1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I Have Grandfather Frost, Can I Skip Chuck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kullwarrior, Mar 20, 2018.

1. kullwarrior

kullwarrior Hatchling

I have:
    Claude
    Cold Turkey
    Grandfather Frost
    Quarterback
    Byron

as my team.

I have: Chuck, Blitz, Bomb, Dutch, Thrash, and Steve sitting around doing nothing.
    I'm under the impression that I only need 1 of the 1 SS birds in the team, since SS2 to SS4 specials deal more damage.
    What should I do?

2. Rod911

Rod911 Hatchling

I've always seen Frost as a utility bird - that is, he is very situational, but still versatile to be used in both MPDC and PvP. On the other hand, IMHO, I see Chuck as one of "must have" birds in both MPDC and PvP teams.
    I do not have a Cold Turkey or Byron, so cannot comment on their usefulness in MPDC and PvP, but I would start off and replacing your Cold Turkey with Chuck. Otherwise, if you find your current team kicking butt, then do not change. When you have spare resources, try to upgrade your other birds and give them a try.

Riedgu and Desert Song like this.
  3. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

That’s like asking that if you have Thrash, can you skip The Angromedon.

The latter is way stronger and should be used when ever you can over the former.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

If you pass on Chuck you will never reach full potential as he is arguably the best bird in the game.

Frost is way overrated if you have & use Chuck properly.

Using Claude, Chuck & Wide QB should render whichever other 2 birds you choose just filler for health...

5. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Tiny Birdy

kullwarrior :)

Well... Like everybody has been said already... Switch Turkey with Chuck, leave Claude, Frosty and so QB... The last bird could be any of your choice to be honest...
    Besides... It's no harm really to have two 1ss birds together - like Frosty and Chuck - I use them both in my team and simply having more options available after 1st turn...

Cheers,

W

6. Desert Song

Desert Song Super Cool Bird

Your team would be so much stronger and have more strategy if you could replace Turkey with Chuck. More often than not, you will want to use Chuck as your SS1 bird. In arena or MPDC, if you shoot him right up the middle, he pulls in all pigs except if they are on the outermost fringes of the board and usually kills them all. And since he is going back and forth while hitting them, every other hit is a critical which plays into Claude's leadership. Frost is good! He is on both of my teams too. But I always use Chuck first except in these specific situations: (1) Two arena pigs on my side of the board are on opposite outer fringes. Then I use Frost to mesmerize them instead of Chuck to kill for my SS1 turn. (2) The big arena pig is on my side and has timer of 1. Too often if I try to do anything else to him (kill or knock him over the line) he either bounces back to my side or gets down to 1 health and doesn't die. So I Frost him (3) In MPDC when I need to increase the timers of some imminent threats.

In all other ways, Chuck is the superior SS1 bird. Besides, have you seen what he can do in MPDC in a combo with Tiffany?!! :)

7. Skit

Skit Tiny Birdy

Chuck and Tiffany in MPDC is a blast to watch all hell break loose!!!

I always have Turkey, Annie, Frost and Chuck in my team. The fifth bird is really a filler depending on the color for MPDC or a starting bird for pvp ( Dr. P/Steve/Rooster/Billy the blitz/Angromedon/Murphy/Void Eddie/Soul Eddie/Dutch/Santa/Carsonx2 - All prestiged ) Turkey always clears the board for me in pvp depending on how I shoot him from the edge, mostly an M pattern. My 2c would be to replace Byron with Chuck.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I broke my previous record of 176 yesterday with 218 hits in 1 turn of MPDC.
    Too bad there's not a Gold or Gem drop power-up... ;)

Skit likes this.