1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum Silvers Addition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie14, Feb 19, 2019.

?

Who would like Maximum Silvers Extended?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    92.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Rando

Rando Super Cool Bird

Wazzzuppp....3x silver tickets and gold tickets(now event personal highest reward:eek:) in the scout battles!!!...are you kidding me?!?!...certainly good old days...i never would have dreamt that big of a nerf starting a month back...
    This is the case with many greedy profit-making corporations unfortunately...
    Many are built on good products which attracts players and then ruin themselves and the game by self motives...
    Let's have each others back and enjoy the game while it's still playable to an extent...:):)

Clown Von Shoes and Annie14 like this.
  2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

but how would we store those 3x scout tickets?... LOL

Annie14 and Rando like this.
  3. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Tiny Birdy

Well said Greg, your 90s are showing btw :) (And thank you for your service you alluded to in another thread)

I for one find if I grind all the daily battles, do my daily tasks (eagle mountain and MP) there is enough silvers to get by.

Letting as many go to my mailbox as I can to extend their shelf life is key for my personal goals. I don’t need every new shiny bird (that one with the pig in bird skin was one, the Maiden another) so I can hoard or not depending on my mood. Plus I’m lucky to be in a clan that’s gets all the event rewards every week. That’s a bunch of tickets right there.

Greg Nixon, Rando, Redwing and 2 others like this.
  4. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

Whew... My goodness:rolleyes:
    I just wanted to know that it wasn't just me who wanted extended silver ticket slots... Hehe:D
    BTW... I've been playing loyally since June '17...I'm an abe old timer. I've been playing angry birds (and it's fledglings) since it's inception. I even have ab pajamas hahaha!

I don't pay to play and my clan hates me (in a good way) because I'm very lucky and get event birds immediately due to my incessant hoarding hehe.

I am having a fun time mostly because I don't stress over the ridiculous updates...thus I'm not quitting.
    The good ole days were awesome but life goes on... So you either stress and complain or keep on keepin' on with the birdies.

I post suggestions and polls only here on Forum specifically as not to give Rovio any silly ideas... I know they nerf all things fabulous....I'm not and employee:p... I'm A New Yorker hahaha;)
    Thank you Rando for being such a gentleman:)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    A. Wolf, Nyk, triller11 and 3 others like this.
  5. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Tiny Birdy

Succinct and on point!

I’ve been a naysayer for sure but I’m not about to quit either. I will try to do better to shut up and color :D

Annie14 likes this.
  6. Nyk

Nyk Motherflocker

All,

It's not my intent to be rude or disrespectful to anyone here. Annie, if my post came across as an insult, I apologize. I could have been a lot more tactful.

Rovio does have a well known habit of "implementing changes" that wind up making the game worse. There's nothing wrong with that, but this game is, in my opinion, a shell of what it once used to be. As most if you know, I don't actively play anymore because I am frustrated with how Rovio treats its players and the lack of new content. Every "good" thing they have done to improve the game has always had an ulterior motive against the players. Even them bringing back the pirate events was changed to drive profit at the expense of player experience.

It's not that I don't want an expanded ticket storage, its that how Rovio implements that change will likely make the game worse than better. Sure, your quality of life will increase at first when your scout tickets don't disappear, but the drop rates will decrease and your ability to hatch the event birds will go down as well. Who knows what else they will change including the ability to store event tickets for 14 days (13 days 23 hours 59 min 59 sec). Sure, with an uodate now you can store 50 silvers and 20 goldens, but that's a pittance compared to how many you can store now. Even now, Rovio has already begun decreasing the silver ticket drops from EM without saying anything, And they didn't even update the game to do that.

If the point of increasing the storage is to make life better so you can hatch more event birds, there are enough strategies out there to let you store a ton of tickets at once. Are they annoying and cumbersome at times, yes, but so was the old UI. The only reason they patched the new one was because people were quitting the game left and right. It's not about how many people complain and submit support tickets, it's about how many people quit because of a problem.

All I'm trying to say is becareful what you ask for. You may not like the result.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  7. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

Wow i leave for 12 hrs and the place ends up like the wild west..
    Thanks god someone is being sane ;)
    If you would like to know the full extent of the good ol' days have a look at the really old posts on here, many fabulous features have been lost since then lol, also for your interest might be how Chuck & Matilda were ORIGINALLY intended to be before all the nerfs.

Back to the original post.. as greg said, it took us a LONG time to get that inventory increase, well over a year in fact, it didnt magically appear after a few polls and there has been no indication it will ever increase again even after the latest forum and flocker polls. Also the beware of what you wish for is always in play with Rovio. The most recent example- we wanted to multi sell birds and we got it.. with a HORRIFIC inventory UI thrown it.. but it is what we asked for.. isnt it..?? o_O:rolleyes:

Lastly the idea that we need to constantly complain and Rovio will listen.. no.. no they wont.. they listen when players quit and their profits go down. If they actually did listen when players complained then the game would look and play very different to what we have now.. and IMO possibly not to the better considering some of the SHOCKING complaints and requests ive read on flockers.

Also on the complaing note..if this place increases in complaints any higher it will be to flocker level and im sure none of us want that..

Greg Nixon, Annie14, A. Wolf and 2 others like this.
  8. Rando

Rando Super Cool Bird

You all motherflockers are motherflockers for a reason...appreciate it!!! :)
    My point was just not to imply any person being a Rovio employee (thats a big insult as it gets here :D:D)...and point out pros/cons and encourage players as you all do...and not let this game get the better of you old timer, motherflockin' super cool birds...lol

Greg Nixon, Annie14 and A. Wolf like this.
  9. Rando

Rando Super Cool Bird

Roger that motherlockin' cheif...:D:D

Annie14 likes this.
  10. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Yep we earned our dirty, dusty, ruffled up motherflocking feathers lol

And @Tigerangels42038 calling me sane... dems fightin' words, meet me in the arena after school bwahahahaha

Annie14, A. Wolf and Rando like this.
  11. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I'll make sure that doesn't happen, but if I'm not online then please report people who are being rude and I'll deal with it the next time I come online.

Greg Nixon, Nyk and Rando like this.
  12. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

We got ya covered Remix! Frustrations will flare, and complaints will come, just need everyone to remember constructive criticism tends to work better.

I mean "can't we all just get along", I know "I'd like to teach the world to sing", so "why can't we be friends".

There now you all have some songs to hum along to for the rest of the day lol.

Annie14 and Rando like this.
  13. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

Being a long long time AB2 player I can tell you what can happen if unlimited hording is allowed!!! I am still benefiting from that in AB2.

Annie14 likes this.
  14. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

Just goes to show how off track things had gotten if i deemed you sane ;)
    Your jedi mind trick wont work on me.. I dont know those American songs :D:p

15. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

But you can Google them, you know you want to

Annie14 likes this.
  16. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

Awww... I know 'nerds speak' and I don't get offended that easily. Hehehe:p
    But thank you;)
    I actually didn't think our train derailed that much... I saw it as experienced players not wanting to give Rovio another reason to unlock a rail car and try to derail us... Again.
    I will post my opinions and am open to everybody's also but I don't get offended, it's just a game:)
    In other news... I miss beach brawls (gems)
    ;):rolleyes:

Rando and Nyk like this.
  17. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

And, yet AB2 is still their biggest earning game. Apart from attracting a different type of player and being a somewhat different type of game, maybe there is something to be said for uncapping everything and forcing the plebs to buy potions and other power-ups just to be slightly competitive with the established players. It's a model that works in Clash-of-Clans type games, where the lower levels are merely resource farms for the top clans on each server. I haven't played AB2, but it couldn't be as bad as those clan games where days or weeks of grinding gets wiped out in matter of seconds and you never recover.

18. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

I have been with AB2 since the beginning. You could and still can horde unlimited of everything from arena tickets, spells, black pearl, and gems. Some items are harder to come by. With the epic runaway inflation along with exploits that got fixed eventually the long time players have plenty of everything. New players cannot compete for too long especially in clan events. You cannot win arena unless you bring spells into the match, it wasn't that way before about 3 yrs ago. For clans people will pay $$ to buy stuff to share. I am surprised people want to pay them.

19. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Taps into the same centres that winning in gambling, or opening a blind bag does. It's addictive, and like most other things that reward the brain with endorphines or other chemicals that ellict good feelings, people will pay if they think it will get that win. Local currency conversion and the ability to rationally evaluate what's on offer helps with resistance.

Take the latest daily deal in ABE, for instance, $17.99 in my currency (which is close enough to $20 for me). 50 less gems and a few dollars more expensive than the 550 gem deal and, apart from the silver tickets, is padded with things that are easily obtained in game, albiet in greater quantity. To me, that isn't a good deal for many reasons, some financial, some to do with the price point being well above the nearest equivilant gem deal. However, somebody younger, perhaps someone who doesn't have to live with the consequnces of charging it to a credit card or phone bill, might only see it as a chance to improve the chnces of hatching an event bird with more silver tickets immediately and the possibility to win more by progressing further in EM.

Nyk likes this.