1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW UPDATE today, major changes in MPDC... Im not a fan.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, Aug 16, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Totally revamped MPDC.
    Among the fundamental changes are no more gems re-entry (its a new grenade cost that refills at the day rollover) & the rewards are nerfed. It appears that it will be very difficult to complete the clan total unless people go nuts ob Sunday during the free entry day? Hard to explane all the changes but you will see soon i guess...

I should not be surprised that Rovio was stupid enough to do this change mid week & mid event but i am...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    JustSomePleb and Ceez like this.
  2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

ALSO, this sucks big time...
    • Selling birds now gives you 25% less Gold
    • Dungeons now give less Gold (Half as much)

Cowboysfan likes this.
  3. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

So it appears the update is just to roll back rewards and not anything to benefit the game play?

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

As per normal Rovio BS, yes.

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

And by doing so mid week when every clan is part way into the conquest. This should have been done on the rollover on Sunday.

Sent support ticket to Rovio. All clans should get the clan rewards under the old system credited to their Inbox. All of us should send support ticket about the missing prizes.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. Ceez

Ceez Tiny Birdy

Silver tickets are also basically history. Rovio almost seems like they want the game to tank, like they are sabotaging it on purpose. We've had 2 people from destroyers85 delete their accounts cuz theyre fed up with rovio constantly taking anything thats good. For sale packages are also giving less and less for the same amount of money..

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yet still claiming they are "4X the value".

8. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I too am basically becoming fed up with the constant downgrading of anything worthwhile. Some may argue that we are now getting lots of stuff from the events, but you all know how THIS goes...give it time and they will start whittling away at those as well...While I enjoy playing the game, the consistent efforts by Rovio to take things away is becoming so egregious that my only recourse may end up being a final exit for me as well. I would hate to do this, however the level of frustration I feel every time this happens added to the 'chore' feeling I get when I have to play PvP in order to get anything worthwhile, or to get my meager daily rewards is getting old. I may just start spending my time on more challenging games (like Sokoban).

9. Epic Buttstomp

NERF-bat happens in all online games. The game maker will refer to them as "Balance". I have seen it in first person shooters to bigger online games like World of Tanks from Wargamming. You could get things BUFFED also in those games.

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I have NEVER played a game that screws it players OVER & OVER like Rovio does in this one. EVERY single update brings some negative imbalance & slews of bugs. And they constantly change the things that actually work while ignoring the things that desperately need fixing/upgrades...

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  11. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

So a clan mate posted in our group chat a reply they seen in flockers about the gold changes..
    1534456151619.jpg
    1534456147051.jpg
    I dont know what customer service employee answered the ticket sent in but that response is all BS. Yes there was a way to get more gold and gems, it took a lot of time and patience but it was never an exploit, it was TACTICS (which funnily enough they even suggest in the reply to come here for) using the birds and rules supplied by Rovio. BUT that was MONTHS ago and they already capped it!! So either the customer service employee doesnt have a CLUE what they are talking about or they are just using that as an excuse!! Im leaning towards they dont have a clue beceause they dont know how much the rewards have been capped by (it was 500 gold dungeons 40 gems gem pigs). Although if on the rare chance their reply is completely accurate they better not have capped them even lower now, otherwise WHY even bother having the birds we can use tactics with??!

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I have to assume that was a confused employee grabbing a cut & paste response about the Kid Yolo gem "exploit" that should never have been an issue to begin with. NOTHING at all to do with the Gold Nerf today...

13. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

This what I feel is their plan

Getting gold and other eco material will be harder to collect, reasons:
    - impatient people will spend money to upgrade...no affect to new plan
    - patient people will have to grind more or spend money. They are hoping they will spend money
    - people who only play arena for evo and coins to upgrade and not for the top prizes. Now they have to play twice as much. Thus, no longer staying in lower groupings

Not sure about MPDC and will have to give it a week, but rewards are not worth the invest time is my first thought

14. Tigerangels42038

Have you played the new MPDC yet Gatorops? It doesnt take long time wise but even so the rewards still suck.

The only thing i can think of as a saving grace for changing MPDC is that it might reduce server crashes mid run, but that will depend on how many waves tier 7 has, if its 7 then still plenty of time for it to crash.

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

it will have 7 waves, you an see them grayed out for future play.

16. Tigerangels42038

I just checked it again, it goes up to tier 12 in the grayed out area but doesnt say how many waves they have. Guess its just a wait and see for now.

17. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

That is my point. I did like the 75 each of the evo

18. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

The pity is that MPDC was the most challenging aspect of ABE and now it is not

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  19. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Not sure if it is just me but I’m not getting three eggs after a battle. I get two each time. If a chest is given I get two eggs but never three eggs. Same for you?

20. Epic Buttstomp

How do you get more of the MPDC tokens? Only 2 per day?