1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hockey event April 11-16 - New red bird

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riedgu, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

To be fair, we haven't seen the numbers or in-game performance of Ricky yet, though since they're also advertising the Elite version we do at least know what each of his evolutions does. I wouldn't expect him to buck the trend of other Red birds not being particularly good in PvP, but stranger things have happened.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yes, I am assuming since he is a Red bird he is going to perform like a Red bird which means he wont be good in PVP..

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

My plan as well and so as the plans for my wife + son. Grind hard for personal and clan events, stock up. Hatch only those silver tickets you can't keep. Matilda is the one they want and I want my 2nd. Son claims he will use his gifts iTune cards to buy some chances if necessary.

4. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Remix :)

So I have to be #1 on the ENTIRE planet to have him, please? Thanks :)

Cheers,

W

5. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Patch notes specified the top 3 individual players and the top 3 clans on the event leaderboard would receive the exclusive event bird. You can just hatch the new bird from tickets as normal during the event though, the exclusive version is just a slightly fancier-looking variation of the normal Ricky.

6. Sarah_f

Sarah_f Hatchling

Why did they change the the start time of the event? That really screws up most of my clan members on playing. Why change it for this event when it has always been the same start time. The only difference was spring forward it changed 1 hour.

7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Sarah;
    I agree the change in time is pretty significant to just be an error.

But remember that what sucks for some is better for others. Example the last event I missed out on the 10x ticket because I had to sleep on a work night. The event ended at 4:00 am my time. I spent a lot of resources to try to win that 10x ticket to lose to an equally good player who has better time zone than me (or doesn't work or is a sleepy student :D)

8. Witkacy [PL]

Gildan :)

Thanks for clarification... So it seems that I would have to waste HUUUGE amount of time to meet the requirements, though... And since he would be not much different than the basic event one, beside a few shines added here and there - I am just to consider that obtaining him is not worth my time at all ;)

Cheers,

W

9. Epic Buttstomp

What is the start time based? For me it is 6am Eastern Daylight Saving Time or 10am UTC. So is 10am UTC the normal start time regardless of where you are playing from around the world? I hope that is the case. If not you will end up with some oversea players having advantage.

10. Witkacy [PL]

Buttstomp :)

Well... It seems that for me the event will start at 19:00 of tomorrow.... Frankly saying I am VERY MUCH pleased of the change... That way I could be focused just on event for my leisure, while all daily duties (work, shopping, meetings) already being done... I dunno who made the change happen - yet THANK YOU, whomever you are! Starting events IN THE MIDDLE of the day was just not the best idea unless having no work, no duties and pleeenty of time to waste... And yep, I AM from Central Europe... And we will be playing, while you'll be sleeping - so this time you'll be having UP THE HILL...

Quite fair for me though :D

Cheers,

W

Donmams likes this.
  11. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

I'd say for those on EST used to the event starting at 6 AM, check just in case around that time, if nothing, start at 2 PM. event should start the same time for everyone, just time zone difference, ie. PST 10 AM, UK 6 PM etc

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  12. Epic Buttstomp

Given the 24/7 nature of this international online game, it will always be inconvenient for someone. I have at least 1 clan member in Asia, I guess he will has to stay up if he wants an early start!!! Evening for you but mid day after lunch for me.

P.S. "Buttstomp" was a common random name in the Angry Birds 2 name generator. I just add the first part myself. The big butt kick....

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  13. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Previous events were starting at that time, yes - this one looks to be scheduled to begin at 1pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Why does start time matter at all? Everyone has the same # of hours available to play, especially with a multiple day event...
    If someone is worried about being awake when the event actually starts or ends, that seems like just a little bit of Neurosis. Just sleep when you normally do & play when you normally do, it all evens out over time...

15. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Not true. Yes everyone has the same amount of time. If you had 4-6 hours of normal play time toward the end you could make a bigger push toward winning. Perfect example the person I was play against obviously was not in my time zone. I went to bed with a comfortable lead on the top spot. I set the alarm for 3:30 (event ended at 4:00) and he/she was still playing. He was ahead of me and I was doing my best to get ahead and he was just a little more successful. I only slept for four hours that night prior to the alarm going off so it was not that I took the full 8 hours recommended. Had it been the other way around he would have not beaten me or I would have saved my resources for another day's battle

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I have never been awake when an event ends, I just push harder early on & when I am awake. Waiting til the end to push is kind of begging to get beat...

17. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

might be 2 PM EST, the clock showed 23 H 59 M left at this time today

18. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I based my initial conclusion on the counter reading 24 hours when it was 1pm, but it looks like it just wasn't listing the additional minutes until it got below 24 hours.

19. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

good luck with your hatches in this event everyone

Sandini likes this.
  20. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

I'll keep my golden tickets for Matilda. Got 30 silvers stacked and maybe use one golden. Thats max I am willing to sacrify

Epic Buttstomp likes this.