1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No wonder why Blue Birds are underwhelming.. Major bug

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Support' started by Dan1212, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Dan1212

Dan1212 Super Cool Bird

I can't believe Rovio guys haven't spotted this for a game being out this long, but here goes..

So I always wondered why it was that even despite good damage numbers for blue birds.. they still struggled to kill a lot.. And I found out the reason. Before I did this, I setup an experiment for what I thought was happening.. I recently got my Murphy to prestige 5 with a really high super-shot rank. It does somewhere around 4800 damage in the description . Okay so , I looked at the pigs in my arena pvp and saw that their hit-points were 5118 . So that means it would take 5118 damage to kill one.

Now for the experiment I put Murphy as my lead bird for the +30% damage.. And made sure to have a 30% combo to work with. Anybody that can do basic maths knows that my Murphy damage is wayyyyyyyy more than enough to 1 shot pigs. Okay.. So here is where I spotted the bug.. It apparently affects all blue birds..

That same damage figure you see in your description is a 1/2 truth. After the first collision.. The damage values keep getting reduced... I noticed this because every pig hit by my Murphy is supposed to die in one shot.. But it seems that is only for the first 1 or 2 pigs targeted.. Then the damage gets reduced so much that Murphy could hit a pig twice and it still would not be enough damage to kill the pig......

Aren't blue birds supposed to be doing Full damage stated in the description for every single hit? why is there a counting damage reducer......... To me this is a huge bug and explains why blue birds feel so underwhelming despite Supershot rank high.. And explains why they suck in daily challenge too. They have PATHETIC damage because of this continuous reduction of damage after collisions...

If this is intended..Then why arent black birds and white birds also getting a counting damage reducer.. that does not happen because we know they don't have a counting damage reducer!!... But yet blue birds get one? ...........Sigh This is clearly a bug or a stupid design decision kept on the lows.

P.S rovio.. Fix Terence Steamship Barrage for crying out loud

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Abis

Abis Hatchling

i can confirm this. i got Trey on lvl 62. he is dead to me at that lvl.

3. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Terence Fan

This explains why trey splits into 2 with strong and 5 with army

Army does less damage but more birds

4. Fatty

Fatty Hatchling

I don't think this is a bug. Blue birds will do full damage on initial impact (Murphy would kill first pig he hits) then damage/#splits after split.
    So in your example Murphy would do 6,240 damage on initial hit, then after splitting into 3, each mirror image would do 2,080 damage.
    I agree this is bad design (see my other posts begging for blue bird buffs), but I think it is working as intended.

VeronicaVaughnV likes this.
  5. Dan1212

Dan1212 Super Cool Bird

I think indeed its really bad design.. it makes blue birds really weak...

in my opinion Rovio seems to have a balance standard for black and white birds, and then a completely different balance standard for Reds,blues and yellows...

I really don't get why they reduced the damage so much after collision , especially considering that blacks and whites see no reduction for big area of effects... Annie can do 13000+ from the front... Murphy can do 5000 or so max from the front and then that damage dwindles drastically upon collision..

There is a reason why blue birds have been underwhelming.. And this is it !

Liana1356 likes this.
  6. Prince Playboy

Prince Playboy Super Cool Bird

I started using blue birds in my pvp battles, and I can confirm that the full damage is on the first impact. Whether blue birds will have buffs or not, I'm keeping them, (specially now that I know how to perfectly utilise their SS)

Liana1356 likes this.
  7. Janson

Janson Hatchling

That's interesting. I don't keep any blue birds on my team. Everytime I get Trey, he gets turned into birdmeal for my team. Paige would be worth keeping, should I get her.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. Vivek 007

Vivek 007 Tiny Birdy

At least blue birds r better than red birds (other than Claude's leadership) in pvp which is the only battle mode that matters. I think making all splitted birds to have same power as first shot can be overpowering. Thrash has ss of 1 and is a rockstar. Murphy can be better than some lower tier black or white bird if used properly. Maybe they can be buffed about 20 percent to increase their usability

Prince Playboy likes this.
  9. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Terence Fan

If Rovio does that then Trey will be terrible since one of his evolutions split into 2 to deal 400 each and his other splits into 5 to do 150 each

This would make it unfair for the people like me who chose strong tag team

10. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

Agree with fatty. It is the design. Metal Annie's stated damage in the description is what she deals to first pig hit. The mirror images are weaker versions of the main bird. This kind of makes sense to me. Blue birds are all about strategy and timing. Probably not a good idea to counter after say Matilda who will kill all 5 pigs and now you have all 5 fresh pigs on your side. Blue birds will best be used on already hit pigs. It also helps to work on your placement. I am one of the few players at the top level who will use blues. I can ALMOST always manipulate her lines in a way that if I don't kill all pigs I can push all or all but one pig into the ai's side of the arena. Experiment with them and have fun with them. I personally think they are more fun than other boring birds like Matilda who you can kill all 5 pigs while looking the other direction

11. Lotusroot

Lotusroot Hatchling

I agree that blue birds are a lot of fun to use, I personally use them because the first 5 star and 4 star birds I got were blue birds so I had no choice. But I think the problem is that white or black birds are just too powerful in arena, the ability to instantly clear 5 pigs without any strategy makes pvp a bit boring. I would either lower the power of those birds, or maybe increase either the power of blue birds or increase the HP of pigs so they don't get 1 shot. Some combination of both would be best

DUCK NORRIS likes this.
  12. Prince Playboy

Prince Playboy Super Cool Bird

Hell yeah! Shout out for those blue birds fans like me! :)

13. Kenv

Kenv Super Cool Bird

There is no such thing as a “to powerful bird “ especially if you are playing the game using real money IMHO. Blue birds are just food for better red/black/white birds to me.

14. VeronicaVaughnV

VeronicaVaughnV Super Cool Bird

I am not impressed with any of my 4 and 5 star red birds (I have multiples of each) even when they are leveled and ranked up...
    When it comes to 5* birds I have all of them except Dutch, Annie, and Geraldine. I WANT GERALDINE SO BADLY! I have not received a single Geraldine but somehow I have 49 billy the blitzes, very weird luck...

15. Dan1212

Dan1212 Super Cool Bird

in my tier list i have red birds down at the bottom of the barrel for pvp , except for claude.. and the only reason hes not on that list is because of his leadership, not the supershot. If claude didn't have his leadership he'd be terrible as well.

In terms of murphy.. I do think he's better than all red birds in pvp except claude. I do rate murphy as a good pvp bird.. but obviously not on the level of say a Matilda and chuck. I do also think Blue annie is about as good as Murphy if she is paired with Claude. If blue annie isnt paired with claude, then she's almost as bad as Paige .

Please don't mistake this thread as if Im saying All blue birds are absolutely terrible. In this game even if a bird seems decent.. you don't compare it to that.. In order to gauge how good a bird is, You compare it to its competition.

In general White and black birds are the best in pvp. With the exception of Claude and Chuck for red and yellow. Blue's fall somewhere behind the best but not the worst.. Red birds are the worst in arena. At least blue birds can push.

16. Dan1212

Dan1212 Super Cool Bird

An idea for red bird super shots in pvp would be this..

This change should only work for red birds... You know how when pigs deal death damage upon being killed?? Well perhaps only for reds should overkill factor be calculated into the pig death damage as well.. So 1 pig dying to a red bird kick is equivalent to 2 pigs dying from a yellow or black bird.

This will make claude much stronger, But for the other red birds, it would be a necessary buff. Perhaps a small kick damage nerf to claude if such a change goes through