1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucha Libre - which evo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Lucha Libre is... interesting. Matilda is very, very hard to top for overall general use, but there are definitely situations where she isn't actually all that great - typically those are scenarios where white birds in general don't work as well, but Lucha's super shot blurs the line of what a white bird even is; he's kind of like a beam-based version of a yellow bird (in that his attacks go back and forth (and possibly side to side) but only within a designated zone), much like how the QB is a yellow bird stealing a trick from blue birds (and doing it better).

Which is not to say he's another QB-tier bird, but I can see it being handy having him around.

2. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

YouTube has short videos of both evolutions. Just search for "angry birds evolution lucha libre" and they'll be in the list. I went Hell in a Cell with my Master version, took the other evolution with the one I got from tickets.

3. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Well, his 'Hell in a cell" version has the 'Bird Villian' tag, so the current MPDC - skill challenge is definitely somewhere that he can round out the team. Not sure what his other evo is though.

4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I completely glossed over that detail, but that's definitely a relevant consideration depending on what other options a player has available.

5. Greg Nixon

The Starsault evo is in the performer class

Redwing likes this.
  6. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Just discovered that Lucha-Pecka's beam can knock a pig out of it on the first sequence of side-to-side slaps. Effectively, this means you can't hit pigs on the same extreme angles as other white birds.

7. DrLot

DrLot Hatchling

I'm stuck at level 60 with lucha libre.
    The cross is interesting but with grandfather frost i have a feeling that i could gain more from the double frontal damage, that could become critical.
    Thoughts on this? Can't decide.

8. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

"Hell in a Cell" is good so far. That slapping can get get the pigs from the sides as well.

9. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I have actually been surprised at the takedowns that Hell in a Cell SS have produced. I have only managed to level the SS up to 4 or 5 and he is knocking some almost-bosses around. I may need to level his SS up further, but trying to save resources for the Master Version assuming I am able to get him...

10. Starman.thc

I am glad I chose this evolution...I am still trying to get a team together for that part of MPDC...I think I have 3 down...2 to go...

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

You can do it with 3 leveled & 2 weak, as long as they are all 5*
    2 of mine were only level 1.

12. Starman.thc

Don't even have the birds...not entirely sure who else I need, but I am sure I will eventually fill out the stable...

13. Greg Nixon

Good thing is you only need that team once, after that you can quick play with any birds

Redwing likes this.