1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower Gem Drops in Tower?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, Mar 3, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Tiny Birdy

I am now convinced after 3+ weeks that Rovio has significantly lowered the chances of getting Gems from the Daily Tower.
    I have been consistently getting about 75% fewer gems than I used to every day. I think I first noticed it shortly after they fixed/added the MPDC for new players.

Anyone else noticing this as well?
  2. PolarBearCabal

PolarBearCabal Tiny Birdy

Yes, I noticed when this first started , and this is what really broke my will to play this game.
  3. TimothyB

TimothyB Tiny Birdy

Yesterday I got level 40 without hitting one gem door. If only I was that good avoiding pigs!

Plus, the early floors only give 5 gems now, so even if you are lucky, it takes a while to earn enough just to cover the cost of the first two pigs
  4. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Tiny Birdy

I see the same thing and am equally disheartened. Once in a while I was able to really do well with gems, which made it ok to spend 200-400 gems occasionally, but now I am hard pressed to get 50 gems, which means I am now giving up when asked to spend 50 gems. they keep taking away any incentive to continue playing...
    evo egg likes this.
  5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I agree. Unfortunately I normally just open one door and exit. The risk is significantly greater than the reward now
    evo egg likes this.
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Tiny Birdy

Yeah, all these little greedy tweaks in the game are killing it...
    evo egg likes this.
  7. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Tiny Birdy

Mornin' everyone :)

Well... That happens while everybody wants to share the profits... Not possible... It's either me having profits (win gems for ''free'') - Rovio's ''loosing'' then, or they actually gaining some real income by reducing the quantity of gems dropping (and forcing the players ''to loose'' - buy more diamonds if wanted to go further)...

I don't like to loose (like most of us I guess, if not everyone), so my tactic is pretty simple - play till 1st pig - while getting more or the same diamonds as ''bribe'' for thief pig - continue playing (happened once so far, since the changes been made)...
    If getting less diamonds (pretty often now - dare to say - almost everyday) - hit exit and collect 20 gems for playing Eagle Mountain :)

My usual ''profits'' till the 1st pig - 10/15 gems, but HAPPENED 5 or even 0 (zero)...

8. Agentjoseph

Agentjoseph Hatchling

Their way of trying to make more money from gem purchasing.
  9. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird