1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you join a PvP arena league without fighting a battle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Random Stranger, Jan 14, 2019.

?

Have you ever been auto enrolled into a PvP league without pressing the start battle button?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. Random Stranger

Random Stranger Hatchling

Hi All
    This may be a daft question. I collected my 2nd place award from PvP for last week a couple of minutes after the reset. The screen asked me the usual 'Play an arena battle to join a PvP league' and I studiously avoided pressing the big green Start Battle button intent on taking a day or so off before starting this weeks fun and games. This morning once I logged on I found that I was in 2nd to last place in a league (someone had played one/lost one) and was sitting on 14K trophies exactly - the starting point. My clan perk means I win 29 trophies for a Victory and its 25 if you lose so I took a screen shot of the league table as it shows I was in second to last without ever having "played an arena battle to join the league'. First place was at 14.44K so was either two cycles in or one cycle plus tickets/gems.

I've thought this has happened before but when the week ends on Sunday midnight I've put it down to fat fingering the start button before logging off (although I've never truly believed it). I really would like some time off from PvP without losing 1K Gems and 10 Prestige Totems for a top 5 finish and starting later on seems like a decent compromise to the sadistic 5 hour cycle that PvP is set to currently.

I just wanted to gain some feedback before I decide whether to write another ticket.

2. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

I experience that last week as well. Actually, I found it on Tue and the others have about 900 points over me. I avoid even get the reward this week and see what gonna happen.

Random Stranger likes this.
  3. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

This has also happened to me. I believe it happened when I played a scout PvP battle. These are not supposed to enroll you in a league, but I believe sometimes they do.

4. Random Stranger

I've waited for 24 hours before collecting the reward before but nerves got the best of me.... How long before the reward disappears? If I don't claim it will it appear in my inbox after 7 days? So I claimed it before the game took it away from me

5. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

When they 1st changed the map pvp battles to no longer count towards your arena score, there was a problem that whenever you did a map pvp battle it would enrol you in a league automatically. They fixed it in a subsequent update but occasionally i think it glitches and enrolls you anyway. If you ever see someone with a 0 beside their name in the league thats usually whats happened to them

6. Random Stranger

I hadn't thought about scout PvP battles wrongly triggering this but it fits perfectly. Damn.

7. Random Stranger

Thanks for this, it fits perfectly. The big issue for me is that PvP is such a boring but necessary grind now. There is no excitement except for the occasional loss triggered by the *I'm too young to die on the correct turn* pig bug. Gems and prestige totems are critical to the game. And so PvP is a necessary evil. Thus I look forward to my one day with a decent night's rest in anticipation (I usually start Tuesday) and this issue is stealing even that away. I am going to be a grumpy old git all week now

8. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

I raised the issue to them some time back and they said the only way to not get auto enrolled was to not claim the rewards from the previous week. However at times even doing that the scout battle will still put you in one. Just another glitch that occurs unfortunately.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Im not 100% sure but i think if you LOOSE in a scout PVP, it automatically puts you in the arena. A few in my clan have reported this to the point where they will actually avoid playing those PVP markers until after they start their arenas (of course you could game that if you knew it was ONLY from a loss).
    I almost never loose so i have not ever had this issue yet myself...

feffe and Random Stranger like this.
  10. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I never claim the PvP prize until i am ready to start. Usually I skip out on all scout locations PvP until then. Given I frequently end up in top 5 I follow this rule religiously. However if you are pushing in the last few minutes of PvP and the week reset while you are still in the PvP screen then you cannot avoid the claim. It is questionable whether you automatically enrolled or not.

Wife and son claim they have seen something like that before although they never officially claim anything until they are ready to start. I am not sure whether they skip scout location PvP.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I have never had it happen to me & i always claim rewards at sunday rollover, then wait til Monday to start the arena (and play my scouts).

12. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

I've seen others share the same thought supposedly after testing it.

13. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

That remind me about the auto enrollment. As far as I can recall, I did loose a game because i am with my money making team with treys and Andrews.

14. honeybun

honeybun Tiny Birdy

I had a little argument with cusomer service about this topic... and posted this in their discord channel some weeks ago...
    [​IMG]

They ignored me completely after it...

Matticus and Random Stranger like this.
  15. Tigerangels42038

Ive often wondered if they really do have access to logs.. they get the info wrong so many times that i highly doubt it. I think they just add in "we checked the logs" to try and sound official and make you give up.

16. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

The game team likely does have access to logs, but I daresay all support has access to is the scripts they copy and paste lol.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I have also had them lie to me about "game logs" a few times... it was Matys involved every time.

18. Tigerangels42038

Lol i can only imagine the BS he was coming up with :rolleyes:

When the boys pvp personal best gem rewards were going wonky when they started out i put in tickets for them. The nephew that started playing 1st finally got the gems back from Emily, after some back and forth and providing screenshots as proof, she "checked the logs" and confirmed his account was out. When the 2nd nephews account started going wonky and giving the wrong rewards i thought.. ok it will be same as last time ill save time and put the screenshots in and ask them to check the logs 1st to save time.. but unfortunately it was Matys that replied.. so he said the logs showed everything was fine and he had got the proper rewards.. many arguments later i gave up lol, but as it turned out once he hit 15k the system righted itself and he got all the gems he was missing. Same thing happened with the other 2 when i just left them to correct themselves, worked out much easier lol

19. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

To reliably manage this issue, I am consistently checking the PvP screen to make sure I am not enrolled in a league...at least once a day (as well as totally skipping scout PvP battles). While this does not resolve anything, it mitigates the damage done by being ignorant of the issue.

Random Stranger and honeybun like this.
  20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i also tend to just look in the arena after each scout PVP if i havent started arena yet