1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matilda event placeholder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Unless there is a twist that we cannot see yet it looks like we have Matilda (+400%), 5-stars Owlpheus (+200%), Master Lucha Libre (+999%). For many of us we got the Master Lucha Libre from a previous events few months ago. Unless you are very new you should have at least 1 Matilda already.

We have no idea what Rovio can do this week in a white event in terms of crazy setups and obstacles. Non-yellow forcefields maybe....

I think this thread will have more bragging posts showing the ridiculous teams we are using for this event. And before someone asks, the better evo for Matilda is Magnetize.

2. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Tiny Birdy

I’m stupid I didn’t look close enough to realize Dedswine was 100% buff for the Master, not the regular I just moved up to P levels. It’s standing by at P3 but I’m going with Hot Grease instead to start along with Lil Pecker, two Matilda’s (one Master) and Master Luche. All those minimum P5. Only bad thing is I’m at 25 silvers guess I will try for a 3rd Matilda just spending enough to not lose them.

Braggy enough? :D

3. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Expect excavation event layouts, three post blocking leader, gates of hell, force field fences, no reason for them to vary from that.

4. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

None of them stop white though.

5. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

C96D97C5-317A-4350-896E-E4ADFA048E4B.jpeg I will have Matilda p6 ss9, 2 HG p6 ss9, Master Deadswine p5, and maybe a Pecker p5 or Fringy p5 ss8.
    Do u think I can get Master Matilda without hatching?

6. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Correct, but if a crowd control bird ends up being needed the gates of hell can be closed as easily as they are opened, which will require a bit of strategy and proper placement. And realistically the fact that no layout is going to affect a white supershot that's all the more reason they likely wouldn't change them. The pigs themselves will have personal shields most likely that dampen anything other than white, and there will be that wonderful big pig bubble to get in the way at times. But still a standard excavation event and if they do change it up I'll be surprised.

7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I know Matilda SS will blow apart those ice cubes containing pigs in the dungeons the wave battles. Owlpheus won't or either evo. Not sure about Lucha Libre.

Rovio may go for some of these super evil tactics:
    1. Very powerful boss pigs that may not die in 1 hit even if you can hit their backs.
    2. Force fields and affinity that are against white.
    3. Pigs that can do nearly 200K of damage by 3rd move. We have seen those before and GF Frost is the only answer most of the time. Super powerful teams will survive and fight back.

8. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Yeah but that would mean they have to so work versus just flipping a switch lol

9. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Super Cool Bird

Sooo... bieng the smarty pants i am i have been leveling up 4 stars in anticipation of needing them as we have of late that way i can rebuild evos and essence and not need to evolve a 4 star and 5 star during the event. Have a nice 4 star owlpheus up to 80... blah. Will teach me to try and anticipate rovio.

Still.. like this set up much better than needing the 4 star first. Dare i say .. well.done rovio?

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

this is a better way to do it IF you need a Matilda. And, i prefer the 4* upgrades not getting their own event like Zain did until AFTER we may already have a 5* version to use.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Looks like i can be above 300k power if i want to be for this one

12. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

You too huh lol, might have a record finish time with this one

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

idk, i never lost in the 5* Carson event if i recall.
    And, they seem to be either adding in a lot of new glitches on purpose with each event or they refuse to fix them quickly (or at all) like they used to...

14. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

Lol

15. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

They are more disengaged now than they have been, and like I said before I think they reskinned birds were done just to buy them some down time.

16. Buds

Buds Motherflocker

Owlpheus is very different in this event.

Y'know, the exact same leader skill, description and name
    Great job!

... C'mon, at least have a name-change of all things to make sure you can tell the differences.

17. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Super Cool Bird

4 stars should never be a needed event hatch... EVER. The carson event was great for nostalgia purposes for longer time players and a decent bird in general for new players but carson is a one off 4 star. Zain is a close second in a justifiable 4 star reskin but no other 4 stars are worth the reskin and no 4 star bird thats given free throughout should be a silver ticket hatching bird for events.
    I really hope this signifies the end of needing to hatch a 4 star for an event.

feffe, Rio Seven, Nyk and 1 other person like this.
  18. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Well there are still a number of others to come so they'll either appear in this type of event, or one like Carson/zain

19. Buds

Buds Motherflocker

I'm hoping there's going to be mostly clear area this event.
    I do want my first Matilda... I'm sick of this being my fourth Matilda Excavation event and not actually getting her.

20. Norsim

Norsim Tiny Birdy

For sure on the personal record front, I’ve hit 300,000 before but I think I’ll blow myself (no pun totally intended) out of the water on this one! Especially cause of not having to level anything up including SS and prestige. I think this is the first time that from start to finish, I’ll just be able to play. I’m sure there’s a few here that Will be in the same position.

For those that aren’t, Good Luck on this event!