1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering AI power in scout event pvp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwiloganalt, Apr 7, 2018.

1. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Would this decrease rewards? I want Max rewards and thought that by not loosing I'd be better off but want to check I'm not going to end up with less than before

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Scout rewards are based on which of the 3 difficulty levels you are playing (Normal, Hard & Insane). The harder the level, the more rewards but they are also a little bit random other than the # of evo material you get.

3. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

No I mean the pvp battles unlocked by p
    Scouts and have the power of the team you had when you first clicked on them

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I don't know exactly what you are referring to since Scouts have NOTHING to do with "PVP" which is what a lot of people call the arena.

5. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

This picture shows what it looks like on the island map

Attached Files:

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Oh, ok.
    It should be based on the power of your team when you actually open that arena flag. You cant back out & change your team.
    But really, you should have no problem winning an equalized power arena. Just make sure to grab the health up that spawns between shots 2 & 3. It should heal at least half of your health...

7. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Is this also the way that normal arena battles are calculated? Need to know as my top birds are pretty useless at pvp, 2 blue, 1 yellow that I never want to use the supershot of, and a few that just arnt great. But if my power doesn't effect opponents I need there extra power

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yes, the Arena(s) will never let you back out of it once you engage it like you can in other fights so there is no way to try & "trick" the power level.

9. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

But if I am struggling with high power but bad for power birds will I be better or worse if I use better birds at much lower power?

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Your overthinking it. Put together a strong enough team that you can limp through the arenas with.
    You wont win all your battles but you really are just playing for Keys at this point so you can run dungeons. The leader board rewards & advancing up the ranks is not in your cards until you get some better birds...

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I just though of something... Are you even at the player level where the Arena is available all the time or are you only accessing it from the Scouts? I don't remember when it opens, somewhere between level 20-35 I think...

12. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

No, it's more like lvl 10 and I'm lvl 24, and I have only a 30% win ratio in the past couple of days so need all the advantages I can get

13. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

I'm currently #1 in my league so don't want to risk bad streak unless I can find a way to get better odds

14. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Use your strongest team when you play in the arena, the game doesn't compare team power levels at all, just respective trophy counts. PvP battles that scouts generate are the only ones that are based on matching power levels, so you "could" game the system by having a lower-level team loaded before opening them, then using the option to edit your team to switch to your higher level birds, but there's not actually much point because Scout PvP battles don't effect trophies (you do get keys from winning though).

As for winning in whatever league you are in now, being in the #1 spot is much less important than advancing your score so that you get placed in higher brackets when the next week starts - every week you get reset back to the last "threshold" you reached, so if you're in Bronze IIII and the number 1 position, but the game tells you that based on your score, you'll be staying in that league when the next one starts, you haven't actually made any progress.

When you first start playing, they give you 2 free battles - moving from Bronze to Silver bumps that number to 3, and so on, with the maximum being 6 in Champions league. You also get a gem reward based on the difference between your score at the end of each week and your lifetime high score; if you manage to increase it, you are awarded the difference in gems, which tend to be substantially more than you'd get for winning in those brackets (once your high score is 15,000 the reward for beating your old high score is reduced to 1, but if you get to that point you're already in the top Champions league anyways). Even if you don't make it to the next major tier and only move from 3 to 2, or 2 to 1, doing so means when the week ends your trophy count is reset to the number where that tier starts; placing 1st in Bronze III with a score that keeps you there next week means you'll be starting over with 0 trophies.