1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes 1.18

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by QueenElsa, Apr 26, 2018.

1. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Most Best Staff Member

What’s new in Angry Birds Evolution 1.18?
    We celebrate colors, diversity and body positivity in this patch! The weekly Arena rules now include color bonuses for different bird color combos - prepare to adjust your team’s colors each week! Also, Cinco de Mayo event is coming and we heard that legendary body positivist El Jefe will be in town for celebrations - “curvy” birds already feel more powerful with his presence.. Other festivities: Clan Contribution ranking you always wished for, a brand new Totem and more..
    Brand New
    • New (and colorful) Arena rules: Shuffle your team each week to get the new color bonuses! These will change your PvP game by giving you boosts and they are even combined with Bird Specific Bonuses! Color up your team and get boosts on:
      • Damage
      • Health
      • Skill timers
      • Leadership Bonus
      • Skill Power
    • Cinco de Mayo Event: Get in the carnaval mood! And no - this isn’t a celebration of the fifth mayonnaise in the fridge!
      • The mysterious El Jefe will arrive to spread power to the chubby birds! #BodyPositivity
      • Collect the sombreros all around the island and fight in the event
    • New Arena League “Legends”: Because you guys like pushing the limits, you deserve a new league to compete in! Here are the trophies required to get in:
      • Legends I - 8000 Trophies
      • Legends II - 11000 Trophies
      • Legends III - 14000 Trophies
    • The new “Rage Totem”: The Anger Totem is great for leveling up until you hit 40, but we thought we’d make another XP totem for the birds that are beyond that. So we created Rage Totem - you’ll love it when you want to level up your 4 and 5 star birds especially when Anger Totem just isn’t enough!
    Extended & Improved
    • Clan Contributions and Member Ranking: Let’s get real and see who worked hardest for the clan and for the perks.
      • Wanna see who contributed the most to the clan? Go to the “Members” tab and check out the 2 columns on the left. One for Overall Contribution and one for that week’s contribution, which resets each week. Click on them to rank members and see who did best or worst. There you have it!
      • Who helped that perk stay alive, you ask? Go to the “Clan Buffs” window for each perk and see the Top 3 contributors.
    • Arena Improvements:
      • The PvP rules of that week now pop up when you tap on the Arena.
      • The PvP info popup now displays all leagues and divisions, including the newest Legends league, making the setup complete with 6 leagues with 3 divisions each.
      • 3 new Arena sets are added for the new leagues, along with different enemies and backgrounds.
    • Daily Challenge Improvements:
      • When you lose during the Daily Challenge, you’ll now be able to see the amount of Snouts you’d need for the next “personal” reward, so you can better decide if you take another chance or not.
    • Cannot miss it: Your Rovio ID is now displayed in the loading screen as well, right before your eyes..
    • Daily Clan tasks get spring-cleaned: We changed one Daily Clan Task and also created one new task.
      • The change: The "Make 3 Clan Donations" task to "Earn 20 Clan Contribution points" now also includes perk investments.
      • The new “Clan Perks” task: We added a new Daily Task that requires the you to contribute to Clan Perks 3 times. Let’s see some action in the perks y’all! WRITE THE REWARD?
    • Star Quarterback is back in the collection building.
    Fixes and more fixes
    The road to a picture perfect Bird Island is filled with bumps, smelly pigs and lots of nasty bugs but we keep smashing them to get there! Here’s some of what we fixed on the way:
    • Bomb’s Black Cage was acting wonky, sometimes preventing pigs from attacking also after it was gone.. The cage has been cleaned and this won’t happen any more.
    • We crashed the bug that caused an infinite loading screen if you started a new PvP battle just when the Arena timer reached zero.
    • The PVP league rewards for the 1st position are now displayed correctly in the Player Ranking section.
    • The multiplier and percentage progress used to overlap when leveling any bird, we fixed that.
    • We fixed Quarterback’s multiple birdsonalities that showed if you double tapped him during a battle.. Now, you’ll only see his actual self.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  2. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

That looks like probably the best update ive seen yet!

3. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Dear Staff :)

Everything's great, appreciate it! But how about INCREASING the capacity of inventory? More and more birds been pulled off and inventory seems to be the same for ages... No separate slots for totems either... Sure I know I CAN sell birds to make some room, but I wish to do so when I like to, not because I HAVE TO... Thanks :)

Cheers,

W

WilsonTheRedBird and Annie14 like this.
  4. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Seconded lol

5. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Great update! Very exciting features especially for the arena. Color sorting in the inbox to sell birds of a specific color would be really helpful. It would be fun to have an arena week where only birdies of a specific star rating are allowed for example just 3 star birds or only 2stars and below allowed. This would make the arena very interesting because you don’t get to use these birds ever once you start getting higher tiered birds. This would also create a major shuffle in the leagues, just a thought. Cheers!

kiwiloganalt and Lenaj76 like this.
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I don't like that idea at all unless they drastically increase the inventory capacity. Keeping extra low * birds around for that would suck...

Annie14 and PigKilla like this.
  7. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Probably but if they increase the inventory limit by another 5 or 10 that would fix that

8. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Skit :)

Not very fond of the idea, you proposed I have to say - just for the reason I specified above - as soon as I've got 3* birds - sell, the same goes for every else besides shiny ones - and even those I keep for a while to fuse with other birds, to make them stronger... There's no point to KEEP as many birds as you like, especially those lower tiered, because they would just block the space... Of couse there are SOME lower birds WORTH keeping, though using them now become somewhat risky, as you might be banned...

Cheers,

W

9. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

5 Santa team for red
    5 chuck team for yellow
    5 Eddie team for black
    5 Matilda team for white
    5 The Angromedon team for blue

Just image how OP these teams would be!

10. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Exactly my point Witkacy, We don’t have any use for the lower tiered birds other than fusing them which is why having a week in the arena (now that Rovio has new rules every week) for lowered tiered birds might just be fun/evil depends on how you take it lol

I agree we need extra slots, atleast 5-10. This would be used to hold the lower tiered arena birds although any number of extra slots is never going to be enough.

Cheers!

11. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Extra inventory slots would be nice, but an entire week forcing us to use trash-tier birds in the arena as a rule stipulation sounds like a wonderful way to make people quit playing the arena entirely. I've seen people suggest similar things before, and every time I shudder because that's just a horrible idea: The entire operating premise of the game is to acquire and improve increasingly powerful birds, there's a loading screen tip that specifically says "swap strong birds onto the team instead of leveling up weak ones", so mandating we suddenly do the complete opposite of what the entire game has been conditioning us to do this whole time? Yeah, that idea is terrible.

I'm not necessarily a fan of all the possible PvP rules variations (increased pig health was an unfun slog), but I have no problem whatsoever with the idea of color-based bonuses they've proposed (time will tell precisely what that actually entails), because they are not color based restrictions - nothing is actually stopping you from using 3-star birds in the arena now, other than the fact that they are bad and you would probably lose (depending on the bracket).

12. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Why hasn’t the update come out for iOS yet :(

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

If they were really wanted to make us use lower * birds, just add an additional daily challenge that has * restrictions.

14. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

or maybe something like MPDC rules similar to PvP rules like “Pigs deal more damage but have less health” or “Battles are longer! Go up to wave 15 for better rewards like gems and evolution essence”

Annie14 likes this.
  15. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Also adding color bonuses to PvP kills Fringy’s “45% team attack bonus” since you are forced to use 1 color now instead of any.

16. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Bonuses are not requirements - we've yet to see actual in-game numbers and effects so it remains to be seen how good they will even be (or if it's a flat benefit to birds of the corresponding color or will require multiple of that color bird, or a combination), but there's nothing stopping you from taking whatever team you want to into the Arena, irrespective of any weekly color bonuses. Fringy's leadership bonus is exactly as good as it always has been, possibly even better if you're actually getting the full +45% because you'll always have at least one bird of whatever color is being boosted on the team (again, depending on how that works in actual practice).

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Post update Arena glitches...

1) I am seeing a tiny bit less "pull" from my Chucks & Matilda.
    2) Killed pigs sometimes stay on the field for multiple turns (I have seen as many as 9 at once).
    3) Freezing at least 1 out of 20 battles which makes me loose that battle after resetting.
    4) Totally inconsistent health damage to my team & to the opposition. Sometimes I kill all the pigs & little to no damage is done to the team health at all. Then the next turn I receive a huge damage hit no matter how many pigs they kill. Seems as if I am getting the damage I should have just done to them...
    5) 2nd run of MPDC wont allow AUTO function (2 days in a row so far).
    6) Lot's of freezing, slow downs & crashing. Just getting worse by the hour...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  18. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Still waiting for the update for me, in the mean time.
    Fun.

19. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Not a bad idea really! I wanna take the Flocksburg Eagles to town and see how the cuties perform lol

20. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Arena is driving me nuts after update, the constant 'critical server errors' and restarts are costing so many trophies and means more work for me to keep my place in league :mad:

Kelli Corzine likes this.