1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obtaining 4* birds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwiloganalt, Apr 7, 2018.

1. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

What's the best way to obtain 4* birds when your out of gems and aren't prepared to pay? I'm super new but already flooded in lvl 20 -30 3* birds, so need to start getting 4* before I run out of lvls for 3*s

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Get in an active guild if you aren't already.

Do not progress too far into the story mode yet (just get all 5 color dungeons open & stop for now).

The tower is now giving Silver Tickets instead of gems (at least today).
    When you do get tickets save them for multiplier during bird events.

Be patient & grind...
    Play all the scouts you get.
    Play the Arena as much as possible.
    Play MPDC, use a 2* Tiffany (white) & at least one 3* Daulton (yellow). You can find you tube videos to show you how it works although they may show Chuck, Daulton is a good starter yellow.

3. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Which is more important daily challenge or insane difficulty? Currently insane in black story

4. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

How would you tell if a clan is active? Iv finnaly got into 1 that accualy has the egg bonus active does that make it reasnobly active? I'm lvl 22 so the good clans I can't get into as they all seem to have 40+ required

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

You will need to just be in what clan you can be in initially & as soon as you are leveled up enough to get into a larger clan you will want to do it. I started with a 15 person clan, then 25 & was eventually able to jump into a 50 clan when I hit level 90. You just need to look regularly for a larger clan that has lower standards.

Also, you should spend some time reading through more recent threads in the General Discussion section...

6. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

Use Golden 10x tickets, you guarantee you will get at least One (1) 4-stars or higher. Save up that 1350 gems and/or complete the personal part of the events. Hatching single silver tickets are pure luck regardless whether you hatch 1 at a time or all 25 in a go.

Even 45 players clan may not get the clan event 10x gold ticket. For every hardcore diehard player in the clan there bound to be a slow producer also. People have lives. Never spend real $$ for the clan, you are in too deep if you do that. Smart clans will lock down at start of events to prevent the free loaders from joining. Most clans want players who can go deep in Daily Challenge and play Insane modes only.

Player level doesn't mean that much. My wife started last weekend and still managed to get 3000 chocolate bunny before the Easter event ended.

7. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

But how can you compete against somone who is oviusly on 24/7? Iv used more berries than iv lost opportunity of using free but this 1 guy is miles ahead of me, so I have 0 chance of getting a gold ticket

8. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

For Beach Brawl there are some leaderboards that u can never win. Not even I can win against those. Aim for #2 and #3 if u can. Unless u managed to get into #1 and nobody wants to challenge u, stay at #3 or lower but see if u can keep pace with the leaders. Then decide whether to charge forward or not in the last couple hrs of the game. If those above u have stopped by then it could they are sleeping. You may just able to go past.

In this one I surged forward and won. Son's went up from 5 to 1 but got overtook in last 30 mins of event, guessed he should has pushed further. Wife decided to stay at #3

Patience my friend. Live within your means.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yup, you are a little too green to be so worried about top position yet. If it happens great but don't bum yourself out when you cant quite compete yet. Just play & stack up your tickets & gems so you spend them during an event...

10. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

It's so annoying that it seems that anything that will give you a 4* is rigged to almost always go to somone who has 5*s

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Not at all, you just started playing so why would you expect to have the resources that those of us who have played for months have built up? Any game you play requires you to play a while & grind bit to earn better rewards & upgrades...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  12. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

So it's not as bleak as it looked to me, that I would probably get fully maxed 3* dungeon teams before I got lucky enough to get a 4*?

13. Gildan

Gildan Tiny Birdy

Every golden ticket you get is for certain going to result in at least one 4-star bird (if not more), and so as long as you can complete the personal rewards during events you can get a golden ticket regardless of how large or active your clan is (getting a 2nd one from the clan rewards requires a fairly large and active clan to unlock), so no, you shouldn't need all that long before you have some 4-star birds.

The Beach Brawl event is atypical, most don't toss you into a random bracket and make you compete over the prizes, you just collect stuff from event markers and unlock rewards that way; the upcoming event on the 11th with the new Hockey bird should have a golden ticket as the top prize (assuming they don't decide to change things up), if you can beat scout marker battles on Insane then it's not too hard to finish unlocking all the personal rewards during those.

Also, save up premium hatch tickets, golden or the regular silver ones, and don't use them unless an event is running where you can increase your hatch multiplier (you can hold 25 silver or 10 golden tickets) - using tickets when an event isn't running means you're getting the worst odds possible.