1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucha-Pecka-Libre event birds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsk96m, Oct 1, 2018.

1. dsk96m

dsk96m Hatchling

What are the name of the birds for this event, the 400% buff one in particular. I wish we could tap on them and get the bird info or at least list them somewhere.

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Russian blog listed elsewhere in this forum have some pics of the event screen. In Russian of course.

3. Kimo

Kimo Hatchling

The 400% is Lucha Libre followed by Geraldine then el Jefe.
    If you want to see the birds, click on the bird below the 'buffs' section. They are the same as the event birds.

4. Epic Buttstomp

FYI. Geraldine has been a regular 5-stars since the beginning. It is garbage even for red color. El-Jefe is essentially El-Gigante (4-stars), I have him since El-Jefe has his own event earlier this year. Not sure how good Lucha Pecka Libre will be but its 400% boost may help in the high event levels.

My advice if you plan to do hatching. Hatch "Lucha Pecka Libre" and stop immediately. Other than event boost factor, QB and Chuck are better then El-Jefe. Save up for Carson event.

5. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

This stinks!! I get Geraldine occasionally, and even go about leveling her up, but as soon as I am trying to push a bird up quickly she is food...NOW it turns out I can actually use her...lol

6. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Hatchling

I’m going to be using the “a little different” buffs for the most part. Claude will be leader two Matilda’s and a Chuck maybe Dr P or Frost for the 5th bird.

7. Epic Buttstomp

El-Jefe (P3) will be in the lineup. 2 Matilda + Lil Pecker + Frost likely. All depends on the setups after lvl 50. Crowd Control seems to be the key with these super wave battles.

I may try to go for the Master bird before hatching. Not sure yet.

8. dsk96m

dsk96m Hatchling

Yea. I got to lvl 79 in last event, just couldn't get passed it and time ran out. So you have to hatch the event bird to get the 400, that seems sucky. I was up to 20x in last event and didnt get an event bird

9. Epic Buttstomp

Its all depend on what you have right now and the setup of event levels 50-80. The team power is the health you will get. More could be better but if your flock is weak offensively then nothing is enough.

The "running out of time" thing. This is my advice. You look like you can get to lvl 50 with ease. Keep going if you want but once you get stuck, stop going forward. Go 1 level down and use Quick Play to finish up the personal part of the event. With all the energy rewards (assume your clan can get to 250 energy reward) and the regeneration you should be able to get over 10K. Pay some gems if you want to speed things up. Once that is done start pushing past the level you are stuck at. My son managed to get to lvl 79 fairly quickly but couldn't get lvl 80. It took many tries even with my help to get thru that.

liontooz1 and dsk96m like this.
  10. dsk96m

dsk96m Hatchling

Oh I made sure to get all the rewards by doing quick play. That was easy. Yea, 79 gave me issues. Looks like people have different setups for those levels though. Not the same for everyone.

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

It would be nice if everyone could get the same boss level. Nothing like getting the 'Gates of Hell' setup in the last 3 levels to greatly reduce your chances of completing the event.
    After the last 2 events, I'm not going to push hard for awhile. These events just suck already limited resources from you faster than you can earn them. Master birds aren't required to win in PVP and, apart from 5* Carson , none of the new birds look like they'll be replacing old staples like Chuck, Claude and Matilda. Even then, that's only if you're running 4* Carson or really like the guy. People who've been doing fine up until now are really only getting 5 gems for the effort.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    dsk96m likes this.
  12. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Chuck's "Trial by Fire" evolution falls under the category of "A Little Different" too.
    Luckily, I just evolved my second Chuck under that evolution last night, so that's good.

13. Epic Buttstomp

Trial by Fire is the better more reliable evolution for Chuck. I have 4 Chucks and 3 of them have that.

14. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Not sure that statement holds up much when there is literally Master Matilda, who will almost certainly be replacing 100% of existing Matildas for every player with the option to use her (maybe not right away, but eventually once level disparity is removed).

15. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Maybe. But if the Prestiged Master Peckers I've encountered are anything to go by, a master bird is more of a vanity item at this stage. Once they bring out master versions of the other members of the PVP dream team, everyone will be upgrading. But, it's not really like they'll be swapping out Matilda, Chuck, Claude, etc..., for totally diferent birds. Still the same team, just a bit stronger.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I think you 2 just said the exact same thing... just differently. LOL

17. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Cross your fingers and pray to RNGesus that you don't get too many of the levels designed to specifically screw with yellow, red and blue birds.

Some other 'A little bit different' birds for those looking to build a team-

Lady Bacon: Irrestible Rush. Can be a bit of a liabilty for other yellow birds on the team due to her aura being bugged, but she does reduce pig damage by 50% for one turn. This can be the difference between getting one-shot by a pig, or being able to survive, recover and kill it.

Claude: Strong Karate Chop. Claude's leader ability is critical hits deal +35% damage and critical hits heal the team +6% of the damage dealt. Handy, since it's free healing if you put him in the leader slot.

I think one of El Jeffe's evolution's might also have this tag.

18. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, it really comes down to splitting hairs over what constitutes a 'new bird'. We're both right about an old bird with a new label.

19. Lars

Lars Hatchling

I made it with 3 mathildas, frost and lil pecker. Frosts ability to turn the pigs around is again extremly strong despite He is Not buffed. And also lil peckers stun saved a few Times my live.
    At the beginning I had claude instead of lil pecker

20. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It does, but he's one of the featured birds so he gets the single large bonus - the current version of Event Island doesn't stack bonuses when birds fit multiple categories anymore, they just get whichever is the highest.