1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golden ticket for Arena!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 16, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I was under the assumption that they will be rolling out more new Sports birds...

2. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Remix :)

Really nice brief you did - yet you seem to SKIP all NEW birds that might be added... Even just for the sake of the forthcomimg World Cup... Since it's always global event and so football (soccer) being THE MOST popular team sport on the planet, I am pretty sure that Rovio will launch some special bird(s) to celebrate this for every fan of Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski etc.

So... People might not need to use any ticket(s) to get the birds you specified, as I assume that MAJORITY of players already have them all, or at least the most... While peps might get some tickets to stash - just for the upcoming NEW events with NEW birds...

Cheers,

W

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

PvP league ends several hours before the event does, so it's possible they want it for Matilda.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Also, newer players that still need 5* birds will put a premium on a Gold Ticket over Prestige Totems.

As I said before, Rovio puts it's energy into the player group that it thinks is most likely to actually spend $$ (new to mid-level players). Generally that will not be well established players that prefer Prestige Totems over Tickets...

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, they actually listened to players & changed the top Arena from a GT back to some PT. But 4th place is a GT & 5th place is 7 ST, so that's weird...

It's going to make a group of 3 battling on top & the rest will be fighting for 4th & 5th.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

So, having played half a day now with the "Reduced Pig Damage" format. It sucks just as bad s the Strong Pigs did. All it does is slow the battle down by a turn or more as killing them also does significantly less damage to the opposing team. Not sure if that is what they intended but if so, they really have their heads up their a$$es even more than normal. Slowing down battles while making them easier to win is simply torturing established players, especially during a Larger League event when faster wins are crucial...

7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I completely disagree with that assessment - sure, the matches last a turn or two longer on average, but the damage from killing pigs doesn't seem particularly reduced to me (I think you've underestimated just how much the attacks from the pigs was helping), and that intangible "fun" quality is not in any way diminished; strong pigs was such a slog because it prolonged fights by a significant margin (1 out of 100 regular matches might last 5 shots, while pretty much every match with that rule was averaging 8-10 minimum) and because the health boost made it feel as if you were doing nothing with your team that would ordinarily burst pigs like confetti.

Reduced Pig Damage is so much better than Strong Pigs that it's not even funny - I would happily have this rule set applied indefinitely if it meant they never EVER brought Strong Pigs back.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

No, I knew people would say that but if you pay attention to the opponents health bar when you wipe out all 5 pigs, it is only reducing about 50-60% of what it was with normal pigs.
    Example: my Chuck, QB or Matilda used to reduce the opponents health bar by about 40-50% but now it's only going down about 25% at most. PERHAPS its slightly different from 1 server to the next but I doubt it.

For me, it's taking about the same length of time with these pigs as it did with the stronger pigs (except the format that has 3 pigs). An average of almost 2 extra turns which adds up to a lot of extra time each day to stay near the top of such a big league.
    I know that teams are also a bit stronger now as well since we have all been increasing power but I am talking about the difference from last weeks arena to this one...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I am now convinced there is some sort of intermittent bug this week (at least on my server). I have had several instances of 0 damage coming off the opponents health bar after killing several pigs. I have never seen that before & it is dragging some battles out way too long...

Additionally, post update 1.18, same issue but now the opposing team (same or lower power than me) can take 60% off of my health bar by killing just 3-4 pigs. WTF?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018