1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPDC Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

They added some new tiers to the skill and level up challenge. I haven't played them yet but it seems they require certain birds, I'm guessing 4*+ only and 5*+ supernatural. Anyone play these yet? What's the conditions mean?

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

yes, it is explained if you tap on the requirements.

Mine required an all Blue team & an all Tall team.

3. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yes, just like Wolf says. All blue and all tall birds for L9. L11 is current all villians and all supernatural. Be interesting to see if it changes week to week.

4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Interesting. How many tall blue birds are there? I've got one trey at lvl 100 but that's it. If it changes week to week it could be a good mechanic.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Would only matter if you chose not to instant win a finished floor.

Not Tall Blue birds. Tall for one & Blue for another...

6. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Now I need to bring out my other teams that I have in my collection.

7. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Sorry, I should have been clearer about the tall for Level Up and blue for Skill Challenges. Fortunately, Wolf has caught that one. I did end up having to use Trey in the Tall challenge, due to a lack of high level Tall birds in my inventory. From what I have it goes -

5* - Lady Bacon, Xenoflocker
    4* - Zain, Jacquie, Trey, Paige (also a blue bird)

LB's 'Wuthering Heights' leader skill boosts all tall birds attack by 30%, so it made sense to drop her into the leader slot.

I have no idea how I'm going to approach L11 for either challenge, though. I don't have any 5* villians; Matilda and Birdistanio 'Boom Shot' are my only 5* supernaturals. So I'm really hoping that it does change at least weekly, otherwise I'm going to be stuck on L10 for a very long time.

8. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Did you not score Cenk and evolve him to Oni's Rage? If you did, that Evo is Bird Villain. Terrence and Dr. P are also BVs. I'm assuming you known your birds far better than I but maybe you forget about these 3.

9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

No. I blew a heap of gold and silver tickets in the Everten event and got nothing except common Kowalskis and El Jeffes. Similar story with the last Probotnik event, though I might have hatched a 5* in that one (edit: Last event with Probotnik was the Xenoflocker one, so there's my 5*). As for Terrence, I went with Sumo Headbutt. That was a while ago, though. Haven't got another Terrance since then. I suppose I might get very lucky and hatch 5 Li'l Peckers. Mind you, if that happens, that will be the day I know I should have played the lottery instead :D

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I blew through 7 Goldens, 27 silver and 2700 gems to get Cenk. I got two theos before I got him on the last day. I've been building my reserves up since then. No event birds since Everton due to crappy odds. Hit 22x+ and no birds during the last two or 3 events. I think I did manage to get another chuck during his event though but that was unusual. Too bad we can't trade. I'd give you my Terrence for one of your five Peckers :p

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It'd be a case of "I'd gladly give you a Pecker on Tuesday, for a Terrence today" ;)

12. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I was unable to put together a feildable blue team (only had 3 prestige blue birds and don't think it would serve me well to play 2 lvl40 4* birds), so I actually need to do some team building if I want to continue, unless the requirements rotate...the plot thickens!!

13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It's worth giving it a try. They've changed it so you only lose a handgrenade if you win, which means unlimited tries. My Tall birds run had two 5* (P3 Xeno, L95 LB), and the rest were 4* (L70 Zain, L64 Jacquie, L60 Trey), and my Blue Birds team was 3 5* (L100 Murphy, L92 Birdstanio, L65 Birdstanio) and 2 4* (L70 Ron, L60 Trey). I got through the Tall birds first go, and Blue Birds on the secon attempt.

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

That's a good little nugget of intel.

Maybe they are listening to our complaints about how boring MPDC has become (a little bit). Instead of adding "color" teams to the arena, now they are doing it to MPDC instead. Too bad there's no live PvP challenge yet.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I just wish they had added these challenges in addition to the old one, rather than replace it.
    IT WAS one of the only semi challenging aspects of the game.

16. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It's right down the bottom of the patch notes, along with the rest of the MPDC stuff -
    • We’ll catch that grenade for ya: No more losing a grenade when you lose a challenge. You can now try again with a better team or play the last challenge you won.
    https://angrybirdsevolution.rovio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001060727-Version-1-23-is-out-
    I remember arena colour teams. It would have been ok, except for all the colour affinity pigs. Black week was the worst for me, since I didn't have any black birds at the time. Maybe its for the best that they move them to MPDC.

17. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Arena rules concept was started wrong. Red + Blue are the worst color when we can use 1 color only, and yet Rovio started arena rules with Red only. Also a arena "dream team" can complete matches way faster than a rainbow or red color team, it can outpace whatever bonus points a rule abiding team can get. Red teams tend to take their time slowly killing the enemy. A pure yellow especially or even white team can eat up the opposing team fast.

They can leave out the colour affinity pigs but until they make the arrangement to force the "Rules abiding" team into their own leagues and the rule breakers to either have their own separate leagues or cannot play that week; arena rules are not worth my trouble in most cases given you have to be in top 5 to get worthwhile rewards.

For that rules idea to be worthwhile even in MPDC, please allow me to save presets for my teams. Also make the requirement random every day. Otherwise not much incentives to change team once we reach the top level.

18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

What's the point in having a preset team if the requirements change daily?