1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Player Perks - So effed Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by It'SaBiRd, Sep 21, 2018.

1. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

Not sure if anyone else caught this but how messed up is it that anyone starting the game from scratch can now select one of the Core Flock members (Red, Chuck, Matilda, Terrance, Bomb) to start the game with?

2. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

So first it was increased storage, now it's a 5* bird of choice. Now I know this is subjective, but other games I play just uprade for everyone. TBH, I don't see why newbies need special treatment. It's not like Veteran players can go seal-clubbing them.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Grab the Chuck will be a bit more OP in the long run than Matilda. Either is good. This will make life a bit easier for the new player these days when silver tickets are hard to come by.

4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I will say it annoys me some that they start off with a 5* bird when we could barely get a 3* in the beginning. But, with the new event format, they really do need the boost from the core birds to be able to do more than the first few levels. Overall, I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'm definitely jealous.

Plus from a marketing perspective, it's kind of smart to start with a familiar face.

RNGesus likes this.
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Back when I started (June 2017) when silver tickets grew on trees literally, I got couple of 5-stars early also. Then comes event where I got few more.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

This was clearly due to new players getting frustrated & leaving or not spending $$.
    Plus, just imagine how frustrating it would be to have a 5* to start & no way to upgrade him quickly. You would be much more tempted to spend $$ right away. Id rather see them doing things like this than nerfing the event reward gems so badly...

Redwing likes this.
  7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. We've lost several new players in the last week alone. Most of them in the 20s and 30s. I had to kick a player today due to two weeks inactive who had been a heavy contributor for the first two events. I'm talking 23k+ event points. I guess they realized it's hard to get far unless you spend money.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

yes, this game rewards patience OR spending $$.