1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes 1.14

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TheBeardyBirdy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. TheBeardyBirdy

TheBeardyBirdy Moderator Staff Member

Have been a good bird this year? Don’t expect hot chocolate & gifts! We give you the wrath of Angry Santa & Grandfather Frost instead. Are you ready for the Christmas you deserve?
    Brand New
    • Christmas Event:
      • Before he started gulping thousands of cans of Bacon energy drinks before Xmas, this bird was just a regular Santa Claus at the Bird Village Mall. Now, he's something more monstrous...behold the Angry Santa!
      • 5 flockin’ unique seasonal birds and Captain Freedom are making an appearance during the event
    • Orthodox Christmas Event:
      • Hailing from beyond the icy mountains of Bird Island, Grandfather Frost is like Santa, but cooler. *pun intended*...I'll go get my coat.
    • Sell ‘em like there’s no tomorrow:
      • Inventory full? Now you’re just one click away to sell a bird in your Inbox aaaaand it’s gone! Don’t panic, for 4 and 5 star birds you’ll be warned first.
    • Gotta hatch ‘em all:
      • Now you get to spend all your tickets & money in Hatchery
    • Your Facebook friends are now added to the friends tab, even the annoying ones.
    • Don’t know your friend’s real name? Don’t care? How nice.. You can now search them with their game nicknames.
    • Now you don’t need to wait that long to have a full clan. Start with a jam-packed 25 members and increase up to 50!
    • The clan plan: Level cap is increased from 20 to 25. There’ll be more cool stuff to come, prepare your clan for it!
    Fixes and more fixes
    The sneaky scoundrel piggies just won’t go to hibernation and again placed some bugs on Bird Island so we had to deal with them diligently to crash them again, here’s the highlight of many fixes included:
    • Event fixes:
      • Application freeze right before the end of an event is fixed
      • The event teaser now correctly shows the rewards.
    • Video ad fixes:
      • Game freezes after watching a video has been fixed
    • Other fixes:
      • Clan chat is updated with previous conversations and news now
      • Top part of the screen was disappearing in some conditions during Eagle Mountain, this does not happen anymore
      • Darlene’s looks so great with the right avatar. We corrected her feathers.

BannerChristmas_1_RG_v02.jpg

SquawkTron likes this.
  2. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I hope the dungeon freezing and pixelated graphics are fixed.

3. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Is it me or is this version a lot more laggier than version 1.13?

4. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Edited for your amusement

Have been a large payer this year? Don’t expect five stars when you pay! We give you the wrath of ANOTHER DANG EDDIE EVENT. Are you ready for the P2W event you don’t deserve?

THINGS WE ADDED LOL
    • P2W Event:
      • Before he started paying thousands of money before Xmas, this bird was just a regular Bird at the Bird Village Mall. Now, he's something more monstrous...behold the Angry Whale!
      • 5 new impossible to get birds and Eddie The Bird are making an appearance during the boring event
    • Blue birds nerfed lol:
      • Hailing from beyond the icy mountains of Bird Island, Grandfather McGee is a blue bird! He makes your birds deal 5x less damage! He is hard to get so make sure to cough up your wallet!
    • Sell all your four and five stars instantly:
      • Boring Team? Now you’re just one click away to sell all your four and five stars in your Inventory aaaaand it’s gone! Don’t panic, for 1, 2, and 3 star birds you’ll be warned first.
    • Gotta catch ‘em all:
      • Now you get to spend all your REAL money in the Pokémon go sponsor!
    • Your Facebook friends are now tracking you, even the annoying ones.
    • Don’t know your friend’s real name? How nice of you for not being a creep.. You can now search them like the stalker you are with their game nicknames.
    • Now you don’t need to wait that long to have a full clan. Start with a jam-packed 25 members and increase up to 70! But we also increased the donation price to 1000 gold for 1 EXP
    • The clan plan: Level cap is decreased from 20 to 10. There’ll be more stuff for us to make money, prepare your wallet for it!
    Things we didn’t fix cause we didn’t want to
    The sneaky scoundrel piggies just won’t go to hibernation and again placed some bugs on Bird Island. Thankfully they allowed us to make even more money so we didn’t fix them!
    • Event fixes:
      • Application freeze right before the end of a event now doesnt give your prize!
      • The event has more special groups that get priority!
    • Video ad fixes:
      • Game freezes after watching a video now permanently increases ticket price by 2x!
    • Other fixes:
      • Global chat is still broken
      • MPDC is no longer avalible to anyone
      • Birds having their graphics pixelated stay like that FOREVER!

View attachment 1354

WilsonTheRedBird likes this.
  5. Funperson

Funperson Tiny Birdy

Pv P still freezes. It froze on me today. So, not fixed.

6. WilsonTheRedBird

WilsonTheRedBird Tiny Birdy

7. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

I like the hatch all for bronze tix. Other than that pvp needs to be fixed, probotnik still needs to be fixed. When I kill a few pigs on the board and the ones that die later because of the posionous gas, end up reducing my health.

When the pigs show a ko when I plan my attack with a maxed out P5 Carson (Super shot lvl 7), I expect the pigs to die, but it so happened more than a few times that 3 of them on my side never died and I ended up losing. Needs to be fixed.

Now we have a super shot totem cap at 10? I couldn’t claim one from MPDC even though I had a lot of empty slots, tried reloading the game but still won’t let me claim the Super shot totem.

I would normally get a warning of max resource when I play a dungeon where I already have 200 evo essence but that warning is now gone? Not a major deal but just noticed this.

I need a chuck or a 1 ss cooldown 5 star bird!

8. DivePhilippines

DivePhilippines Tiny Birdy

So this is what I find simply baffling. I repeatedly reported the video ad error issue even going as far as accusing the game developers of intentionally designing the game so video had to be watched twice. After all the video ads MUST result in some sort of revenue for Rovio. The replies I got was that the error was due to poor connection on my end. Let's forget the fact that others were reporting the same problem, it must be MY connection. So I sent links to YouTube videos I posted showing my attempt to get a free scout. Video plays all the way through and the error appears. I watch the video a 2nd time and lo and behold I get my scout. I then immediately tried to claim either a free chest or arena battle. Again the 1st video is watched all the way through and the error pops up. Second attempt is again good. So apparently my connection was poor on video 1, good on video 2, bad again on video 3, and miraculously good on video 4. I didn't realize my internet connection quality could be so selective because I watch videos for other Angry Bird games and rarely have a problem. My connection apparently doesn't like me playing ABE.

And now, Rovio claims it fixed the bug causing video ad errors. Wait a minute, I thought there was no bug, that it was all my ISP's fault? So, you fixed the slow connection you repeatedly told me was causing the problem? Thank you so much.

Oh wait a minute. BREAKING NEWS! We've just received a report... The video ad errors still exist.

Buds likes this.