1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never ending PvP arena battle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsk96m, May 27, 2018.

1. dsk96m

dsk96m Hatchling

Anyone else having an issue with certain PvP battled with the pigs with targets on there chest. The battle is never ending. Both players are pretty much at 100 percent health all the time. Hitting or killing birds is like increasing your health, not doping damage. I let it autopsy for like 30 mins. I was up to like 700 black evolution material. I had to retreat just to get out of it, thus losing trophies. Anyone else seeing this?

Cowboysfan likes this.
  2. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Iv had 1 that dragged out till I got 54 Evo mats but not keeping going forever

Cowboysfan likes this.
  3. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I have had this a few times as well...there is no symbol above these pigs’ heads...no damage, health, or timer indicator, so the only way to inflict or get damage is by the pigs hitting you. Very annoying.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  4. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Oh, you got excavation pigs?
    Yeah, I got that too. Still won thanks to patience and persevering.
    Got a lot of Black Evo materials... aka, around 50.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  5. dsk96m

dsk96m Hatchling

I had one go up to 800 material with no end in site

Cowboysfan likes this.
  6. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Just push the pigs to the enemies' side without using SS. Simplez.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Thats a lot easier said than done. In my case, after the first 2 shots I will never have a bird available with no SS.
    The problem also is the supper long shot timer on these pigs so they usually die before they can do any damage. It has to me a mistake / glitch by Rovio as they do not do what they say they do in their info...

Cowboysfan and dsk96m like this.
  8. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

If you don't manage to pull that off and have your opponent go down within the first 5 shots, if they have Claude as the leader, the match will drag on for a functionally infinite length. You simply can't keep the pigs both alive and on the opponents side of the arena for long enough to out-damage their healing.

Cowboysfan and Epic Buttstomp like this.
  9. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

My 3 Chucks, El Jefe, Matilda team dragged one out to 1500 materials and have to quit. It will never end, not even on auto play. Worse is the other side has a Claude. Constantly back to full health.

After that I put Bomb back into El Jefe spot, no issue dealing with this setup again. Even a Carson or Zain will do the trick.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  10. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Well, considering when I had this match and we both had Claude as leaders...
    I still won, magically.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  11. Ozshwehtoo

Ozshwehtoo Hatchling

Yes, I have a few times. It forced you to retreat. It even took 59 trophies from retreat. Very very annoying.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  12. Epic Buttstomp

I guess those Black nightmares are meant for this week event. All black team gets bonus. Pig's health increased. Some pig has force fields

Cowboysfan likes this.
  13. Starman.thc

This is unplayable. I am spending too much time and getting absolutely nowhere in these matches. Even if I am able to wear a team down part ways, even without Claude they build back up due to power ups. I have had to cancel 2 out of 3 matches due to the lack of progress after roughly 50 rounds. I may have to sit this week out if a solution doesn’t present itself.

14. Epic Buttstomp

If you are talking about this week arena?? Bring a black team, even an average one will do.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  15. Starman.thc

i AM using an all black team...does not help one bit....while I HAVE Been able to win a few (and bring me back above 14,000), some have taken a long time, and another I was almost ready to pull the plug then finally got it done. How is a pig With a 5 shot timer supposed to survive long enough to get a shot off?

Cowboysfan likes this.
  16. Epic Buttstomp

An noob trick works well this week: push all pigs over the line

Cowboysfan likes this.
  17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

This is a really ridiculous week. It would be fine if they had not put such long timers on the pigs & if the pigs actually gave damage when you kill them (like they are supposed to). This second issue has to be a glitch & hopefully they will fix it soon...
    But it's Rovio so I'm not holding my breath. :(:mad::confused:

Cowboysfan likes this.
  18. liontooz1

liontooz1 Tiny Birdy

1 lost, 2 wins -> 14007
    I guess i will stay there for the rest of the week, earning the 550 gems...some kind of holiday.

Edit: the loss comes from a never ending battle.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Cowboysfan likes this.
  19. Epic Buttstomp

The simplest way they can fix this week arena mess is to do the followings:
    1. When the pigs die, the opponent gets damages.
    2. The timer for the pigs should be no more than 3 for the big ones, small ones should attack each turn.
    3. Round limit. The match should end with a tie (split the trophies) after 6 full rounds, 30 moves each.

Strong pigs is not the issue for seasoned players. I like the idea they force us to change our flocks around but nobody has time for endless matches.

Going back to my more usual arrangement of 3 Chucks, put in Bomb and Carson. 1st move (with Bomb in #3 position) is to kick as many over the line as possible. 2nd move goes to Chuck. 3rd move usually belongs to Carson, need to pick up some healing by then. Leave Matilda out for this week. Chuck is good with sucking the pigs to the enemy side if they won't die. Less trophies per game but I make up the differences by finishing the matches faster.

I will post on the FB when there is a thread for the arena.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Cowboysfan likes this.
  20. Starman.thc

They seemed to have fixed it...it did not matter what color your team was, the matches went on forever...in fact using a non all black team worked a little better as it took more hits to kill the pigs allowing more to get off at least one shot. Now it appears there is damage when they are killed, so all should be back the way it was intended. I am switching back to an all black team again to see if this works...

Cowboysfan likes this.