1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One More Screw You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

My previous best was 15,211. I was counting on those gems Rovio. If you screw me one more time, I'm done with this game. If I had of known you were going to do this, I would have maxed out 3 weeks ago and gone to 25k+. This is the reward I get for being dedicated. But screw me right, I've only been a player since February. I've only spent $9 a month plus one package a month for the last 8 months. I guess my FUTURE spendings mean nothing to you. You better fix this or I'm not spending another dime...because I won't have a game to spend it on. 20181014_200304.jpg

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

50% gems payout. For most of us we are way beyond that max point level.

3. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Worse, 1/3

4. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Ahh, I miss the days when I'd get gems for beating my personal best. First week in Legends League, and I thought the gem reward nerf had extended to PB awards as well, since I didn't get any. Then I found out that it's really just another of the game's little tricks to make you progress faster than you should be.

That said, changes to daily rewards and back-to-back events have devolved arena into a big 'screw you', if you need to grind dungeon keys. My experience this week was to finish in 7th place after having a two horse race between 2nd and 3rd place since entering League on Wednesday. Still not entirely sure if the sudden rise to the top was late entries who didn't need to enter earlier to grind for keys, or people who were lucky enough to have the pink tickets to blow through, or a combination of both. What I do know, is that most of the top 5 this week weren't in the top 10 at any point when I started playing....

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

We experienced the opposite this week. After about Thursday evening, the leader board stabilized. I slowly walked away from the 6th place guy which was a battle from Tuesday to Wednesday. I nearly thought I'd lost it when I forgot to play two mornings in a row until lunch time. I have to admit, the latest change takes less dedication to win, but more focus to remember to play. I think it's gotten harder with the recent change.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

?, the personal best gems stop at 15k if i recall. Its been such a long time...

7. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It seems to work out about the point you enter Legends League. 15K sounds about right, since you pretty much had to get over that to place well enough to make it worth your while under the old system.

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It looked like that was how it was going to be both weeks with the leagues I've been in. But both times, come late Saturday, and suddenly people are rocketting up the board. Last week, I thought maybe it might have been me getting a good night's sleep. This week, though, I was able to stay on top of things. I guess the bracket I fall into, late entry with tickets is still a viable strategy, just as long as event progress isn't forcing you into Arena earlier in the week.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Regardless, the appearance that they are screwing us matters way more than the truth in this instance. Normally I'd care more about the truth, but with the changes recently, it's enough to push people over the edge. It's the straw that broke the camels back, and camels can carry a **** ton of straw. 3-1257235324-the-straw-that-almost-broke-the-camel-s-back.jpg

And for about 2 months, I stayed in the lower leagues so I could get prestige totems easier. It was useful. I didn't realize that they were going to nerf the payout because I would have taken gems over prestige totems any day of the week.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  10. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Well, even when they announced the changes, there was a fair degree of backlash on social media as these weren't what players wanted when they asked for less grind.

TBH, if you're regularly getting 400-900 gems just for placing in your league, you're better off staying there. For the effort I had to put in this week, the 300 gems I ended up with weren't worth it, especially when it represents 1/3 of the reward I was competing for most of the week. The upshot is they might last me a bit longer since clan perks have dropped back to 2* in my clan, with the exception of the powerup perk which is always maxxed out due to it always being a gold cost.

11. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I'm not usually placing high enough to get 400-900 gems since the change. Last week I was ranked #37 because I just couldn't find the time to hit the game. Back when it refilled every 8 minutes, I could manage to keep up and pass many because I had plenty of opportunities. And the keys were a huge incentive as well.

I love this game, my wife says I'm "addicted" , and she's close to being right. I find it a ton of fun, but the stress of constant changes and nerfs is getting to be overwhelming. I haven't dedicated this much time to a game since I played League of Legends 5 years ago, and Runescape when I was a kid. Especially to a mobile game, I just don't have the time as an adult. Who knows, maybe I'm just venting, but many people are just as pissed as me. Rovio is bleeding players and my mom, who is actually addicted to this game, has even thought about quitting here lately.

Random Stranger likes this.
  12. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Over the past 18 months I've stopped playing quite a few games because they decided to nerf rewards, increase grind and decrease the dollar value of every deal. Given my dollar is only worth 2/3 of a USD, I like getting as much value for money as I can out of '$1' deals. Rovio is heading that way. I see it every time they make a change that looks positive for us, then go do something to 'balance' that change against their revenue stream.

13. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

20181015_090732.jpg

Even the Russians are complaining about the personal best rewards nerf.

14. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

That means something

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i still dont get it... its been that way forever unless they brought it back up sometime after I passed 15k.

16. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Again, it doesn't matter if "that's how it's always been" . It's the appearance that they nerfed it that matters. They are doing too much too fast and 95% of its all bad. Players are looking for reasons to quit now. This is just "one more reason" , even if it isn't technically valid. I've had 3 people whom I trust tell me that that's how it's always been, and yet I am leaning toward not believing y'all because I distrust Rovio more. The russian poster said the same thing as me.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I am no Rovio apologist at all & i know they dont explain this at all. BUT, i am just saying it seems like your thinking this got nerfed when it was never there in the first place... it is a thing that surprises every player when they pass 15K.

18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I am. Youre reading that right. I am assuming they nerfed it. I have brilliant people like you telling me I'm wrong, and I trust that you are right. My main point is no longer that it was nerfed. The appearance that it was nerfed for those players over 15k in the arena is pissing people off. In a climate where we are now actively looking for the middle finger Rovio will be inevitably giving us, this is enough to make longtime players quit.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

sure... There is no end of reasons really.
    They add 10 "screw you's" for every good change. This one just happens to NOT be new at all. LOL

20. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

Guessing you guys haven't seen the latest yet... runes