1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leveling up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spennyman, Oct 2, 2018.

1. spennyman

spennyman Hatchling

How are you guys leveling up your birds now? Doesn't seem like evolving them is way to go anymore .....

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Same way I always have - level up 2/3 star birds to 20 and evolve them (preferably shiny ones), and when I have them available do the same with 4 star birds, then feed them the 2/3 star evolved birds until they're level 40, and then evolve them; if I don't need them for leveling up of a 5 star at that particular moment, they then sit there in my inventory, waiting. 40 is the new 51 you see.

The only difference now is that it takes far less material and birds to accomplish that, and every day is as good as any other to do that.

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I have played around with this a bit and my new findings are:
    1-3* shinys are worth bumping up to evolved 20 (one 3* will get a 2* shiny up to 20 now).
    4* up to evolved 40 (i have so many 4*s that i dont do it with all of them). The difference from 40 to 51 is very minor now.
    5* I tend to leave alone in case i want to use for prestige. They arent much better as food than the 4*s are now.

The level 51 boost is just not what it used to be for food birds BUT, it is still huge for GOLD SHINY birds. Well worth getting them up to 51 before selling...

4. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I was hoping a discussion about this opened up...I had the same question.

With the new values I was curious whether or not the overall strategy of leveling up 2 & 3 star shinies was the best way to go. It seems that level 51 is no longer the magic level (and now I know that 40 is the new 51), so hoping others are discovering the sweet spots and can share. Also hoping that any other tidbits of useful info might come to light.

Clearly the not having to wait for a particular day of the week is a game changer (pun intended).

5. spennyman

spennyman Hatchling

yes im making my notes now also i didnt see any difference on 20 and 40 ???

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, with the 1-3* birds it is nominal.

they clearly dont have it evenly distributed like it used to be...

7. spennyman

spennyman Hatchling

Great info specially on the 51 still for gold shiny

8. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I just learned something new. I had no idea 51 was the best to sell at. Does that go for 1-3* birds too?

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

ONLY if they are Shiny GOLD birds.
    DO NOT level non gold birds to sell...

10. spennyman

spennyman Hatchling

11. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Lol that was implied.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, when you asked "Does that go for 1-3* birds too?", i assumed you did not fully understand since gold shinys pretty much only come in 1-3*.

13. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

It's cool. I've only gotten one 4* GOLD shiny. I wish I had of known that I should have gotten him to 51 first. I only went to 20 then sold.

14. Slyguysmiley

Slyguysmiley Tiny Birdy

I feed my one star birds one 2 star. My shiny 2 stars I feed 2 one stars. I sell non shiny 3 stars out of principle lol and helps with gold a bit. 4 star level 40s. I rarely ever use totems to level. At any point is it more efficient to level up using a totem?

15. Kimo

Kimo Hatchling

For my non-shiney 2 and 3 star birds I level up a 2* with a 2* and a 3* with a 3*. You get more gold than the cost of leveling up and significantly more evolution materials. Doesn't work with 1* birds though.

16. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I haven't done all the math to say for certain, but my instinct would be no, because they're worth substantially more gold than birds you'd use for the same purpose, so selling them seems like the way to go.

Tigerangels42038 likes this.