1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miffy or Annie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheese, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Cheese

Cheese Hatchling

Hi there.
    Need some advice. I've got both Annie and Miffy and I'm wondering which of them is better.
    I got a team of all 5 star birds: Cyril, Fire Rooster, Bomb, Dr.Pro and Annie.
    If Annie is better than Miffy she'll stay on the team but perhaps Miffy is a better choice than Bomb or Dr.Pro?

Thoughts and tips are really appreciated.

2. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Miffy are Annie are equally good in general but Annie is better with Claude as the leader and Miffy is better for her leader ability.

Cheese likes this.
  3. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

Matilda

4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Miffy has either a shot spread that's larger than Annie's (Chain Lightning) or seemingly even smaller but actually quite a bit bigger in a way that is not immediately obvious (Crossfire, which has deceptively low numbers because it fires 3 times, and pulls pigs in). She is also better than all the other birds you just listed, because most of those aren't actually very good, at least in the Arena (Annie is great, she just has a narrow beam).

Cyril is tied with Billy the Blitz for the worst 5 star Yellow bird in the game - he does improve if you have the World Famous leadership skill active and there are enough fans present (and he can be fired in a useful way that hits them), but he's on a 3 SS timer - matches are going to be over most of the time before he'd even get to fire. If he's not set as your leader he is unambiguously the worst bird on your team.

Fire Rooster is probably the 2nd best 5 star Red bird in terms of clearing pigs with their super shots (distantly behind Angry Santa, who is unreliable but at least capable of killing all the pigs in the arena when they're undamaged to begin with), but none of the Red birds are actually very good in PvP apart from Claude, and Claude's only good when set as the leader (his skill only ever reliably kills 1 pig). You are very unlikely to kill more than 2 pigs if none of them were previously damaged, but at least he can.

Bomb and Dr. P are fine, they just have small AoE ranges and relatively low damage compared to other options - if you're going to replace anyone with Miffy, I would switch out one of these two, but not because they're worse than Cyril or the Rooster (they are arguably both better), but because of how Miffy's leadership skill works; you have 4 colors on your team now so cutting 1 of the 2 Black birds for Miffy would net you a +36% damage bonus from her leadership skill. I would however be on the lookout for better Yellow, Red, or Blue birds to swap out Rooster and Cyril for in the future (Grandfather Frost and Chuck for instance, though getting both in this event isn't especially likely).

Cheese likes this.
  5. gazou208

gazou208 Hatchling

IMG_20180329_184425.jpg
    Ou
    IMG_20180330_212216.jpg
    ?

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Team 1 hands down because you have Matilda... I would probably use Eddie or Miffy instead of the Blue Annie though.

Or, you could use team 2 with Matilda instead of Claude...

7. gazou208

gazou208 Hatchling

Annie blue/White + Claude is the must for heal!!

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

? Do you get a heal bonus for having both Annies?

9. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

They both deal critical damage, so they always heal with Claude.

I am running with group two for fun right now. I haven’t had any issues in the Arena or clearing MPDC, but I also still have something close to your group one to fall back on if I actually ever need the healing (which I doubt I ever will). Currently debating on whether to level up an Angry Santa or not to replace Claude, and to prestige an Angromedon or not to replace HM Annie.

So all in all, take group two for spin and see how you like it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  10. gazou208

gazou208 Hatchling

Yep dosetsu. Blue Annie have critical from front.
    Sorry i am french!

11. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

12. Cheese

Cheese Hatchling

Thanks for that lengthy explanation Gildan!
    I really appreciate it

13. Cheese

Cheese Hatchling

I was lucky and got Frost too.
    So I'm thinking replace Dr with Miffy and Cyril with Frost
    Put Miffy as leader and I will get a good damage boost .
    Sounds like a good plan?

14. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Nice, that does indeed sound like a good plan - even if you (for some reason) wound up not using Miffy, switching Frost onto the team would still be a good idea because he has a 1SS timer (once he's leveled up), which is something your original line-up was lacking. You don't necessarily need multiple birds on the team with a 1SS timer (some of them are vastly more powerful than others), but having at least one is going to be very helpful because it means you'll only need to fire 1 shot in any given match that isn't using a Super Shot (ie, the very first shot you fire).

Chuck is pretty unambiguously the best 1SS bird, but Frost is certainly not the worst of the 5-star 1SS lot (that "honor" belongs to Thrash, who you may see referred to on the forums as "Trash" most of the time), so I would definitely recommend getting him battle ready.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Cheese likes this.
  15. Cheese

Cheese Hatchling

I'm pretty new to the game (lvl 59) so I don't know what to aim for yet (which is why I really appreciate people taking their time to explain )

What are the must have birds would you say?

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

IMHO, for PVP matches...
    CHUCK
    MATILDA
    QB (wide evo)
    CLAUDE (as leader, though some would argue for MIFFY)
    The last one could be almost any 5* bird you like or happen to have for health filler.

Chuck & Matilda are pretty much widely considered the 2 best birds.
    Also, Claude is pretty hard to get unless they happen to do a Claude event sometime soon.

17. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Coreflock.png

This is what you need. I am looking for the 2nd Matilda and she will replace Dr P in PvP. Dr P needs to stay for MPDC to hold down the boss pig in the higher levels.

18. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Wow, nice. good boy. great job. You did good.

Now go away or comment based on threads topic

Cheese likes this.
  19. Funperson

Funperson Tiny Birdy

I got Miffy and so far only tried her in dungeon. I really like her there. Her rank is still too low to put her on my team. I rely on Matilda & Eddie too much. I like thrash better then Frost, but recently replaced him with Chuck. The rooster is great in dungeon, don't know about arena. Not high enough to put him on my team, since all are p5

Cheese likes this.
  20. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

At level 80 she's already good. By having lower team power you decrease pigs' health. So they become easier to kill for you and your opponent also