1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

notes on awaken skills

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tobis gmail, Apr 28, 2019.

1. tobis gmail

tobis gmail Super Cool Bird

This thread is dedicated to explain and clarify some of the awaken skills which are often described poorly. this is important since awakening requires huge amounts of resources, hence proper understanding of the skills is crucial.
    I'll start with what I've learnt through my experience.

• Increase the effectiveness of all power ups collected by 30%: this affects powerups collected by any bird in the team. It also stacks up, i.e. having both awakened Carson and Matilda in the team increases the effectiveness by 60%.
    • Increases Red's damage by 30%!: note that this only increases the damage done by the skilled bird itself (the one named Red), not by any red bird (!). I've yet to determine if other, unawakened Reds are affected as well, or if this effect stacks up with more Reds.
    • Increases the combo counter by x2!: note that this only increases the combo counter of the skilled bird itself (e.g Chuck or LP), not all birds in the team (!)
    • Increase Frost's movement speed!: also increases the distance he travels. I've yet to determine if other, unawakened GFFs are affected as well, or if this stacks up with more GFFs.

others are welcomed to add their knowledge and experience as well.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Thanks Tobis... The stacking is interesting for sure (if its true and i dont think it is, lol).
    I have honestly never understood why so many peeps thought that any of the skills WOULD affect the entire team unless it specifically said it did. Granted they are almost all poorly worded (standard Rovio fare unfortunately) but it always seemed like wishful thinking to assume more than what they say.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  3. tobis gmail

anybody had a chance to awaken birds with healing skill? how do they work?

4. Urban

Urban Tiny Birdy

Playing my awakened Master Lady Bacon I can honestly say that I didn't notice anything above Claude's ability despite her wiping the board clean.

5. tobis gmail

so the skill is basically useless?

6. Urban

Urban Tiny Birdy

It might be that because my team has 4 maxed out, awakened birds there's not going to be much of a visible change, but yes, I took her out of my team and stuck **Beast** in instead for the crit hit chance boost

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Im not really sure what your saying here? what are you expecting her to do?
    Her extra skill will only give you 5% healing IF you kill a pig that shows the "KO" as your aiming at it (that can only be one pig per turn & very possibly ONLY from her turn).

8. tobis gmail

with regards to what I wrote earlier:
    I noticed that if you have two of the same bird in the team (i.e. two Matildas), their awakening skill does not stack up like having two different birds with the same skill (i.e. Matilda and Carson).

9. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

tobis, have you found out about how the mechanism of push force multipliers work, as for quentin and claude awakened ability

10. tobis gmail

Yes. when the skilled bird (not other birds in team) hits a pig, he moves 50% faster. only works on a regular move, not a super shot though, so pretty useless.

11. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

dang it, but why would they coin it as 'push force', it should be just 1.5x move speed then

12. tobis gmail

the pushed pig moves 50% faster, not the bird...

13. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

ohh, I didnt read that correctly

14. Urban

Urban Tiny Birdy

I would expect any pig that gets knocked out by her to give that bonus. I should know better. Rovio can't give a clear description to save their lives.
    In any case, that only serves to make the skill absolutely pointless. So I stand by my original assessment regarding its usefulness.

Last edited: May 14, 2019