1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Balancing Changes just went live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmoney, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Terrence

Terrence Super Cool Bird

well...not just yours...EVERYONE's Claude has been nerfed as well, so it's sorta fair?

2. Stakes

Stakes Tiny Birdy

Fair to those who DIDN'T work to get Claude.... Not fair to those that grinded their asses off to get a Claude BECAUSE of his ability numbers... LOL. I am not mad about it, it's just a bit of a bummer.

3. Terrence

Terrence Super Cool Bird

To make u feel slightly, if any, better...my highest invested Bird in my core team is Claude (at prestige 3).

4. Vexim

Vexim Moderator

There are a couple other things that will get "rebalanced" soon for the better ;)

5. TurtleMafia

TurtleMafia Super Cool Bird

Any news from the Discord on whether the two Captain Freedom evolutions will get their own unique abilities? I've been keeping my CF pre-evolved at level 60 in case they do.

6. Vexim

Vexim Moderator

Hmm no word as of yet, I'll inquire about it. In any case, the possibility of a totem that allows swapping between evolutions has been discussed.
    Maybe in a near future? :D

Onlong, TurtleMafia and Night like this.
  7. IncognitoPig

IncognitoPig Tiny Birdy

what about a Rage totem that gives the bird double the damage for a couple of hours? just a small suggestion

8. putte

putte Super Cool Bird

And with all that said, we will never see a fan group for the fan birds. If we will, they will be reduced in any way. And the most of the people in here think
    its a good way to develope a game? pushing out a Beta game for players to play and pay for?

9. gmoney

gmoney Super Cool Bird

Ok, understandably you are pretty salty right now, probably about the same way I felt when I spent 150+ hatches and didn't get chuck during chuck event. But, games evolve, re-balancing happens in different ways. Same games adjust existing characters/figures/whatever, others introduce new and more powerful ones (power creep). That being said, I don't agree with all of the changes, and yes the fan bug is taking some time to fix, but ryz said in discord today that it would take a fix to the client (so it is something that will have to be accepted by the app stores). Anyway, games change, that doesn't make it a beta in its current state.

10. putte

putte Super Cool Bird

The main problem is that I cant trust it anymore. And thats a big problem.....

11. AngryMe

AngryMe Tiny Birdy

Have you ever played a MMORPG? There is always re-balancing.
    Now you have to think about a new stragety for PvP. That is a part playing.

ADBjester, RyogaDyana and Vexim like this.
  12. Tyz

Tyz Hatchling

LMAO....I've spent a fortune on gems getting Claude as well as last week or so playing just to upgrade him, only to find they've pulled the carpet from under my feet as I step up to be able to take advantage! Oh well, it is in the interest of balance, so can't be too salty....but, still have a slight distaste in my mouth right about now :(

putte likes this.
  13. Tyz

Tyz Hatchling

I hope they have changed the opponent from using Chuck SS on the first shot (SS countdown -1) ...if not, I would like to know why they haven't!?. As we don't get the chance to use him like that....and it's a distinct advantage to AI to be able to, especially when Claude is set as leader and heals back most (if not all of the health) you took from your first shot!

putte likes this.
  14. Tyz

Tyz Hatchling

Nope, still an issue; just had a match where opponent used Chuck SS on their first turn! However, Claude didn't heal back as much as previously.....so that didn't suck totally, haha! But still, Chuck SHOULD NOT be able to use him SS on first shot! We've started the balance, so let's see it through to the end please ;)

15. surge666666

surge666666 Hatchling

Hello.
    Can someone tell me how Captain Freedom is going to be "buffed?"
    So far I see no difference.Has anyone got an improved version of him?

16. Vexim

Vexim Moderator

They already buffed his SS damage....he is definitely a good bird to have for pvp.

Night, TurtleMafia and Tyz like this.
  17. Phorx

Phorx Tiny Birdy

My problem with these changes is that some people paid REAL MONEY to try and get Chuck and Claude based on the stats they had at the time. To change the birds after the fact ( regardless of whether you think it's good for the game or not ) makes this a bait-and-switch. When this kind of change has been done in other games, the makers compensate players. I've also gotten cash refunds from the Apple App Store when it's really bad. If anyone feels ripped off, that's a real option.

putte likes this.
  18. Tyz

Tyz Hatchling

Agreed. Freedom SS is much more powerful from my experiences...

19. TurtleMafia

TurtleMafia Super Cool Bird

Chuck and Claude are still among the strongest birds in the game. They were overpowered earlier. Even now people on the forums talk about Chuck's powerful SS.

20. Phorx

Phorx Tiny Birdy

I'm not saying they're not still good, just that they're not what people paid to get originally. They could easily have nerfed the birds before their respective hatching events, avoiding people feeling a bit ripped off.

putte likes this.