1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Level 78 in Matilda event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimo, Sep 27, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Umm, i THINK you could do it if you can get over 100k power but it might be hard with only 1 White.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I mean, it would take a little trial & error in the later stages...

This is an easier layout event in general but you do need AT LEAST 1 good white bird.

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

This week is easier because enough people have at least 1 Matilda, possibly more.

Last week, QB and Frost were available earlier in the year but not seen again until now. Lil Perker was only obtained by few who spent $$ or belong to the top clans. Those who didn't get them back then will have to hatch and evolve before they are usable.

4. Denamo

Denamo Hatchling

Feffe, there was a discussion on FB, if you kill the pig when the forcefield first appears, it will stay forever. If you wait one turn to kill him, the shield goes away.

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Cool, then I'm relaxing this one. My current power is ~70k

6. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Depends which layout you got. I ended up with the door version. At least I've got a few days to get my second Matilda into the P levels :)

7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

The door version at level 89 is kicking my butt

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i would think so if you managed to get all the way to 89... lol

Seriously though, I had it on 79 too... What is your team & order?

9. Melchid

Melchid Tiny Birdy

I got the level you are describing at 80 :eek:
    I was scared to fail, but I managed to do get master Matilda in 4 or 5 attempts.

This team is the perfect one for the level.
    My team was way weaker in health but IT didn't matter. You need 3 White Birds to make sure you Open the gate and the Force fields in 2 or 3 shorts. Then you must control the birds with Lil Pecker and Frost... Frost + Matilda sweeps the whole Board (when pigs are close). You must aim Smartly your pecker so you stun the dangerous birds.

If you don't have more than 1 Matilda, Annie is great because she can kill all pigs in thread instance except for the giant Ones. I used Fringy as 3rd white bird. Almost useless (I have crossfire) but the other Evo must rock it. However, the health she provided + her Being white in the first turn was a great help.

10. Melchid

Melchid Tiny Birdy

I would say the door level in 75+ is impossible without 1 strong Matilda and at least another strong white bird

11. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Matilda P4, GF P3, random, GF P6, Matilda P6

In my he middle I have tried QB, Annie, moving P3 Matilda to middle and putting Miffy as leader. QB is P6 and both Miffy and Annie P3

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Hmmm, you are basically doing it right...
    I assume you are aware that the 4 posts have to be hit by WHITE Birds in order to open the doors?

This was my earlier post in case you didnt see it already:
    "A 3rd White bird helps a lot to get the doors open initially. I used (in order) Matilda, Frost, Fringy, lil Pecker, Matilda.
    Fire an edge matilda, then middle white to get doors open. Fire a blue, likely take a couple small hits that lower health quite a bit, then fire matilda & make damn sure to collect heath. Then its easy sailing the rest of the way...
    "

13. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Yes I saw your earlier post and was very helpful. I’ve made it to third level but no further. I’ll get there

14. Epic Buttstomp

Wife got lvl 80 after few tries using essentially same combo I have: 3 Matilda, Lil Pecker, Frost.
    Son is stuck after lvl 79, not sure how he managed to get that far myself but he did. He has Master Pecker, Frost, Matilda, ??. ?? for his case are between QB (P6), Jimmy, Steve, Miffy. Jimmy seems to be good in gate crashing because of SS 1 but weak otherwise. QB is needed at the corners to give him some solid hits. Miffy is weak. Steve isn't much better. Problem with those "gate of hell" is they can be closed if you hit those posts by accidents or necessity as the waves go on but you don't want to waste any shot to reopen them by then because every shot counts. Having low health (80K max) not helping. He has Red but Red is useless in the "gate of hell" mess.

15. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

Finally made it past level 78! I guess getting Li'l Pecker to P3 really helped. Finished 79 with no problems. Will try 80 later today.

My team:
    Matilda P5
    Li'l Pecker P3
    Terrance P3
    Frost P5
    Matilda P5

Epic Buttstomp, noob question but, who is Miffy?

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

16. Epic Buttstomp

Miffy is now called Fringy. Rovio used "Miffy" first but I suspect they ran into trademark issues, rename it to Fringy quietly.

Here is the trademark issue: https://www.miffy.com/

17. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I just lost on level 78 due to the lingering white bubble from a KO'd pig...didn't have time this morning to try again tho. On the later waves there are a pair of behemoths in the back, and when I was able to KO one set who had their protection up, the next pair to spawn were protected from GF by the lingering white bubble, and of course I was unable to survive both of them hitting me. (have switched to a mostly white team--P5 Steve, P6 GF, P7 Matilda, P6 Fringy, P3 Matilda). May need to switch out Fringy for my other GF, but losing team power at this point makes it harder to withstand a boss attack...

18. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

Thanks EB!

19. Epic Buttstomp

Miffy is weak with her SS in these event levels. Steve isn't much better. Assuming you have no Lil Pecker, take the other GF out then in place of Miffy. Matlidas should be at the corner, better coverage IMO.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

My Miffy did just fine in the middle for the door wave cuz she is the version that pulls in with 3 hits. However, there are any # of other birds that will work fine in that spot.