1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth trying for dedswine with gem tickets?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwiloganalt, Jun 4, 2018.

1. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

I will post screen shots of white and yellow dungeons and gem count

2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

3. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

1800 gems currently S80604-22101846.jpg S80604-22101846.jpg S80604-22095577.jpg

4. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Here’s the evolutions of DedSw1n3 to help you decide.
    466AC01D-8344-4A87-8ACA-2E4E4DB06ACC.jpeg DD1AADDF-40AF-46AE-8067-4ED4AAA3144E.jpeg
    (Rising the Stakes does more damage)

5. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

They are so odd that I wouldn't be able to tell, both have something which is an advantage or drawback to exactly a 5* Jacky depending on circumstances, Jacky's ranked as #2 4* so that could mean he's an A or higher rank or could be just impractical if tried to be used as both pvp and daily. The other side is how good is the other 1? Don't want to have 50% chance of junk

6. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Getting a second bird is not as easy as you would imagine. It would be a shame for you use up all your gems and not get it. I recommend always only going for the first bird and then saving up for the next event. No need to rush to upgrade to the best birds.

7. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

To add on to this. However if you have enough tickets after getting the 1st bird (70 - 100 minimum) and if you’re fine with the chance of getting a 2nd first bird then go right after the 2nd bird. Only go after it only when you know you won’t regret it.

8. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

My rule of thumb is that I'll continue hatching during events provided that the worst possible successful result is one that I would be fine with (obviously the worst result is you just don't get anything worthwhile). IE, if I hatch Lady Bacon (which I did), at this point I'm perfectly happy to continue hatching because worst case scenario (that ends with me getting an event bird), I wind up with a 2nd Lady Bacon. I need two of them for the collection, so I'm fine with that instead of DEDSW1N3 (though I would prefer the latter).

If I did happen to get DEDSW1N3, if there's a reasonable amount of time left in the event and it didn't completely clean me out of resources I need for MPDC and clan perk contributions, then I would be inclined to continue hatching at that point as I could always use a 2nd Lady Bacon or DEDSW1N3 for the collection, and in the remote case where I hatch Black Metal Byron then I'm still happy as I don't have any of those yet; any result is one that I would be happy with.

If instead I got a 2nd Lady Bacon though, I don't really need a 3rd; depending on where that was in the event's duration I would probably stop hatching at that point. The question you need to ask yourself is what your primary motivation for acquiring event birds is - if it's just to complete a collection and you don't really need them (apart from bringing them out for events to get bonuses and whatnot), one event bird you don't have yet is pretty much the same as any other, barring that rare one that might be good enough to replace something on your team.

If you want it to actually use it, I can tell you from the experience of it sitting across from me in the arena that DEDSW1N3 is no 5-star version of Jackie; or rather, not the good version of Jackie - he's more like her version with the mask, his beam is fairly narrow (about on par with the Sick Guitar solo Jackie/Annie/Captain Freedom, wider than Crossfire Fringy). Edit: Having just acquired DEDSW1N3, I can confirm that his beam is pretty much exactly the same size as Annie's (at least initially - I don't think either of the two evolutions makes it larger/smaller but I can't confirm that personally quite yet).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018