1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW UPDATE today, major changes in MPDC... Im not a fan.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, Aug 16, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, the MPDC change really took extra bird strategy away... sad

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Never actually went full Rainbow-mode apart from that one week where there was a trophy bonus for doing so, but you don't actually have to for Fringy to still be good - with a 4-color team you're still getting a bigger bonus to damage than you would running 5 of the same color, and 3-color teams get slightly less of a bonus than a mono-color team would but it applies to everyone.

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

For me I will only use Rainbow flock if they bring back special arena rules.

4. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I actually use a rainbow team as my team. Using Fringy as my leader I sent out Angromedon (if used correctly can be very good) then QB. Rarely I might have to use Dr. Probotnik or Fringy herself if the opponent survives my first 2 shots.

Also I’m considering replacing Dr. Probotnik with Cenk but I’m not too sure.

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Just curious, what's your 5th bird? And do you need that much health regen or what's your reason for swapping Dr. P for Cenk?

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I actually like Cenk's Oni's Rage evo. Its a bigger AOE than most 5* Black birds, he is under powered a bit but the health regen is better than I expected.
    IF i had to use a Black bird in Arena, he would be my choice atm...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  7. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Fire Rooster but I use him as the first shot to prepare The Angromedon. Also Cenk has higher damage and AoE (I chose route blast though)

8. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

That version of Cenk has the same damage as the Thunderdome version of Bomb, which is I believe is the floor for the #s that 5* Black can have (I'd know definitively but I don't have Eddie the Bird or Kowalski the Elf in my collection to compare them to). The Hunter's Blast version of Xenoflocker has that same AoE range with higher damage, but no healing obviously. Comparison.jpg

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Eddies is higher by about 15%

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Thanks for this. That info is awesome. Since he is the same power as bomb, I may swap him in for bomb unless I need the thunderdome to control attacking piggies.

11. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

Chose rogue blast myself as well.. was very curious to see how well he pulled people in. Works pretty well and the fact he delivers 3 blasts puts him fairly equal in base damage to onis rage but the fact he pulls people in facing him means you never get a back shot which makes me cry a little..

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I did Oni's Rage simply because there are so few birds who regenerate health, so i viewed him as sort of a Specialty Bird...

13. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Same. I didn't need a black Chuck or Matilda. I was really hoping for 2 of them, but after going through 6 Goldens and a Gem golden, I figured I'd spent too much. I wound up getting a second Theo before getting Cenk.