1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Managing "friends" for power gaming Daily Gifts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wintermute, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

As I accumulated "friends" in my quest for "Daily Gifts", I noticed that some were not giving back, and the number after their name was because of my gifts to them and not vice versa. I am an active player and I gift my daily allowance, plus another 20-60 daily in dungeon "gifts" to everyone on my friends list. I do not think its fair for people to get a free ride...
    To eliminate parasites, I made a spreadsheet and managed it for a week (20 minutes to make, and 5-8 minutes a day to manage). I quickly saw who my top contributors are - people who are active and hit dungeons generating same as I do and giving me points, plus people who actually give me friendship points to grow the daily amount. The top 10 percent gave me 50 percent gifts, the bottom 40 percent gave me zero. Removing parasites, and filling in with more active people I more than tripled my weekly point intake.
    Of course adding active clan members is an obvious choice as well, but for someone who is new to the game and just joined a clan, this is a good way to min/max their Daily Gifts.
    Also, keep in mind some people are only active on weekends, so run this for longer than a week to see a pattern, but some choices become really obvious immediately...

Hope this helps :)
    (/\)inter(\/)ute

Bwango likes this.
  2. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

At this point I have so many hearts coming in I just give my top five the gifts

3. Vivek 007

Vivek 007 Tiny Birdy

I just remove friends who have not been active in a long time

esor and Wintermute like this.
  4. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

that works, but the problem is there are some who play but dont contribute, but yeah once the list is tuned, just keep an eye for stragglers