cool ninja _95?
      • If you changed your username, it used to take a while for it to show up in Leaderboards. We fixed that now.

2. feffe

feffe Super Cool Bird

"... Totem requirements have been slightly modified"
    I think they need to hire a native English speaker to write their release notes from now on. English is not my native tongue, but I know the meaning of the word "slightly". Rovio seems to think that slightly == obscenely.

Nyk, Kimo and Tigerangels42038 like this.
  3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

Usually Android get the updates fast but not this time. Is the update online yet?

4. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Haven't see it yet.

5. Cmbryan79

Cmbryan79 Tiny Birdy

Any time frame on the Android release?

6. Epic Buttstomp

Usually Google Play (Android) get updates very fast while iTunes could take a lot longer. Someone in my clan got it already and posted the new look in our clan FB.

7. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Based on 30% xp bonus, could require more or less depending on what the player's xp bonus % is.

New prestige costs:
    P0-1: 2 totems/2k gold
    P1-2: 2 totems/2k gold
    P2-3: 4 totems/4k gold
    P3-4: 4 totems/4k gold
    P4-5: 5 totems/5k gold
    P5-6: 9 totems/9k gold
    P6-7: 12 totems/12k gold
    P7-8: 16 totems/16k gold
    P8-9: 27 totems/27k gold
    P9-10: 39 totems/39k gold

120 totems/120k gold overall

Margaret A. Patterson likes this.
  8. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

SuperShot costs:
    SS1-2: 1 totems/50 gold
    SS2-3: 2 totems/120 gold
    SS3-4: 4 totems/320 gold
    SS4-5: 7 totems/560 gold
    SS5-6: 10 totems/900 gold
    SS6-7: 14 totems/1400 gold
    SS7-8: 17 totems/2550 gold
    SS8-9: 24 totems/6k gold
    SS9-10: 30 totems/9k gold

109 totems/20.9k gold overall

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Margaret A. Patterson likes this.
  9. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

There seems to be some difference in totem costs, one of my elders posted screenshots in our group chat. He is an ios user so this was before the Android update was released...
    1544832843207.jpg
    1544832848289.jpg
    1544832853723.jpg
    1544832861925.jpg
    1544832868103.jpg
    1544832916333.jpg
    1544832921953.jpg

10. Tigerangels42038

Thats how many it took before

11. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

I hate the new leveling up process. Please change this feature back to the original way. This feels dictatorial versus free choice.

NIX@Re-Turds and Kimo like this.
  12. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

13. Tigerangels42038

But its not slight variations.. 5 prestige totems is A LOT to us. Unless they bump up the prestige totem drop rate or reward.. 5 prestige totems is more than we get from event. We would all need to get into the top 5 of pvp to make up for our losses.. which seriously aint going to happen

14. Epic Buttstomp

I cannot see the event results of the whole clan, just top 25. As the leader I like to know who are the freeloaders.

Selling from collection needs 1 more click now I think.

NIX@Re-Turds likes this.
  15. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It's not variation for no reason, the revamped system just doesn't allow you to "partially" upgrade prestige levels or super shot ranks anymore. Progress you had already made towards the next level or rank wasn't jettisoned however, so birds that were closer to the next level/rank are going to cost less materials and gold to rank up, and then fall into line with everything else (also there's still the XP bonus from clan contribution to consider).

16. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Variations in terms of what each player sees based on their xp bonus is what I was referring to.

17. ~wideblue~

~wideblue~ Hatchling

wtf???? unplayable. i´m not a paygamer.

18. Kimo

Kimo Super Cool Bird

I actually don't like leveling up birds/SS's one at a time and like this feature (partially). However, what would have been a better option IMO would have been to give us the choice of Level UP or add 1 Prestige totem/SS totem at a time instead of forcing the level up.

FyreByrd and Nyk like this.
  19. Nyk

Nyk Motherflocker

The new menus seem extremely crowded. I'm glad that they fixed a lot of the lag issues though. I know the new menu will take some time to get used to, but they do seem overcrowded.

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I don’t mind the new way of prestige leveling. I am concerned that it is becoming harder to get gems, eco, essence, Totem and gold. Plus, the fact that most players need to hatch the third bird to complete the event. This, really becoming a pay to play game. As you who know me on this forum I am in favor of Rovio making money, but it needs to be fair and it is not that way right now

The current Chuck event and lasted update has soured on my stomach. I refuse to spend weekly like I did for the QB event (8,000+ gems, 5-6 gold tickets and ~50 silver to get the the three birds)

Maybe I’m grumpy but I hate the layout of the new update. To crowded

PappaDale and Nyk like this.