1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is this fair at the slightest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemixFTW, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

IMG_0019.jpg

How am I even suppost to compete with this overpowered blue moon clan member???

This is unfair...

My current team...
    IMG_0020.jpg

Person in 2nd place
    IMG_0021.jpg

I don't care about second place but HOW ARE PEOPLE UNDER 20K POWER GONNA WIN?

2. rafidi

rafidi Super Cool Bird

In that case, the problem is not the power of your (or his/her) team, because you're not fighting him/her directly (or it's not common). The problem is, sometimes you've to play a lot to be first because you compete against some guys who play a lot.

At your level you can be first, but you've to play a looooooot unfortunately. But don't worry. It's not always like that.

Usually I stop playing at 15k trophies. But sometimes 15k trophies are not enough. It's chance.

3. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

Ok don't take this too personally. I don't want to sound condescending. I am even speaking to myself a bit here but I kind of had the lazy mindset that I was getting screwed over when I was in the lower levels in the same way you feel. Those who are at very high trophy levels play A LOT! It is kind of a silly thing to invest so much time in but some us do have the time to and enjoy it. These people aren't cheating like some of the people claim who get all defensive because they are getting smashed in the arena. It is how the game works. If you put the time in, you will be up there too. I started moving up fast once I hit about level 70. Get some good birds, level them up the most efficient way and you won't have any issues. If you don't have the time to put into the game then it is silly to think you can compete with people who play all day. I have seen some low level players right up there with me and I have to try to keep up with a team 15,000 less power than me. The game is fair though because it was that way for everyone at some point. They haven't deviated from that. Those players at the top do work hard to get there ;) I understand your frustration though but there are no shortcuts. It took me time to get to the top.

4. Kiteflyer

Kiteflyer Super Cool Bird

And there’s nothing like booting a maxed out player out of the arena :D

ImpartialPath likes this.
  5. DUCK NORRIS

DUCK NORRIS Super Cool Bird

Like defeating their team? Too bad you didn't earn additional trophies for degree of difficulty huh? ;)

Kiteflyer likes this.
  6. Angrybirds111

Angrybirds111 Tiny Birdy

Yes everyone is right..as long as you get you team above 20k you can consistently get 1st to 3rd place if you willing to play that much

7. Kat

Kat Tiny Birdy

I am disabled and housebound, so I played a whole lot when I first started. When I was still at much lower levels than I am at now, I was beating players with teams at 10-15-20,000 more power than me...only because it was all I had to do to keep me sane here for a while. Have been too sick lately, playing a bit each day, and can see how much I am fighting just to keep up now. It really is a matter of players having a ton of time to spare on the game...that's it

rafidi and ImpartialPath like this.
  8. ImpartialPath

ImpartialPath Hatchling

Games are sometimes too much like life? Takes so much work and time to get up to powerful level and you can bet it isn't always fair! ;) :rolleyes:

esor and Kat like this.
  9. Kiteflyer

Kiteflyer Super Cool Bird

Good practice and fun... :D

10. ADBjester

ADBjester Tiny Birdy

I presume you mean on a leaderboard, and not in PvP matches. If it was a PvP match, you face them once, maybe twice, and then move past them.

However, the player *has* to be in a "group of 20" on a leaderboard SOMEWHERE..... and it can't always be with other players who are similarly evolved (as much as we'd like to think that's "fair".) This time, he's in your leaderboard. Next event, he might be in mine, and I (a 22K power player) might actually lose a leaderboard event for once.

Bird poop happens. Play the game, take your second place, and be grateful you have enough power to stay in the top third of the board.

Jester

11. enthusiasts

enthusiasts Super Cool Bird

the only time when pvp is that challenging and satisfying to beat the higher team powers, won't be that challenging once you're maxed out, you gonna miss it :p

12. RockBird

RockBird Tiny Birdy

Let's put this in perspective. 50 diamonds, one totem. That is the difference between first and second at the highest bracket. Not a huge deal to get less once in a while either.

13. Jeuman

Jeuman Super Cool Bird

I was a bit annoyed with this for a while. but then I realised that the people who actually put in the crazy amount of time required to get to this kind of power and trophies deserve to win. just have to hope you get easier opponents next week.

I will be a bit annoyed when I'm 40 k power if I was easily beaten by someone with 20k

my only concern with the arena is that it is so extremely time consuming. having a Job and other interests, in a relationship etc it just feels a bit too much or chore.

hope they can reduce it to 2x arena tickets per hour and triple the reward. probably many better suggestions then this out there. just first that came to mind

RyogaDyana likes this.
  14. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

I can't take 2nd place though because there's a U.K. pig hunters clan member in there

Ouch...

15. enthusiasts

enthusiasts Super Cool Bird

it's alright, sometimes we win some, sometimes we lose some, motivates us to grind harder to be the very best :D

16. RockBird

RockBird Tiny Birdy

I say do what makes you happy. If it feels like a chore, only participate to a point where it doesn't.

One thought I have had is for Rovio to change the formula a bit so that it pairs people based on number of times they enter the arena. Not power or past trophy count, still need some randomness, but level of activity in the arena. That may help make it feel more competitive for everyone.

17. Jeuman

Jeuman Super Cool Bird

yeah, I somewhat do. got the max for gem rewards and wanted to not do it so much. but I'm in the middle of prestige leveling my main team. need those totems from the arena rewards so I'm stuck between leveling extremely slow or getting totems from the arena

18. Howard Smith

Howard Smith Hatchling

when I was lvl 92 I fought a lvl 151 full power team and beat him twice

19. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

I’m really fed up with the arena. I lose, ok, I was not playing well. It takes 59 trophies. Next time I win, I get 10 TROPHIES! Sick of it!

20. Kenv

Kenv Super Cool Bird

Dang!! Sorry that you are having problems. Might not be popular with h some, but t I have sent prayers your way.
    Back on topic, the only reason I can play so much is because I am retired.

Kat likes this.