1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One More Screw You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

One of the reasons this appears to be a screw you is the inconsistant last gem reward for getting over 15k. Its something i noticed when the boys started to play the game, they were never getting the exact proper gem reward for their best scores early on. Which lead to me having to do back and forth tickets with customer services on each of their accounts, with multiple screenshots to prove they were missing out, lots of arguements and a whole bunch of wasted time. By the time the youngest decided he wanted to play i had been through this 3 times and had started to see a pattern, so i didnt bother sending in tickets, i just took a note of what he got each week. It seems that the game never quite gets the early best score rewards right but it will right itself on your last payment for going over 15k. That has lead to players believing that they have recieved a reduced gem rate for that weeks best score or (the popular myth on flockers) that if you keep going after you go over 15k then you get all the gems upto what score you finished on, for example if your old best score was 14k and you went over the 15k to 16k then you would get a payout of 2k, instead of just the 1k to the 15k cut off point. Which is incorrect you will just get the 1k but you will also get whatever the game owes you from incorrectly calculated past payouts.

Edit: Another reason it surprises players is that no new players read the FAQs in the help section where you go to put in a ticket. The 15k explaination has been in there for well over a year at least

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I opened this thread convinced it was going to be a complaint about runes, but it was just the old 15k dealio. The thing about the bonus gems for beating your high score is that the cut-off point is horribly communicated, no possible arguments can be made otherwise... but it's also something that is never actually mentioned in-game. They don't tell you how the system works and then neglect to mention the hard-coded cap that's been there forever (this is a very old question/complaint), they simply don't mention there is any bonus at all - if you don't really pay attention and/or rarely best your previous high scores, you might not ever work out the relationship between your weekly score and lifetime record.

3. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I wholeheartedly agree...I played and played, and when they had the rule where you could get extra bonus points each round, I managed to massively best my previous high score (I keep thinking it was some other bonus that got me there, but I can't rcall). I was totally looking forward to a ton of gems for my score, and lo and behold, got 1 gem...I was so disappointed...and I also felt the 1 gem reward was a slap in the face...

4. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

They do have it in game, its just in a very obscure out of the way area, that barely anyone would go unless they were bored and pressing random places.. i dont think new players even know that in the area you send tickets, where it says angry birds evolution, is actually a pull down menu for problem solutions. 20181016_224249.jpg 20181016_224450.jpg 20181016_224528.jpg

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Lol I can't complain about something that hasn't been released yet.