1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Change Ports to allow Angry Birds Evo Gameplay

Discussion in 'Bugs and Technical Issues' started by MilaJ, Dec 21, 2018.

1. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

Hi all! I need lots of help. I'm trying to play Angry Birds Evolution on my Android phone but everytime I open it it says, Unable to connect to server. I contacted Rovio support but the answer wasn't helpful to me. They told me that I need to change the ports in order to play. I've seen a few articles on how to do so, but nothing has changed, I still can't open AGE on my S9+. Can anyone please help me figure out how to get this game working? I've allowed the storage permissions and I even followed a how to guide on how to change my router's ports, but nothing has changed. When I open the game, it STILL says, unable to connect to server. So obviously I did the port changing incorrectly or something. I'm open to any suggestions for help that you can give me, please!! Thank You.!

Draco pt likes this.
  2. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

Does the game work when your phone is on mobile data rather than wifi?

3. Nyk

Nyk Motherflocker

Are you in the US or Europe?

4. Spy1406

Spy1406 Hatchling

I can't connect neither, from UE. If you have an answer

5. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

I'm in the US. It still won't work, still says unable to connect to server. I just don't understand why any game would not be playable on Android or any other OS to the point of having to manually change internet settings or rather ports. It's ridiculous to me. I am open to any suggestions, and help guys. Thanks! Also, I've never ever had this problem with any other game. Thanks

6. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

I have tried both, with WiFi, with mobile data, and I just get the same thing both times, unable to connect to server!

7. Tigerangels42038

That is weird. Have you saved your progress in the game on Facebook? If so uninstalling & reinstalling the game might get rid of whatever is causing the game to not connect. If you havent saved your progress on facebook, take a note of your acc id on the loading page before it get to cannot connect. Uninstall & reinstall, you will have a new acc from the start but you can send in a ticket with your old acc id to have it transferred over

8. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

Yes, I've saved my game through Facebook. My account is linked through it too. I will try all that and let you know if anything works for me. Finger's crossed! This is so frustrating, I just don't understand why I can't play it on my Android phone like any other game. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes, and thanks everyone for your answers and suggestions, I will try this.

9. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

Ok, no go. I logged out of my game account on my iPad and went to my S9 plus to reinstall ABE. I opened it, and the same thing, unable to connect to Server. I hate to say it, but I guess I won't be playing it on Android ever. Just gotta keep playing it only on my iPad I guess, even though it's ridiculous of Rovio for it not to be playable. I might try calling my internet provider and see what they'll say. All Rovio did is tell me the ports and then say if you need anything else contact us. But why would I when you didn't even help with this issue? I'll get back to the forum if there's any updates. Thanks anyway.

Draco pt likes this.
  10. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

If it works on your iPad then it should work on your S9 as well. The network ports in use have absolutely nothing to do with iOS or Android, so since it works on the one device they are obviously open on whatever firewall/router you have running and that would apply to all your network enabled devices using WiFi or a hard wired connection. The only time there could be a difference is if someone configured your firewall/router to either not allow the one device to use what is most likely port 80, 8080, or 443 and then you would not be able to do anything internet related on that device. More likely than not there is a corrupted game file that hasn't cleared during previous uninstall/reinstall or there is an app permissions issue. Previously you were asked to enable storage and other things when installing the game, but I haven't seen that pop up in some time. I would suggest removing both the game and Facebook, run the device maintenance utility on the s9, then reinstall both apps, Facebook first and log into it, then the game and connect Facebook. If the problem persists check the app permissions to make sure storage is enabled on Facebook, because looking at mine it appears they removed the required storage permission from the game so it no longer needs any thus the reason the pop up no longer appears.

11. Draco pt

Draco pt Hatchling

E exatamente o que acontece com o meu jogo desde 06/12 falei com o Rovio e nada me parece até que finalmente ontem alguém entendeu o que está acontecendo e estou aguardando uma resposta, mas eu já fiz o mesmo no android e iOS e ele faz não funciona e um erro que eles fizeram e eles não sabem como consertá-lo!

12. Draco pt

Draco pt Hatchling

[QUOTE = "MilaJ, post: 40167, member: 7398"] Oi tudo! Eu preciso de muita ajuda. Estou tentando jogar Angry Birds Evolution no meu telefone Android, mas toda vez que eu abri-lo diz: Não é possível conectar-se ao servidor. Entrei em contato com o suporte da Rovio, mas a resposta não foi útil para mim. Eles me disseram que eu preciso mudar as portas para poder jogar. Eu vi alguns artigos sobre como fazer isso, mas nada mudou, eu ainda não consigo abrir a AGE no meu S9 +. Alguém pode me ajudar a descobrir como fazer esse jogo funcionar? Eu permiti as permissões de armazenamento e até mesmo segui um guia sobre como alterar as portas do meu roteador, mas nada mudou. Quando eu abro o jogo, ainda diz, incapaz de se conectar ao servidor. Então, obviamente, eu fiz a porta mudando de forma incorreta ou algo assim. EU' m aberto a sugestões de ajuda que você pode me dar, por favor !! Obrigado.![/CITAR]

E exatamente o que acontece com o meu jogo desde 06/12 falei com o Rovio e nada me parece até que finalmente ontem alguém entendeu o que está acontecendo e estou aguardando uma resposta, mas eu já fiz o mesmo no android e iOS e ele faz não funciona e um erro que eles fizeram e eles não sabem como consertá-lo!

13. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

Well hopefully you get your issues fixed soon too. Or maybe I should say, "their" issues?? I had to go to Google translate to understand your message! Awesome

14. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

See, that's what I thought! Same network, so it should work everywhere! Exactly, I agree ! I really don't understand why it won't work on my S9 too. I've enabled the storage permissions, every time, I've even cleared the device cache, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times on my S9, logged in and out of Facebook account, everything. I had a separate issue during this time with a strange and annoying notification and had to reset my phone, so I've cleared out this app many times and still the same message when I open it, unable to connect to server. It's ridiculous. So really at this point, after talking to all you guys with the extra knowledge and experience and extremely valid points, I no longer think it's my issue, it's theirs. But I'll keep you posted. Oh, but I know nothing about what you mean about the device maintenance utility for my S9?

malo! likes this.
  15. Tigerangels42038

In settings there is a section called device maintenance, it will configure and check your phone for you. It will also make suggestions for you.

16. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

Oh ok! Yes, I know what you're talking about now. Yeah, I always use that. Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks.

17. Tigerangels42038

Try the order Greg wrote for you to try Mila, doing updates, installs & deletions can sometimes be helped by the order you do them in

18. MilaJ

MilaJ Tiny Birdy

Ok guys, I tried the order Greg gave me to do the installation, device maintenance and all that stuff and still the same thing, unable to connect to server. I was procrastinating but I guess I'll really have to call my internet provider and ask them for help too. But not until like Wednesday, so I'll keep you posted when I have something else to report. Thanks for helping.

19. Tigerangels42038

The only issue ive ever known to stop an android device working when it works on ios for this game is permissions. But if everything is blue and agreed to when you look at the game in app settings.. im really not even sure what you isp can do..

20. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

The ISP won't be able to do anything unfortunately, they typically only service up to the modem and every port on it would be open for business. If it is a port issue then it would have to be on your router or firewall if connecting over wifi. If the issue is still there when trying to connect via your mobile data plan and that has a strong connection, then the only other thing I can think of would be if you have a security product like Norton Mobile installed then it's possible that at some point you blocked the apps access to the internet.

Tigerangels42038 likes this.