1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes 1.18

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by QueenElsa, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Give us plenty of gems and plenty of berries will do. Or allow us to pick 1 5-stars of our choice.

Booser1 likes this.
  2. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Buttstomp :)

Not THE BEST idea with berries, I am afraid... What's the advantage of using berries right now when Rovio's servers are dropping like flies?
    I like the idea of picking 1 5* bird of my choice, since it's not the first time happening and now simple excuse with diamonds and berries is not enough...

Cheers,
    W

3. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I’m actually wondering if I should skip the event due to the chance of the game crashing while hatching which can actually make you lose a 5* and possibly your multiplier if that 5* was El Jefe.

4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Had the app running pretty much all day since 6AM Eastern Time and I have not encountered a critical server error yet, so I'm cautiously optimistic that they actually fixed the issue and it's not going to crop back up in a couple of hours.

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

This morning seems more stable. The instance on the older iPad still crashed out at times but that is expected. It could also be the servers aren't as busy as last night, lighter loads less crashes.

6. Guestiguess

Guestiguess Hatchling

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic about the update. Still getting the occasional server error, but its not actually causing any problems with the game.

Though I'll have to buy more storage space, again. Looks like I'll need it with more totems coming.

I do have my gripes about the Cinco de Mayo theme, but I'm not going to bore everyone with the list. (Its an American *excuse to party and drink like its St. Patty's* "holiday". It is celebrated in Pueblo, but... Sombreros, really?. Also, the skulls in the background are more Dia de los Muertos...).

Oops. My finger slipped and the gripes came out.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, I was thinking the theme was a least a little offensive & very inconsistent.

I have only had 1 critical error this morning BUT I did have a really odd glitch in Arena. I made my first throw away shot & it immediately popped up with "you lost" (not the server error false loose), the other team had not even made a shot yet. Never seen that before...

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Just had 3 in a row after a few hours with none. Not fixed...

9. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Oh yeah, now it's crashing and then failing to log back in successfully when the app restarts. So much for cautious optimism.

10. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

PVP is still crashing for me. I am losing both the arena tickets and trophies. Fix this Rovio!!!

WilsonTheRedBird likes this.
  11. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

Umm...El Jefe is identical with El Gigante with the looks. I can see his leadership bonus which can be helpful for those using the "fat body type" birds like Byron/Metal Byron, Cold Turkey, Santa, Elf and the likes. Rovio could've at least change El Jefe's evolution appearance. Hopefully, Rovio will consider doing the same for Carson and Jacquie from 4 stars to 5 stars. Carson sure will be the best black 5-star bird covering most of the arena and Jacquie with her pushback SS. So far Rovio used two unpopular 4-star birds, El Gigante and Kowalski into the 5-star birds. In my opinion, all the Ragin' Rockers should've been 5-stars. That would indeed be a formidable team. We'll have to wait and see

A. Wolf likes this.
  12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Carson is practically a 5* as he is.
    I'd actually put him on my main team if he had the health & a little more damage of a true 5* bird.

13. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

You won't know until he is tested in the arena

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Who?

15. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

They would be way too broken if they were 5* birds. They have god tier strength already so we’d don’t need to buff them even more.

16. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

He's not quite identical, as there are differences (El Hefe is a slightly darker shade of yellow for one), but they are entirely too subtle - you can tell them apart if you see both of them together, but if you held up either version alone and asked me which was which I would be hard pressed to answer accurately. Unless it's the one with the diving helmet, as that's easy to tell apart (from the front), the lenses are a different color (also he has some stripes on his flanks). If I didn't already have an El Gigante to compare it to though I would still be hard pressed to remember which was which.

Personally I'm cool with what is essentially just an upgraded reskin, but I agree that it should be more easily distinguishable from the original - they didn't even have to change the model necessarily, just make the differences more obvious; right now the two versions are like one of those "Can you spot all the differences between these two images?" games, technically different but basically the same.

OmSo73 likes this.
  17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Finally got a response from Rovio from a ticket I put in on Thurs about getting royally screwed at level 70 of eagle mountain. They apologized & said that they already sent everyone "very generous compensation on the 30th that should more than make up for any losses". What total BS!!! That means that they have no intention of sending anything else for the second round of critical server issues that they are conveniently staying quiet about on FB. Oh, they also said it's "all fixed" but that's not true as many have reported continuing intermittent server issues.

Those rewards they sent us all (1000 gems & 25 berries) are a joke for those of us who lost out significantly on other things.
    In my case, I lost a ton of Keys, many thousands of Gold, another 1,000+ Gems, nearly 1,000 evo mats, 9+ silver tickets, 1 gold ticket, at least 2,000 arena points & I will loose out on 7 prestige totems this week because of it... AND the big one is a (level 70) 5* Bird.

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  18. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

I'm sorry to hear that A. Wolf. That doesn't seem like a fair compensation at all for your losses. They should do more to compensate our losses.