1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've done the math for Flockabalooza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngryBastard, May 31, 2018.

1. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wolf :)

I DARE to say that they missed nothing... It's a well planned strategy: ''give you as less as possible for as much as possible''... I think that everyone who plays a bit can spot that trend easily...

Cheers,
    W

2. Gaxtin

Gaxtin Hatchling

If they just want the money and idiots are willing to spend it, just sell these stupid players the damn birds and let the rest of us play a decent game.

$100 bucks for a bird, or whatever, and get the annoying players out of the regular players pool and save everyone the headache. Let the rest of us play for the bird without buying little sub-steps on the path the same thing.

I'll populate your game and watch a few ads here and there, but I refuse to pay cash to skip playing the game or to buy a victory. Why even play the game if you don't want to earn your achievements?

I'm infinitely more likely to just move on to another game that doesn't require straight up cash for "accomplishments," or progress.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

LOL... I whole heartedly disagree. I think they miss A LOT!!!
    Common sense for one & basic business economic sense for another...

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

We are not dealing with gasoline for your vehicles. Unless you plan to walk you will have to pay for gas even if the prices keep going up.

Rovio posted another stupid statement early this morning. It was attacked couple hrs later. Honestly they should just shut up. End the event early. Put up an old school small leaderboards Pirate Weekend. Try again next week.

"Angry Birds Evolution" We dropped the requirements! :) Events are competitive and aren't designed for everyone to get the last reward! Those are usually gained by only the top few percent! It should be a bit easier now to get to the reward you fit in best.
    We also moved the golden ticket to second last, and upped the last prize of prestige totems from 3 to 6!

Reply 1: I think this is how most players in most clans think (the pay to wins have their own motivations): People will play hard if the personal event tasks are achievable based on the number of scouts they can get during the length of the event. That will feed into the clan results. 10k is achievable, not 32k. Giving us 300 materials is laughable, 2 trips to the dungeons will get me 400!!!. Admit defeat Rovio for this event. You applied your 20% factor wrong, the real requirements should be 20% of 38k. I buy your weekly deals before but I have bills to pay than buying berries to get to 32k. If Rovio won't give what many players want, how do you expect people will want to buy stuff in the game.

Reply 2: Sincerely, this is a joke. As a customer who has already spent a lot of money on you, I think you do not want people to try to win anything else. And if the awards continue like this, I will be one of many to stop playing this game and I will play and spend my money on games that have respect for their players. This is a shame for you.
    Then count how many clans and players have achieved this goal and see if you are not being unfair.

Reply 3: Looking for a pat on the back "we have dropped the requirements blah blah" Events are competitive blah blah. Running off your casual spenders and f2p. Good move guys. Lost 2 at the beginning of this event and probably 3 to 6 more of the next event is garbage like this one. We can't keep the clan together to stay "competitive" as you say, cough cough drop $2-300 just for a event. I've never seen such from a gaming company. Just ridiculous

"Reply 4" It's summer, and people have lives. Events shouldn't be so difficult that I have to set an alarm and take advantage of every scout. And put every gem and berry I get as a reward in the event right back into the event, and spend real money on top, in order to attempt to complete it. To be rewarded with less than I would for regular gameplay of island battles, which cost me nothing. Not to mention the monotony of button bashing quick play on your highest level over and over and over...and over again. I honestly don't mind having to work hard to complete an event, but this is too hard, and too tedious, and not how any of us wanted to start our summers. And to say top rewards are only meant for the top few percent is offensive to all of us, clans and individuals, that always compete in and complete ALL events. As if we are no longer worthy of your freaking rewards. What you're not understand is that you're rewards aren't worthy of that much time, resources, and money. What would have been nicer, and more appreciated would have been a message admitting that a mistake was made. Requirements were miscalculated. That you're hearing our feedback and appreciate our input. That you're working to make sure that next event will be better and actually fun again. Not that the majority of us are unworthy! Wth?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  5. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Hey did anyone get a new sale pop up in game? 5 silver tickets and 1150 gems for £4.99... they never do deals as good as that gem wise, feels like they are up to something.. or maybe its just my sceptical mind lol

6. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Not me. I still have a $7 + $14 = 2 free golds sale.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

8. Witkacy [PL]

Tiger :)

Nope... I have only this one:

FB Sales.png

As comparsion:

I've bought ''Rise Of The Tomb Raider'' 20 Year Celebration PS4 PL for 77,00 PLN (brand new stuff)

Cheers,
    W

9. Tigerangels42038

No one else in my clan got it either, i still have the same sales as the ones posted above but this was an extra pop up sale. Wonder if i got it by accident.

10. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

FInally got my replies for my 2 tickets with DedSw1n3 and MPDC.

MPDC having those 2 pigs kill me by attacking more than once in one turn was a bug and I’ve been compensated for it.

DedSw1n3 not picking up power-ups was also a bug and they said they have fixed it now.

11. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

No. I only have the .99 sale. Same one I have had since the beginning

12. Epic Buttstomp

The "buy 2 get 2 gold tickets free" that Witkacy shown is what I get on my Android phone, in Canadian dollars of course. That has appeared in events many times in the recent months. The iPads in my household see a cheap 1 silver, few gems, some stuff single item sale.

13. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I only use my ipad to play this game so that is probably why mine is .99

14. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Tiny Birdy

I have been playing the game since July of 2017. This latest event format and requirements are ridiculous. The reduction and public statement about it are insulting. If they continue along this path for future events I am out of the game. I know many people feel this way. It’s unfortunate. And I have spent money on this game. Am happy to do so when a company treats its players well. Not the case here. I am already playing far less.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  15. Tigerangels42038

Well reading the GDPR statement that Elsa released on a thread, the reason we all get different sales is due to the data Rovio has on us, our past expenditures dictate what sales they offer us so we are more likely to buy them, so using that maybe Rovio had noticed, using the data, that some of us hadnt bought anything since the release of this disaster of an event and offered us a hard to resist sale..??

16. Epic Buttstomp

The $$ is staying in my pocket until I see what the next event entails.

As I mentioned here and FB before. If the event personal requirements are mathematically possible, people like me may not mind paying a bit to speed things up or go further.

17. Tigerangels42038

Yeah i agree and i wasnt buying their normal packages like id normally do due to this event, but with that deal and how hard gems are to get especially with this event.. i have clan perks to pay for, i have a clan to look after.. sometimes concessions need to be made :confused:

18. Witkacy [PL]

Tiger :)

Lass... There it happens that like Rovio does I CAN count and look for my money as well... With that significant difference that I am NOT been paid by peps from all over the world EVERYDAY, but only once per month as the proud owner of office's email with ending ''gov.pl''... I have HUGE respect for the Firm thanks to which I can pay my bills... Like I said many times before - paid ONCE and was happy of it - as got what I wanted... But future supporting them with my money is NOT an option, I am afraid... Firstly because the things they offer are HIGHLY overpriced and in the case of buying tickets I have NO sure if my money wouldn't be just thrown away for nothing - I could be flush them in toilet as well... And second thing: I DO like spend money starting with little family shops in my neighbourhood, to support hard working people, through buying TONS of books every month in my favourite internet bookstore and to finish with buying few games just for my satisfaction... But EVERYWHERE in those places I can feel I am very welcomed and been threated with respect, care and attention... So it happens that from time to time I am buying something EXTRA, which may not need at the moment, yet to show that I ENJOY being the customer of theirs...

With Rovio I CANNOT feel such a good relationships... There goes complete opposite thing - I've noticed that I am getting less and less goods than I got used to couple months ago (diamonds, tickets), on every single step I've been attacking with very intrusive and offending sales, so even if being hit for a whole year with so called ''great deals'' and even if everything would cost me a penny - I WON'T PAY... In the sake of feelin' good with myself and so my own rules...

Cheers,
    W

19. Tigerangels42038

WTH, at any point in my previous post did i dispute anything at all you said?? "Firstly because the things they offer are HIGHLY overpriced" yes you are correct, again not what i posted about.. but lets go off script a bit, talking about players spending money.. not being a player that gives money is not something to be boastful about, it is also not something you use to attack other players with, those "players that pay for things?" are the ones keeping the game alive, those boastful they never "spend a penny on a free to play game" dont understand how economics work, if everyone gave a $1 the rest of the global community wouldnt need to spend what they do, theres nothing boastful about not pay a lil to help the game alive, otherwise we wouldnt have a game at all..

Kenv47 and A. Wolf like this.
  20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Tiger, I could be wrong but I don't think you were getting attacked as much as you feel you were?
    I felt he was almost using what you said as a jumping off point to rant, not to attack what you said.
    However, I totally agree with what you said after that...