1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new difficulty level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Even Insane is not enough for some of us with very powerful flocks in main and dungeon team. Can we have 1 more difficulty level where the pigs power will always match that of the flock I use once my flock has gone beyond 30,000? I do expect the rewards will increase accordingly.

Just to clarify: This new ridiculous level will only be available in scout location after your flock is beyond 30,000 in strength. AND pig power level is also reached the current maximum of 30,000. For dungeons it will be available if your dungeon team is more powerful than the Insane pig power.

That way you cannot exploit the game like "Witkacy" mentioned below.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  2. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Buttstomp :)

No, you CAN'T...
    1. They've already EXPANDED the levels at the dungeons QUITE RECENTLY... So I guess they won't be messin' with this again pretty soon...
    2. The pigs power ALWAYS matching power of your birds and the increased rewards? YES! YES! YES!, please... So I could be pick some of my birds to LOWER pigs power and be the same as my tiny birdies one... (should work according to what you wish), right? But my birdies would have pretty much maxed super shots... Would be fun, right?? :D
    3. The third reason is quite mundane - it's hard to pick something HARDER than INSANE not using stuff like MORE, MOST MEGA, HUGE, which could be just lame...

Cheers,

W

EDIT:

4. I don't know how it's about at you - yet for me it goes like this: When I DO start my PvP league and I DO PLAY a lot... (around 2-3k daily points depended of how much time I wish to waste and so my mood)... So after a WHILE being FULL with keys and so full with ESSENCE... All the time having LOCKED all of them due to silly number of essence being set as the cap... So... I am getting the LOT of keys - I have to use them all the time to avoid overcapping, when I do USE them - I am getting essence overcapped, yet still use those keys, to decrease their number - yet for sure some part of my rewards are being WASTED permanently...
    And you are asking to increase the rewards?!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  3. WilsonTheRedBird

WilsonTheRedBird Tiny Birdy

We still need a new difficulty for scout battles

4. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio have been known to change the rules as they see fit. Not sure how long have you been playing but silver tickets used to grow on trees literally until the original Terence event last fall. You used to get 2 lives in Major Pecker Daily Challenge. MPDC used to be locked away from the newer players until 2 updates ago. Buffs and Nerfs for this game and other games I play are always at the discretion of the game company. The current game is not challenging enough for those who have very strong flocks that are beyond 30,000 in power level. I am 36K in power and I beat all those 40k+ opponents in PvP, maybe we need a live PvP.

Angry Birds 2 started great until they start putting levels and hats in the arena. Along with unlimited hording the game degenerates to runaway inflation that haven't end ever since. Various cheats and exploits not helping, those were plugged over time. Now all Rovio can do for AB2 is to give out more rewards, essentially printing more $$ to feed the system.

5. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Maybe we can have the new difficulty called "Extreme"
    Pig power caps at 45000
    Gold: 125 (200 for bosses)
    EvoMat: 25 (60 for bosses)
    Event Rewards: 25 (35 for bosses)
    Xp: 150 (200 for bosses)
    Premium chests, 3* birds in regular eggs, and super eggs appear more often in this mode.

WilsonTheRedBird likes this.
  6. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I was thinking to make this game a bit more challenging without doing to much to change the current layout like adding another layer of difficulty. Perhaps a few tweaks could help challenge us all:

1. Only allowed to have one of each bird on the team at one time. Thus, no 2-5 Chucks on the same team
    2. Each bird has a cool-down period (10 minutes?~20 minutes?~30 minutes?). Thus, you would have to be strategic in which birds you use at a time.
    3. PVP be random birds in your collection to match the actual strength of the opposing team .... optional giving more resources. Again only one bird type on each team.
    (So no cheating of having only 5 Carson or 5 Chucks or 5 etc... in your total team)

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

How would 5 Carson be cheating? He has huge AOE but is weak in health & power.
    He's only good til you have a higher power level team...

I could see a totally new challenge that forces one of each color but changing that in the current Arena format would be unfair for those who have beefed up their team based on the current system.
    I'd like to see an actual live PVP challenge that takes more than 2 or 3 turns to win. More strategy would be required & they could have the AI take over if you wait more than 10 seconds to shoot.

8. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

5 Carson is not cheating. What I was offering that there could be an option in PvP to do a random battle to achieve higher rewards (not likely to happen). So stay with me as i try to explain this option.

- If birds in PvP was totally random and I wanted to maximize my chances to win I would only hold 25 quality birds (4-5*)...5 of each color
    - I would want as many of the best birds as possible...5 Carson, 5 QB, 5 Matilda, and/or 5 Chucks
    - Until I had enough 5* birds I could use as many 5* and the best 4*. In my case I had two-three carson before I had five 5* birds. Thus, I would have 3xCarson, Chuck and Dr P. Decent team last July

Under my proposal this option would not be allowed. Not sure what happened to you starting out, but i remember before I had a great team I often went up against players with 2-3 Chucks and was destroyed until I got decent. If the AI was better and didn't play drunk I would have never won.

Basically, I am puling at straws. I really like the potential of this game, but I am max'd out and other than getting a new bird I have nothing to play for. Soon I will me max'd in evo material

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I get all that, I'm just not sure why you sited Carson as so great. Like I said, he's very good early on but not late in the game...
    In fact, my early team did have 2 Carson's because I got them & Eddie right away.

10. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Newer players working their way through the PvP ladder tend to run into a lot of teams with a Carson that just kills them outright on the 2nd shot, so I can understand why they might be inclined to disproportionately fear them. As you point out, the reality is that including him makes your team notably weaker, once you've advanced to the point where you're on a (mostly) level playing field with the rest of your typical opponents.

11. Epic Buttstomp

Extreme is meant for hardcore players like me who claim my flock can beat all it will face. There pig power should be the higher value of [my flock power] or [storyline driven power of before last update]. Make it tough enough that I can never use Quick Play. Make it tough so us veteran players will have to think on how we can get out of this mess. Not every map but some should be have enough boulder to deflect shots, gates, force fields, directional pads, etc. Give us hell to work for the premium chests.

WilsonTheRedBird likes this.
  12. Kenv47

Kenv47 Hatchling

Rovio is not going to make the game too hard or they run the risk of driving away the casual paying players. Most who pay cash don’t want to beat their brains out to play the game. Also, Rovio doesn’t give 2 sh**s about free to play players. They don’t make them any money.

13. Epic Buttstomp

Some of us pay Rovio $$ to buy packages, can we get the harder mode then? Most of the players will end up with a flock of 5 5-stars all prestige and that flock will beat all those who stand in front of them. They get bored and they will download another game.