1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinion about update policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ko Hyeok Jin, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Ko Hyeok Jin

Ko Hyeok Jin Hatchling

Rovio..they keep going on reduce all they gave us.. Dungeon bonus, bird selling price, event bonus(Especially reducing the number of gem is really crazy!!) and Arena bonus..etc..

Of course they did not take anything away from us. but it's they want to give themself credit for what they did.

Rovio want to earn money..but I think that they are out of line!!

msater bird? What kind of bird is it?
    six stars birds? Five and a half birds?
    and four star birds..what's that mean?

Limiting times of arena entries and the time allowed to enter aerna to one hour makes it no more meaningful to compete in the rankings. Because anyone can wait 5 hours..

Eventually, as the event rewards shrink, it's very difficult to activate the rewards of the clan.

because of changing arena rules I feel lack of evolution resourses..

Of course, the new changes are not always bad. But too sudden and important changes cause us a lot of confusion and lose interest in the game.

I hope at least that event reward and arena's rules will change again in the past...

2. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Master birds are 5* birds but even stronger than regular 5* birds. Think of them like "Super ultra duper rare 5* birds." Horrible analogy but it works.

4* birds are... well, numerical order, better than 3* but worse than 5* in terms of stats. Some 4* are better than 5*, however, so all of them are worth looking at.

And arena changes... I can live with.

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Event rewards for the clan are not hard to get if you are in the proper clans We got our clan gold ticket earlier today with many of us well over 10K in points. You need to be in those 50 members clan to have the 600K done easily. If you clan is that bad, send me a private message in this forum and you can join mine.

Recent changes don't affect long time players who have everything, sometime multiple copies of the same bird. New players will struggle for sure.

Arena changes stem from complaints. Before you need to play continuously (and you can with few mins break here and there) in order to get to top 5. The earlier you start the arena the worse it was. Now you can get to top 5 if you just play once every 5 hrs.

If you have other difficulties or need explanations, just ask.

4. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

Arena changes are awful IMO. They claim they wanted to cut down on the grind, this weeke has actually been more Grindy than before. Before the change if you were a few hundred or even 1000 trophies behind you could catch up if you DID grind for a bit. Now if you happen to miss some time from the game there is no way to catch those who didn’t.

There is also something up with some in my league. I have managed to stay in the top 7 for most of the week, but yesterday someone was able to add more trophies than you would expect in a short period of time. Of course they could be using pink tickets, but it appeared to me that they would have had to blow all 25 (or more) tickets to what they did...I will see tonight whether they make another large move before the end.

I am curious how anyone who waited til late in the week to play fared...

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, i used to wait til the 2x key day to spend most of my pink tickets. It could be as simple as that?
    He might also have spent a few gems to get up into the top 5 & gain more...

6. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Is it really so bad? I am upset they they started with great rewards and took them away. But the new players vent system is real nice touch. Finally some challenge

7. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Didn't wait until late in the week, but was sitting in number one spot, 1000 points ahead of 2nd, right up until I logged in today. Suddenly the guys sitting in in 4th and 5th places are first and second, and I'm 200 points behind the third place guy. So, I don't know, maybe they had some tickets and their clans just pumped gems to get their trophy perk to L5.... That, or they spent gems on extra turns. But, overall, new league is more grindy than old league. You pretty much have to set your alarm, so you get all your refills, or risk dropping behind.

8. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

New league rules are definitely not "more grindy" than before, because if you were in a heated race to maintain your spot in the old system, you literally could not go to sleep at all lest you throw away a ton of opportunities to battle; now you can get a solid 5 hours of sleep content in the knowledge that nobody else can battle more than you without expending precious resources for the privilege.

The issue now is that each individual battle's outcome matters exponentially more than it used to, and while it's easier to get in all the possible battles you have available each day, now you CAN'T miss any, ever - even if you don't, it may not matter anyways because another player may simply be luckier than you and have more PvP tickets to spend (or stupider than you and blow through gems). That isn't grind though.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

The big issue is that they cut our keys by like 80% after cutting gold in Dungeon 50% so we literally make 90% less gold from arena / dungeon than we used to. If they had INCREASED the gold in dungeon to like 1,000, it would be perfect.
    I had campaigned for something like this with them for a LONG time now, but my idea was a 30min refresh & like 8-12 keys. Also a small boost in dungeon gold in order to augment fewer total keys...
    What they have done in actuality is strip a lot of rewards AGAIN under the guise of "helping us"...

10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I believe object was to reduce evo. Making it harder to have highly evolved birds to get the master birds. Not aimed at most of us but new players. They want us to go away. No revenue stream for them and negative review probably come from us too

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Oh, I agree. Rovio always screws us. Just saying what would have been a GOOD & FAIR way to change it without screwing us...

12. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Not entirely true. Like I said, I was sitting comfortably in the lead and ended up 3rd place after catching 8 hours sleep. Getting there, it pretty much was neck and neck from 4th place up. You really have to use every single opportunity to get ahead unless you're exceptionally lucky and get a league where everybody is PVPing at the same time. If not, then it's more scouting for tickets, calculating how many gems you want to sink into replays and the clan perk. Under the old system, at least for my level, I was finding that towards the end of the week, trophy rewards were on average 25% higher than at the begining. That was simply due to the adjusted rewards for beating teams with more trophies. I guess it all depends what level you're competing at re: overall grind.

13. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Right, you caught 8 hours of sleep, meaning you gave up 93 potential trophies for the 3 hours your battles sat at the cap; if you'd gone to sleep for 5 hours, woke up and played your 5 battles, and then gone back to sleep for another 5 hours, and then played another 5 battles, you would have exactly as many trophies as someone who just stayed up 10 straight hours, ignoring trophy perk differences and actual expenditure of resources.

When I say that there isn't a grind, that's what I mean - there is no benefit to staying up all hours of the night, because you literally cannot play more than once per hour (plus the additional ones from ads, but everyone gets those too), not without spending gems or tickets, and you can do that any time you'd like. When battles refreshed every 10 minutes you couldn't go longer than 79 minutes without playing or you would be giving up potential opportunities to raise your score (and because the potential reward was more randomized just playing every match you could might still have meant that you lost), now you can completely ignore the game for 5 hours and 59 minutes and your opponents won't have run away with a score you can no longer possibly catch up to (that might have been as much as a 2,340 point lead they just got because they were playing and you weren't, under the old rules). The new system didn't introduce more grinding, it just made the individual outcome of matches more important and the difference in scores less pronounced, so there are more players legitimately in the running for spots in the top 5.

The reason it's also a problem, apart from the reduction in overall resources (that could be balanced with adjustments to the rewards or costs for dungeons, but I digress), is that the additional trophies from the clan perk have gone from smoothing out variance and slightly boosting overall scores when you play a substantial number of matches, to something that is utterly mandatory - because there IS no variance anymore, if your opponents are getting the full +6 and you aren't, they will win every single time if you both otherwise play and win the same number of matches. PvP tickets are even more vital, but those are luck based items - before you could blow through a stack of them, but if your opponents got better ELO results or stayed awake longer than you did, it might not have actually mattered; now whoever has the most tickets is the player who gets to play the most matches, ie, the one who wins. Those are both problems specifically because you can't grind anymore.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  14. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I think the point about it being more grindy now is due to the boost in the individual match's importance. Before if you did happen to sleep like a normal person, you would miss out on a bunch of rounds (as detailed above), however, with this setup everyone was allowed a break...if you slept, or had a job that prevented you from checking in during the day, you could make it up by grinding. This was a choice (necessary of course if you wanted to place, but still governed by those in your current league). With the current setup, there is no choice...if you miss out, you fall behind, and assuming those you are competing with are as diligent with playing as you need to be, you won't catch them without spending.

While the new setup evens things out and forces us to slow down, it also limits us in our ability to catch up.

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yes, thats why it should have MORE entry's. 7-8 at a minimum.

Redwing likes this.
  16. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

7-8 at a minimum and a major reduction in dungeon entry fees. I personally would prefer it to be 10-12 as THAT would make it less grindy. Only once every 12 hours would you have to play for ~15 minutes to get your dungeon keys and trophies. Plus the mandatory once every 4 hours for scout battles. It would be much more balanced I think.

Dungeon fees should reflect the cut in total available battles and be reduced equivalently. If we get 1/5 the battles as before, dungeon entry should be reduced to 1/5 meaning it costs 2 to enter and 3 to quick battle. If Rovio wants to screw us and reduce resources, bump it up to 4 and 6 and keep the keys from the daily rewards.

Redwing likes this.
  17. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I'm sure Rovio will address the dungeon issue with their usual 'more for less' approach. I'm just waiting for them to nerf the exchange rate for gold and evo from 2*+ birds.