1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Frozen" Battles Possible Solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I've had my game "freeze" a few times when playing a battle. It's usually when I use Ricky Red's Blizzard Blast, the game will stick with his tornado still whirling (sometimes even increasing the combo endlessly. I got it to over 250 combo hits once). However I started experiencing the sticking/freezing during this event as well. I've managed to unfreeze it fairly consistently several times since Ricky's release by doing the following:

When the game sticks and the gameplay will no longer respond, I hit the autoplay button. At this point the game should begin fast forwarding x2 but still be frozen. I then hit the pause button with the autoplay still going. I've found that you have to wait at a minimum about 5-10 seconds before closing the pause menu. When you do this, it causes the game to conduct a self check and advance itself. Sometimes it advances only one instruction, and other times it unfreezes entirely. If it only advances a little bit, I turn off autoplay wait a few seconds and then turn it back on, pause, wait 5, unpause and repeat until it usually begins working again. I had to do this 10 times in the dungeon once but it eventually unfroze.

This cycle works for me just about every time. I'm not 100% sure why exactly it works, but it does. I really think the autoplay has a self-check feature that causes the game to cycle when you unpause. The downside to this (still better than closing the battle entirely) is that sometimes the game plays one of my birds before I can turn the autoplay off. It's not perfect, but it works for me and has saved me dozens of times in the arena, dungeons, and event battles.

For metrics, I always run the latest game patch on my Galaxy S9+, vanilla Android. Your results may vary.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

unfortunately, 9/10 of my freezes are actual freezes that prevent any action other than restarting the game. But, when it is the way you describe w animation still happening, another trick is to hit the back function on your phone which asks if you want to quit. if you hit No, it often corrects...

3. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I'll have to try that. It's probably way faster than my method. How did you discover that?

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

just out of frustration w so many freezes way back when

5. CRSK

CRSK Hatchling

For me it happens on the cartwheel level (unlucky for me lvl80), especially after using father's frost ss. Best run without freezing: wave 5
    And I tried all the sugesitions to trick the game to "unfreeze". Really frustrating - pretty easy event but buggy game.

6. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

What has worked for me when it freezes with animation still happening/looks like it's still running/birds not moving forward for the next shot is:

Move my hand away from the top of my phone (that's where the wifi chip/antenna is), aim it towards my router and then press/click onto a bird. Works most of the time unless it's on the load/exit screen and the animation stops.