1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW UPDATE today, major changes in MPDC... Im not a fan.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Redwing

Redwing Tiny Birdy

Mine's the opposite, more shiny 1-2 stars from regular tickets and clan eggs. Rare as they are, I get more shiny 3 stars from silver and gold tickets than anywhere else. Mind you, I'm at the stage where most birds just get sold for evomat and gold. Much more economical to level 3 stars with totems, since my main team has only two birds level 100.

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

1-star shiny birds are a trick - they function as advertised, but the xp from a 1-star normal bird is so low that it turns out doubling it makes them provide almost, but not quite, as much as a regular 2-star bird. 2-star shiny birds meanwhile provide as much xp as a normal 4-star - use your shiny 1-star birds to level the shiny 2-stars, don't bother leveling up the 1-stars, the extra 50 evolution materials are resources well spent.

A. Wolf likes this.
  3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Second what Gildan said...

4. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

There was no mention of anything in the patch notes, so now that we’ve unlocked all levels in MPDC and quickplay our daily limits... is it ever going to reset to level 1? Will more levels be opened up beyond 7 and 12?

Or is it going to be a quickplay every day until further notice?

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

id assume it will stay this way until they figure out that it was a dumb idea to take away the gem reentry (for them).

Nyk likes this.
  6. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I'm not so sure they will, there are too many little changes that can be tied back to the challenge being free entry now, I get the sense there was more deliberation behind that change than some others in the past. The actual code implementation... not so much (the UI still constantly alerts as if there are updates even when no new rewards are available and all daily attempts have been used).

7. Redwing

Redwing Tiny Birdy

One thing I've noticed is how much it's impacted my levelling and evolving of birds. I'm no longer able to get totems daily, so that means missing out on a 2x XP day if I want to save gold by power levelling with totems. Previously, I could do this daily since it was a daily reward. Coincidentally, I'm now getting more 'buy with gems evolution' pack offers...

Cowboysfan likes this.
  8. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

I’d much rather the levels go further like the new events but increase the rewards respectively. Go to near impossible but make the rewards incredible.

A. Wolf likes this.
  9. Ceez

Ceez Tiny Birdy

Ive been trying to give this a chance but gotta say its hard to get used to. Further South we go..

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Yes. These seem to be a daily occurrence. Any 4 or 5 star bird I'm leveling significantly gets a pop up for their respective color. It's useful if you spend tons of money or hoard gems and desperately need to level a bird for an event, but otherwise just annoying.

Cowboysfan and Redwing like this.
  11. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

That's exactly it...it is useful if you are trying to rush leveling a bird up...I grabbed the deal once or twice already as it was not too cost prohibitive if you just need the bump (at least the first time for 545 gems). I will most likely not grab it much as I don't want to exhaust my gem reserves...I fear once I do that I will feel free to abandon the game...and I would like to put that off as long as i can...

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

really, its almost better to run EM a couple times on the color day you need... I think it can be better rewards for the gems...

13. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Just curious but have you seen some of the new deals for Evo mats? 1100 gems for 1300 Evo mats and 6k gold, plus I think like 14+ rage totems. If I get a bad run in EM I can spend 800 gems getting to level 20 and only receive 200 Evo mats. I think the new deals are worth the gems, but I'd rather be able to grind and earn it instead of buying it.

Key word there is "be able to"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Oh, i forgot about the rage totems... nevermind.
    I never buy anything since im pretty set team wise...

15. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Im going against the grain here for MPDC.. ive grown to like it.. the 700+ gems i save every week can now go to the odd evo offer or half descent run in EM. Plus i no longer need to send in tickets (and put up with condescending arrogant argumentative replies) when the game randomly reloads causing me to lose my run, another 100 gems and the extra time needed to do another run. Also i now have the choice between playing the level or quick playing it, depending on how much time i have or if i want to try out a new team.

RNGesus, RemixFTW, Ceez and 1 other person like this.
  16. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

Right when we thought it couldn’t get any worse

17. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

The Pig drop rate in MM is still horrible. 4 of the last 5 days got a pig on the 3rd try. Hope you all are having better odds

18. Tigerangels42038

Out of the 5 accs my family has, i seem to be the worst off in EM, not getting as harsh a run as you but not much better. The rest of them are doing great in EM this week.. oh well ive been playing a long time, suppose they need them more than me lol :D

19. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I honestly just play to get silver tickets and hopefully the 20 diamonds. Until the last couple weeks I would get to level 10 without seeing a pig or only once most of the time. I am like you that I have been playing for over a year and don’t need much more. The new players I feel bad for

20. Tigerangels42038

Yeah completely agree, it isnt so bad for long time players.. we have been through worse at times.. but if a newbie lands on a harsh EM version.. it will impact them for weeks with the events being contingent on them getting the previous weeks event bird, they wont have the birds we have in reserves.. in saying that, thanks to the newbies in my family, i have noticed recently that..although i hate having core events every other week.. it does help newbies quite a bit since 3 of the core flock are boosted at one time and the quick cycle time of 10 weeks means they are getting a strong team very quickly. My nephews have birds it took me over a year to get! Lol