1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerfed rewards & trophies during Miffy event?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by A. Wolf, Mar 29, 2018.

1. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

Why does the game have us against players who's trophy score is 200+ less than my trophy score...getting merely 10 trophies in addition to 4-6? Sometimes I'll play 6 straight matches with opponents' trophy score less than mine each time to get 10-15 trophy points. My team strength is right at 45K but the pvp is based on our trophy score, not on team strength.

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

For the same reason you can play 6 straight matches against players who all had 200 or more trophies than you did and get 59 (+additional from clan perk) trophies per victory: the game is randomly selecting opponents for you from a subset of players with a similar score to your own, but there's a quite broad selection criteria for what constitutes "similar" (differences of thousands of trophies are possible, though that doesn't tend to happen unless you're at the extreme upper end of the curve; differences of multiple hundreds though are commonplace).

When each week begins, your pool of possible opponents is literally everyone, but as your score increases above the average, there are less and less players within the range the game selects against, and the odds that any of them have exactly as many trophies as you do diminishes as well, so you start seeing what you've encountered more often. The 1 player out there who has the most trophies literally cannot get more than 25 (plus perks) per victory until someone else takes their spot, because all of their possible opponents have less trophies than they do; what you're seeing is a mixture of the score distribution (more players with a lower score than a higher one within the ranges it's pulling opponents from) and/or just bad luck (since it is still random, just within a smaller non-random set).

OmSo73 likes this.
  3. Martin Smith

Martin Smith Hatchling

Great explanation Gildan.

4. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

Very well said Gildan!

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Why did they move this thread to the "off topic" section?