1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some quick advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I finally got QB and I'm slowly progressing to the 80th stage. I'm on stage 72 right now. My team consists of
    Bomb (thunderdome) P5
    Matilda (magnetize) P5
    Cenk Tosun (healing) P3
    Frost (king of winter) P3
    QB (Wide) level 80 evolved

My question is, should I use a P1 Theo Walcott to Level QB to 100. I don't have enough Evo mats or essence to prestige. And I don't have enough gold, birds, or material to level him to 100 without using Theo. I have two Theos, one of each, but the other is level 80 evolved and won't help me here. I prefer my P1 Theo to the lvl 80, but I'd hate to use a P1 5* to level another bird. Plus who knows when that event will swing around again.

Should I use the P1 Theo to level QB and POSSIBLY finish the event, or just try and do it without? (No I haven't hatched Lil Pecker either)

2. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Use level 51 4* birds to level up a 5 star fast. Use Theo for when his event comes back so you can get a head start.

3. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

I used a p3 byron and level 60 chuck (have 3 other chucks..p10..p9.. and p3) to level QB and got to level 76 but am stuck now. Dont regret at all what i used as it was my first qb .
    I dont have bomb thunderdome so you may have an advantage and get past where i am.

Not sure if im helping or not but if you will regret using your theo amd still not make level 80 the i wouldn't do it

4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I did this. I used 15 four* birds at level 51 thid event to get frost and him up this morning. I don't have enough mats to get 3-4 four* birds to 51.He is definitely an improvement over my Carson P6 (but unboosted this event and only had 6400 bird power vs QB at 20,000)

Thanks for the advice. If I can get to 80 I wont regret it, but idk if I will. I've been failing some of the stages several times before I progress. How much harder do they get from 72 until 80?

5. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

Hard.. very hard.

6. Melchid

Melchid Tiny Birdy

Don't waste your Theo. IT's a good bird (can be useful in future events), won't be available soon and -most important- there's no guarantee that you will pass level 80 with your QB at level 100

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Theo is a HORRIBLE bird so i wouldn't hesitate to use him as food. But, if you cant actually level up to prestige at 100, its probably a waste right now...

RNGesus likes this.
  8. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

Hes good because he can go through obsticles but hes pretty weak..
    Exactly

9. Melchid

Melchid Tiny Birdy

Yeah I mean his ability to go through obstacles would rock it in a future event with him boosted with 200% or 400%

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Yeah I think I wont use him based on yalls advice.

Mr. Anderson likes this.
  11. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I managed to get QB to 100 after it switched to red day. Unfortunately I cannot get past wave 5 on stage 77. With one hour to go, 3am in the states, Im calling it quits. Great event Rovio, and that's not sarcasm.

Mr. Anderson likes this.
  12. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, overall I think they did well with the new format. Master Birds was a nice touch too, since it means they can increase hatching odds during events and expand the hatching pool outside of events without diminishing the value of vanity birds. That's on top of being more fairer than the old elite birds system.

Hatch rates were really good too. I ended up with all 3 birds around 60 tickets total counting silvers and golds. Only downside was I didn't get to prestige GF, since Little Pecker dropped in the final 36 hours. GF is sitting at L100, Little Pecker is L75 and QB is L70. My bird collection has dramatically reduced as a result.

There's a only few I think they need to work on. The rate of energy drops needs to be levelled out a bit more, even tilted more to the higher levels of the first 50 levels, if they don't wan't to swap them out for gem or evo mat rewards. I thought it was pretty ridiculous getting to L45 in the first two hours of the event.

Some of the levels need a rework too. Those ones with the cross-shaped rock formation were especially bad for heavy-hitter pigs spawning in the middle of them, and being untouchable for the remainder of the match. Even swapping Matilda for Xenoflocker didn't help much on L73. Made it to the last wave in the final 15 minutes, managed to pull the big pig out out of the rock and kill him, only to have a small pig get sucked in and kill me a couple of turns later....

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Melchid likes this.
  13. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

They need to give us a way to save the event flock when the event is on. Unless we are playing for "Master Chuck" my regular flock just won't cut it too past lvl 40. By the time the event starts us arena experts usually start the arena / pvp also. Event flock that can deal with lvl 50+ usually won't work too well for PvP.

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Yes we absolutely need this. I don't know how many times I switched teams this event just to swap between PvP and event. I tried to do some PvP with my arena team but started to lose a few battles.

15. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I think I understand your concern, but I play PVP with my event team and almost never lose. When I do It is because I did something stupid. It does take longer because my event team is never as good as my best team, but normally just one more play

I guess I can see if you are grinding away in the arena and forget to reset your team. That being said if you forget you would forget to switch the team if you had a multiple team capability (A Team and B Team)

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  16. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I don't think they've figured out how to set Arena like Dungeons. You probably noticed how ridiculously easy arena was this week, with all the sub-100 birds on people's teams. If you were running a proper PVP team, you'd have seen crazy stuff like half an opponents health wiped out in the first turn. PVP uses the same instance based mechanic as PVP in the wild, with one exception - you can adjust your team with scouted PVP. So it's really easy to game it by clicking the flag with a really weak team to skew the matchmaker, use the team manager to put your regular team back in place and then farm some really low level team.

What happens is the pigs health and damage drops a bit to compensate, at best guess, I'd say it coms up with an average. Which is not good for the low level team when they're facing a high level 5 star team who can nuke the pigs with a shooter first turn. This also translates to a problem for Arena, since you could do similar tricks to tilt the odds more in your favour. That said, it's not live PVP, and it seems to be very rare to compete against the people in your league (at least until you get into the really high trophey brackets), so I don't really see how saving some time is going to change much.

17. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Yes, maybe this past week the birds in the event were good enough to use in PvP. But look at next week's boosted birds. Are you saying that you can easily win all or most arena battles with garbage birds like Geraldine and El Jefe? I know that I won't be able to. Having the ability to set arena and event teams is incredibly important and useful. Plus, if they ever bring back arena color rules, having a second team would be extremely important there as well.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I think this was just a lucky week for you.
    My hatch rates (12x, 19x, 11x & 13x with no 4th bird at the end) were a tad worse than my average of 12x.
    Also, many of my clan had horrible hatches.

19. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Not sure how long you have played but I have two Matilda’s at PS level 7 and 4. So yes those two can clean the board every time

I get your point but it would not be my first fix in the arena

20. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

A team of 4 Chucks and 1 Matilda will clean up PvP before enemy's 4th move most of the time.