1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hockey event April 11-16 - New red bird

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riedgu, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Yes good luck. Hope your eggs hatch early and productively

Any for what it is worth...once you get the special bird I would stop and save your tickets for the next event which is suppose to be Matilda. Dutch, unless you need a 5* black bird, is not worth reducing your resources down for. Although you might want a second hockey bird.... Just my opinion

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I want my 2nd Matilda also. The 2 gold tickets I won't touch this time. I have 24 silver tickets right now and 5 locked in MPDC. Once hockey event starts I will hatch enough so I can claim the MPDC silver tickets, then hatch just enough so I can claim the event rewards silver tickets. If I land hockey bird, good for me.

3. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

agreed same strategy i'm gonna employ though i have a feeling these sports themed birds are getting the A1 treatment as far as skill goes.

4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Hatched one at x5, probably not going to sink too many more tickets into the event now, though I was actually over capacity for silver tickets (claimed a chunk of 5 when I was at 24 tickets and then the ones from Eagle Mountain kept stacking on top of those), so I'm probably going to have to spend a few just so they don't get wasted.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

How can players have almost 4000 event points in less than 2 hours (no, I am not looking at the clan totals)?
    The entire event is 3900. By my rough math that would take about 100+ scouts (about 55-60 an hour).
    Are people really pumping that many gens / $$ into this event?

6. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Probably had a bunch of berries banked in the mail too, but yeah, they're almost certainly sinking a lot of gems into "winning". At least there's actually a prize, but it really doesn't strike me as particularly worth it. Never underestimate the allure of something being "exclusive" though.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Berries don't store in the mail...

So, actually with rough math again. That would cost about 2850 gems to buy 75 scouts, so not as much as I initially thought. But, once you go down that road you are really going to have to go all in or you might not be top 3 & wont get your coveted (slightly different color outfit) birdy...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  8. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

They do, from events

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I've never seen that happen. They just stack up past 25 for me.

10. Epic Buttstomp

Even those berries from events and special deals have the 6 days limit. During the Rooster + Miffy events I bought the deals where you get 15 berries and silver tickets. Everything excess above 25 was dumped in mail with a 6D beside it. This time I don't see the same deals on my Android device, maybe those people see them and they just burnt their credit cards to the ground. You can get that amount but it will burn you out quickly. I guess they decide to pay for the top 3 in players leaderboard. It will be funny if they don't get it.

11. Epic Buttstomp

You can file a report to Rovio support if you can get a screen capture. Someone there should be able to see what they did to get there.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I don't really care that much. If someone wants to spend that much for false "rarity", so be it.
    It just shocked me when I looked at the leaderboard & saw several people between 3000-4000...

Looks like Rovio's idea is working though. There will be dozens of player pumping a lot of $$ into this idea just to miss out & be disappointed. ***SUCKAS!!!***

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Just figured out why I never see berries in my inbox. I always keep them at 23-24 so I don't miss one from chests...

BTW... Its total BS that Silver Tickets, Berries & Keys don't go to your inbox unless they're from events. Just another little FU from Rovio.

14. Sumo Bro

Sumo Bro Hatchling

Got Ricky after 16 silvers and 3 golds, and what's immediately after him?
    Kowalski

15. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I’m not sure anyone spent that much already. I’m sure someone has figured a way to cheat

16. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

the fact of going through event PvP would have slowed them down enough not to be that far along. I guess it is possible but really not logical nor realistic

17. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio want to limit how many of these resources you can horder. In Angry Birds 2 they have no limits and people have thousands of everything, essentially ruining the game.

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I just got him on 11th silver. Why do I always get the birds I don't really want so easily & the ones I really want take a bunch? Now I still have 3 Gold 3 Tickets that I have to use so I don't loose them. I'll probably end up with 3 of these guys...

Murphy's Law Sucks!... lol

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  19. Epic Buttstomp

No point IMO to compete against these nutbars. I bet those scores will blow the roof off comes tomorrow and off to outer space before the event is done. Someone could be blowing away the collections of iTunes or Google store cards. Probably the credit cards.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

But, you cant keep anything in your inbox for more than 7 days so that's not the case here. Also, if they were that worried about it, they could just put a 1 day expiration on those items...