1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future of A.B.E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemixFTW, Apr 14, 2019.

1. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

With more people starting to leave and no updates that make the game more enjoyable, what do you think will happen to the game in the future?

2. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

very intriguing question, I think the game will prevail if they create either real-time interactive content or make the level differences less significiant between players, ultimately the game should be more revolved around stratagems in gameplay than who has the higher level has the upper hand, see here is the issue I see with collectable rpgs, there needs to be a constant supply of new characters at intervals into the game for complexity to occur, without real-time combat elements, the game will get stale relatively quickly as the meta is very firm

3. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Super Cool Bird

I think it will continue on in the same fashion it has for the last year. They are still adding new birds and the new awakening update was a hat tip to the old players. There can only be so many combos of birds hitting pigs, that may be why players get bored and look for the next new thing.

With the new movie coming out it may attract some new players/revenue and maybe they will add new stuff to hook them for awhile while keeping the old folks around too.

Iggy McPork and Redwing like this.
  4. Buds

Buds Motherflocker

With that, I think there would be a special event where they could put all the Film Set birds in the hatchery at once for a special time, whilst giving them all a major boost for a special long event. After all, it makes sense, considering it's Angry Birds promoting... well, Angry Birds.

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

AB2 have been going for way longer with essentially the same thing. And more way OP items.

6. Nyk

Nyk Motherflocker

Revenue will continue to drop and Rovio will give up on it like they did with Bad Piggies. In about 3 years or so they will shutter the game due to lack of revenue.

Clown Von Shoes likes this.
  7. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

that being said, ultimately every game will reach a state of EOL, so is money worth dumping into a (soon to be deceased) game for when that day comes, everything your devoted will be erased from history, and then your mind

essentially, you are purchasing happiness and enjoyment for a set duration, but is it really worth it

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  8. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Super Cool Bird

Negative Nancy!! :) (i kidd)

As long as it takes in enough to keep a couple of programmers employed recycling levels we can be here ten years from now talking about how hard it was “back in the day”

9. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

can that really be considered fun, or enjoyable, as I aforementioned, without real-time complexity, the game will eventually lose its playerbase,

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

and that has been spouted for 2 years already...

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  11. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Super Cool Bird

All entertainment purchases are a limited time enjoyment.
    If your enjoying it at the time then its worth it.. there much worse things people could be throwing money at for limited time enjoyment

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  12. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

Even long running Free-To-Play games on PC and console need to dream up new ideas to keep people from leaving forever.

13. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

With the release of version 2 Rovio has already signalled it in this for the medium to long haul, before version 2 we were at a crossroads were they could have shuttered up and gave in or invested and committed to building the game.. they made their choice, they released version 2. There is no point in speculating about when or if the game is going under, all games end. Enjoy it while it's still here and stop dragging everyone else down with negativity and speculation about what the game needs because end of the day there is no way to keep all players happy. So if you like what the game is currently offering then great, have a great time playing.. if you don't like what it's currently offering then leave and maybe come back if it gets around to being what you want it to be.. just leave us happy players playing the game without your constant whining. And for those looking for more real time aspects to the game, I don't know how many more ways I can say this but.. ABEs servers can't handle that type of game play.. if you want real time gaming.. go play a game with real time game play.. stop trying to foist your opinion of the best game play on a game with weak servers that will NEVER be able to handle it.
    Now if you'll excuse me im away to play my "futureless.. soon to be dead.. waste of money" game.

14. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

I am sorry, but if rovio did it with battle bay, there is no reason it cant be applied here, NEVER is quite a strong word, I do think their concern is porting the game into such framework and memory optimizations, not that thye can not do it

I think battle bay in its entirety is a experiment from rovio with real-time combat

15. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

I admit my views are flawed, philosophically it is sound but given our universe is finite, there is no point in identifying absolute concepts in a finite world

16. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

I CAN and DO say with a definite that ABEs servers will NEVER be able to handle real time aspects, they couldn't even handle PvP rules with no real time pressures. Oh and please note I said ABEs servers.. not Rovios.. so yes Battle Bay can handle it but I can guarantee they have much better servers than ABE, their entire set up is different than ABE, you need to remember that different games operate on different budgets and strategies. ABEs goes on animation and development of a game brought about after the success of the movie, Battle Bays goes on furthering their work with real time games after the failure of AB Epic.
    Also we are not talking philosophically or about finite universes.. we are talking about a games company and their likely transitions in the future given their past actions and everything we have been through after over 2 years of game play. There's no need for philosophies, finite universes or over analysing.

A. Wolf likes this.
  17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

To add onto Tiger's totally on point points...
    Randomly bringing up infinite or finite universe concepts or whatever your trying to espouse is a waste of everyone's time in a forum meant to help players with a game as it exists...
    PLEASE stick to the real world & leave your otherworldly wishes in your head. LOL