1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owlpheus is the most disappointing bird in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bad Person, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

I cringe whenever I get owlpheus and see him still in my inventory at level 1. He could have been a staple in the game like Carson as the best 4 star white bird. People like me use Carson even though he is a 4 star because he is awesome. Owlpheus has one of the cooler looks in the game and could have a whole field spread matrix ss... but he doesn't. He's just a filler bird until you get Steve or red and realize all 3 of them are crummy birds and just filler birds until you get jackie or Matilda. Rovio made a big misstep by not making their 4 stars maybe more dominant but having the player have to decide if their hit points were worth the sacrifice.

Black is the only color where this is a question 5 star vs 4 star.

Carson better than 5 stars.
    Matilda way better than jackie.. no one can get annie
    Claude way better than crummy red, worthless Geraldine.. fire rooster is ok but in major peckers Billie is good. If you have claude Billie is second best bird.
    Trash is best blue by far and no 4 star blues are really that effective
    Chuck rules yellow though the nerf has killed him. Turkey and Cyril fans may disagree. Billy is also effective but no one gets to his super shot.. and doris isn't strong enough to kill on her ss

Sucks that there is no reason to gravitate to any bird but 5 stars

2. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Why are you bashing on Steve? He isn’t that terrible. I rarely hit power-ups when I use him. At least he can kill a lot of pigs unlike a lot of other 5* birds.

Also yes, Owlpheus is pretty terrible.

3. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

After new ss ranking system i personally give Jacquie the edge over Carson. I recently sold everything I had and started from scratch. My first time through Carson was my anchor from the beginning. He was my last 4* bird until I had all 5* birds. Since restarting I only had to level Jacquie to level 3 and she has still always killed pigs in 1 shot. Choose her wide (sick rift) ss and her aoe is very large. Matilda is obviously better but Jacquie is as strong as other 5* white birds on offense. You still lose health since she is a 4* but as far as taking out pigs she gets the job done almost better if not better than Carson. (since the be ss system was implemented)

4. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

Also, I prefer Murphy even having a timer of 3 and blue annie is without a doubt better than thrash. Just because thrash's timer is 1 doesn't make him the best 5* blue from my experience.

As far as Chuck goes, you may be a newer player? Once you get his ss to about rank 6 to 7 he does just fine. I use 1 of my 2 chucks with an ss rank 6 with no issue. Chuck is best used in the middle. He definitely has not been killed by the nerf.

Now naturally 5* are stronger in most cases and provide more health so of course in the long term the idea is to use the strongest birds available. There are a select few 4* birds worthy of prestige leveling and that rival 5* birds in the game but the idea is to eventually replace them. So I don't really understand why one would gravitate to 4* birds. You wouldn't start a rookie in place of Michael Jordan you know what I mean?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  5. Pedro Monteiro

Pedro Monteiro Super Cool Bird

well bad person just likes to say that 5 star birds are crap, carson is an awesome bird but he is not better than the 5 star, the health deficit alone makes him worse

6. Dan1212

Dan1212 Super Cool Bird

well i stopped reading his post when he said chuck is crap now.. because he's an obvious troll or somebody utterly clueless. He is only right about one thing, and that is RED is a crummy bird LOL..

And by the way duck norris.. I tried to state how good jackey is in my Bird Tier Ranking posts i made previously on these forums.. I had her tied with carson as A tier. Just 1 notch below S tier which is only for Claude,Chuck,Matilda, Annie. And I stated the only reason they cant be considered S tier is due to the heath, but otherwise excellent. I even stated, She is your Matilda, before you get Matilda . I've used her since the beginning and she has always 1 shot pigs easily in arena .

7. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

I've had to level Carson to ss9 but he still cleans the board, even if in opposite corners. I had jackie forever and she was awesome, but to hit the whole board is ti ts. I don't have chuck and bette ain't doing it for me so to have a 1 as timer on thrash and used as my second bird in arena can kill 3-4 pigs. Ill keep him if you don't mind. Murphy is no use for me because I'm clearing the board with Carson and Matilda by that point and ending arena... plus in general blue birds suck if you have to rely on them for your third shot. Claude is my leader so he goes first.

I don't fear chuck anymore since the jpnerf, he kills fewer pigs than my thrash on shot two in arena due to crappy ai. Though I would like him if I get him as I think he is better than thrash in that spot, but for what's out there he's the best early ss bird.. since they screwed the poochand made the turkey not a 1ss timer

8. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

Except for the fact that you kept reading until the end to get to my thoughts on chuck. Not sayin, just sayin.