1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions regarding newly published ''code of conduct''...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witkacy [PL], Jun 2, 2018.

1. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Afternoon, Rovio's staff :)

I've just read with interest just published ''code of conduct''... Few things been wondering me and since the thread has been locked immediately to cut any potential disscussion and block possible questions and so replies - I'll post them here:

''Of course, the obvious rule of thumb is: Don’t cheat and play fair! It’s that simple.''

This one just applies to us, humble players or been set as obligatory to Rovio towards the players as well?

''Regarding emulator usage:

The game intended to be downloaded from either google play or itunes. Downloading via third party, is not supported or condoned.
    We cannot guarantee you support, we cannot guarantee you will not be banned. Play on an emulator at your own risk''

What do you mean, you give me no support and THREAT me with ban as I use emulator and play LEGITIMATELY on your game, which was downloaded OFFICIALLY from google play store, using MY OWN ACCOUNT there? I play on emulator just BECAUSE OF YOU - and your requirements of the game... My tablet's system NOT meets these (it's rooted and kept the system Android 4.4 on purpose... I won't be changing this or buy new stuff just because of your game)... So I have the choice to play using emulators, or DEINSTALL the game immediately after being threaten like I just be doing something very bad...

Cheers,
    W

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Lol... How exactly would a suspended player contact them through the in game support when they cant get into the game?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I blasted them fairly quickly.

1st comment:
    Can we please please please make this Flockaballooza playable by lowering the requirements to achievable level asap? [​IMG]Divide the amounts by 3 will do the trick. Once most regular players can accomplish the results they will stop complaining about why certain players/clans get up there with multiple times the amount of event tokens regular players can get, and done all that within few hours of start time. It is not too late as there are still 9 days with 1 scout per hour. Berries are long gone by now.

2nd comment (reply to Rovio answer for someone else):
    Most of think all those players and their top clans who sit up there every week are cheaters. Since they are cheating with their "credit cards" Rovio couldn't care since the $$ cheats pay bills. They can have Lil Pecker. The rest of us regular grinders want achievable event requirements. Divide the requirements by 3.

--------------------

Do you ever see in professional sports that someone complain against a loosing team or player? No, never. Complaints fly against you when you are leading / winning. Most of the FB complaints will disappear if Rovio just group those diehard top clans and thier members together in their own arenas and event leaderboards. We won't complain if we go against players of comparable scores and end up loosing, just like the old days of beach brawls, pirate events, and smaller arenas.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I don't understand why anyone says this? Paying to advance in any game is NOT CHEATING, you may not like it but it is not cheating at all. There are a percentage of people out there who will & do spend tons of $$ every month on games. You see the same ones on top every week because they are those people. There might me some actual cheaters as well, but complaining about spenders & calling them cheaters makes no sense at all.
    FWIW, I DO NOT PAY Rovio anything since they broke the game a long time ago but it really bothers me when people are co closed minded about this & falsely accusing others with no proof...

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

"Pay to Win" or "Wallet Warriors" are never liked by fellow players even in more serious games like World of Warships (on PC), World of Tanks (Console + PC). The game publisher couldn't care less.

PolarBearCabal likes this.
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Liked or not, they are not cheating by paying for things in game & saying they are is simply wrong.
    Lol... I cant believe I am actually advocating for Pay to Win players. :rolleyes:

Of coarse game publishers want people to pay to win. That's the whole point of publishing a game that has purchase options.
    If you owned a business selling hats would you discourage someone from buying 1,000 of them just because the average person only buys 1 or 2?

Having said all of that, the games that are most successful are the ones that strike a balance for all players, the core players who spend very little & the extremophiles. Way overpricing gems that essentially generate crapshoot, piss-poor odds & rewards like Rovio does obviously does not work in the long run economically. Making the gems more affordable & the rewards more attainable for everyone is the answer. Knowing what you will get within reason for your $$ is a big component in making players feel comfortable spending some $$. Not to mention the expectation by players that a game will perform as advertised without a ton of errors & bugs is essential for a successful game...
    Rovio absolutely misses the mark on these basic concepts.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Kenv47 likes this.
  7. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Well i had hoped id seen the last of the Cheaters Vs Payers debate for a while, but nooo Rovio had to open this can of worms.. o_O

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Sorry Tiger, I couldn't help it after reading that... :oops:

9. Tigerangels42038

Lol no worries, i went on flockers for a bit earlier, took me 5 mins before i wanted to batter my head against a brick wall lol, after that i went back to spending berries on gold day, still didnt get enough unfortunately :)

10. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

I seriously hope they dont start banning players on emulators.. I dont get why its even an issue.. im not cheating or doing anything different.. just the device is different?...and like you said, I got it in Google play.. just like on my phone?
    My 2nd accout, which im using to run my 2nd clan is on an emulator.. so I dont have to log in and out of 2 accounts all the time.. and Its easier for me to keep track of everything for both clans on my computer than it is on my phone.. its just for convenience.. so whats the problem?

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  11. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

It could be that it’s much easier to install mods onto a emulator than a app. But I think that they should only ban you for using a emulator if you’re actually using it to cheat and not play legitmently. It just isn’t fair at all for people with low-end devices.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

And you still have to get the game through Google Play, no?

Lenaj76 likes this.
  13. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Oh, The only thing I even use it for it is google play.. (have games for my daughter) so maybe its just meant for players that cheat? I dont even know how to cheat..

14. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Yea.. its from google play.

15. Tigerangels42038

Emulators are just that, they are programs that emulate smart phones, you can do everything and anything a phone or tablet can do. So you can download from google play and use a legit version of the game and play normally like a good gamer or you can install an illegal hacked version of the game just like cheaters and hackers do on their phones and tablets. At its core, emulators arent bad things just like phones and tablets arent bad things, it comes down to how you use them.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  16. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

I did get an answer in VIP chat..
    "They can bypass limitations put in place by the game, they provide cheat codes (even if you don’t use the cheats ) it still has the capability, and can unlock other portions of the game that aren’t allowed to be used until earned. In the games outlook it’s preventative to ban them"

17. Tigerangels42038

Yes they can bypass them.. just like any phone or tablet can bypass them.. The cheat codes, the hacks, every back door into the game would have first been made on a phone or tablet, otherwise why make it in the 1st place.. how many players play on an emulator versus playing on a phone or tablet that would make it worth their time to make the hack specific to an emulator? I work in the mobile phone industry i know how to build and fix phones, ive seen all the software hacks available on phones, if you want to hack a game, there is no need for an emulator, they already know how to do it through their phones

A. Wolf and Lenaj76 like this.
  18. Kenv47

Kenv47 Hatchling

Ah, it's refreshing to see someone who really gets it!! I applaud you. I have spent a lot of money on this game, &I really did not mind doing it when the game was fun. You used to get 10x tickets from premium chests, you used to be able to get a 5* bird somewhat reasonably. You used to be able to get so many prestige tokens that you would have to sell some to keep from losing them etc. Etc. Right now I have in excess of 220,000 gold just sitting there because I can't get enough tokens to upgrade my birds. Rovio talks about "fair" play, but that obviously only pertains to us the players. I could go on and on, but, I'm sure you get my point.

19. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I have the exact opposite problem myself - I'm perpetually out of gold because it costs so much to use the prestige totems I pick up each week, so I always have more of them then I can ever actually use at any given time.

20. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Remix :)

Just because IT CAN BE DONE to install all kinds of ''suspiscious'' thingies it DOESN'T mean all peps would cheat right away, casue they can, right? I've meet with such ''friendly'' approach for the first time and played DOZENS of various games... On phone, tablet, PlayStation... Sure I am aware that may be some kind of old-fashioned dinosaur, who always play fair and not use cheats, simply because cheats = no fun...
    As for the device - it's NOT lower end - I just like to gear up any device that I am using, just to fit me and work how I LIKE it to work and meet MY expectations... I don't need all those crap which is installed nowadays EVERYWHERE... And noone would be telling me how to use my stuff, just because it's MINE...

Cheers,
    W