1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sumo Bro, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Sumo Bro

Sumo Bro Hatchling

I got a new update today. No patch notes have been posted, so did anyone else get this?

Attached Files:

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Got it on Android. Don't think it affects this event. The soccer bird is coming probably next week.

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

There's a bunch of stuff going on with this update, here's what I've noticed so far in no particular order:
    • Turns out the total absence of timer and health pigs from the arena was indeed a bug and not intentional, as I feared (sigh).
    • Matilda's animation glitch with the magnet not firing down the lane but sort of just spinning above her head briefly has been fixed.
    • The PvP rules for this week have been altered to just say "no special rules are applied" - looks like larger league sizes are indeed the new normal as we suspected.
    • All birds have a new "category" in their Bio page along with the body type one (which now also has text instead of just an icon, which was my complaint about it when that was introduced), different evolutions may have different categories. No clue what if any effect there will be.
    • You can have an additional 100 inventory slots! They charge 125 gems for 5 slots or 550 gems for 25 slots.
    • They reworked the daily tasks list for some reason?
    • There's a new blue bird in the Sports team set, who is indeed a soccer player.
    • Evolutions in the bio now have 4 frames instead of 3, so the third one isn't split down the middle anymore.
    • Various icon updates to things like gems and gold in the interface.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So they more than doubled the inventory cost from before? It used to be 100 for +10 no? I's been like 6 months since I maxed it out...

Also, this seems to be the first update in a long time that did not require a new download... The changes just showed up for me.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

The new format for daily tasks SUCKS. Just another stupid cosmetic fix of one of the few aspects that was not broken...

6. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Update not available for iOS yet and not auto-update.

7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

No, it was something like 25 gems for 1 slot or 200 gems for 10 slots before, so they're charging exactly as much per slot if you go with the +5 slot option (which you shouldn't) and they've "raised" the price per slot for the 25 slot option by 2 gems per slot (since that works out to 22 gems per inventory slot).

Or put another way, the price to double your current inventory went up by 200 gems from what it would have cost before, had we had that option.

Are you sure your device didn't apply the update automatically? I had to download an update from the Play store like I normally would with previous versions.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

That's what I have always had to do before. I even went to the play store to see if the update was there & it was not.
    But I do appear to have all the updates so it must have auto updated but It's never done that before...

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Anyone notice how out of proportion the 2 event requirement increases are for Personal vs Clan (due to longer event)?
    Approx. 46% increase for Personal but almost 70% for Clan...

Also, the rewards are a joke. No increase at all for the 3 extra days.

10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

My observations so far:
    - I have done 1,500 points so far and no Silver Tickets, 2 blueberries and many of the lower stuff
    - Seems to have more shiney, but not that much more
    - The Silver ticket (maybe daily) will promote some to play the daily challenge. Forcing you to play Oinktagon to get the silver daily ticket is clever by Rovio.
    - Like being able to have more slots for birds. I often have to struggle to keep from losing stackable birds because I keep to many 4-5 star birds in inventory. Like an odd sock, I might need them one day.

Not sure if this is the same across the board, but for me every event for several months my event markers tend to always be in the red zone. I am always maxed out in evo for Red because I always have to do the events there at least 50% of the time. Does not matter the color(s) of the event birds. I would say black is next often. then white followed by blue, yellow and generic tied for last. I try to keep as many alarm clocks in red to hinder this, but not successful.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

LOL, for me it's always in the color I don't want it to be in...
    I too see it in Red a disproportionate amount of the time (maybe 40%). Then Yellow & White with Black & Blue the least. Of course I want it to be Blue lately since that's the color I'm working on.

12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Of course, you are correct. If I wanted it to be red then I would get any color other than red. Haven't needed red since the hockey bird and Santa before that.

13. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

Claim all (at least for me) in the inbox goes page by page now.

14. Landpirate

Landpirate Super Cool Bird

It does 9or10 at a time , for me I like it because I’ll have 200 + and I had to do a bunch 1 at a time or max out and loose a bunch

15. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

commented on this above your post

16. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

You could always try waiting a few minutes for the markers to reset if the event one is in a region you're maxed out on materials for, though it's random so there's no guarantee it wouldn't just end up back there again. It may be a moot point though soon since it looks like they're bringing the event stages back for the soccer bird (I will be flabbergasted if they haven't overhauled the rewards when it does come back, so that doesn't really worry me).

17. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Thanks and I am aware of waiting and it often moves. During events I rarely have much time to play seeing that I play every three hours to maximize opportunities. Plus, the statement was more along the lines of why does it always seem to default to the same color. Same is the case for 4* birds. I get more blue 4* birds than any other but not the case with 5* birds. Blue is the only color of birds I don’t have 5+ 5* birds. Only have three

18. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I dont think they will have changed the rewards, they have changed it to have its own "energy" for us to use so we can keep our scouts and berries for normal play so that we are not missing out on resources like we were last time they launched it. The worry now is that they might have made this new energy something you need to use gems on to get anything decent out of event, making it pay to win.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

They already pointed out that you can Buy more energy with Gems if you really want to "beat those super hard piggys".