1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra Nightmare stages?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buds, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I have the jets in 1 of the levels and solid "railway hell" for 84 and 85.
    I used this team after scouring the bottom of the barrel to get Master Beast to 100. That mega nova is more powerful once the pigs are weakened.

[​IMG]

2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I had to go back and read the write up. You only get the fireballs when you kill a pig. So the more you kill the more you kill. Also the more critical you add up the more dame it does too

3. Epic Buttstomp

With the fireball evo I usually don't use that Beast until there are few pigs (at least the small ones) within the 1 hit kill level and they have to be close enough to each other. I managed to get Fireball Beast clean the wave few times with the chain reaction. That can get nasty. I need to time it right with 2 Beasts. If I cannot kill those whose attack counter about to go 0 I need to CC them. With that health I can survive some of the big hits and stay alive enough to continue.

4. Melchid

Melchid Tiny Birdy

Any tips to farm gold? I really need advice on this

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

sell ALL rage & anger totems.
    If you have a 4* or 5* prestiged already that you KNOW you wont use, sell em. Get 4*'s up to P4 1st (only if they are already at at least level 80).

6. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

I actually had some luck for once, in level 85 that TnT pig saved me on a wave by blowing up one of the behemoth pigs that had an attack counter of 1. But I agree with you on the stupid decision that the actual explosion does more damage than his actual attack.

7. Epic Buttstomp

As opposed to what A.Wolf suggested I usually keep my 4-stars and 5-stars. Some 4-stars are actually better than certain 5-stars. The non prestiged 4-stars I keep them at lvl 60 max un-evolved. They become useful when you need to boost some lvl 60 or 80 birds to the next max level.

Unless you know what color the next set of event birds are, sell all the hatches that are 2 and 1 stars for sure. Even the 3 stars get sold frequently. See that Rage totem and blue totem for gold. Keep some gold totems anyway since short of gold usually means no prestiging. Green totem you can keep in the 20s.

8. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

The best way that I've found so far is:
    @Epic Buttstomp There's no difference in an evolved 4* level 40 bird and a level 60 unevolved 4* bird when it comes to leveling up a 5* bird.

This is what I can see from what i have in my inventory:
    Level 60 5* going to 80
    Level 40 4* bird = + 19%
    Level 60 (unevolved) 4" bird = + 19%
    Level 70 4* bird = + 20%

Can't tell you the exact numbers for a level 80 5* bird (I don''t want to evolve Murphy just for this) but I know that the first level 40 4* bird gives you 11%. An unevolved level 60 also gives you 11%. The second level 40 gives you (I think) 6 or 7% and then a couple of shiny 3*'s to get to 100.

For gold farming I do this:

Quick battle a bunch of scouts. I can't seem to keep my scout fruits under 25 for long no matter how hard I try. I'm glad I got my storage up to 200 before gems became such a premium. I usually have ~85/200 in inventory.

Hatch a bunch of birds and use up the friends gifts.

After I do a scout run + hatch I might have over 200 birds to sell/combine.

Combine and sell.

Gold shiny - evolve to 51. The difference in gold is huge.
    Shiny - get to 20 and evolve. Keep for leveling up birds and not for gold.
    ***If trying to get evo materials***
    For 2* and 3* non-shiny birds, drop a 2* on a 2* or a 3* on a 3* and sell. You lose more gold than selling them individually but gain significantly more evo material than selling them individually.
    ***If trying to get gold***
    1*, 2* and 3* birds I just sell unless I use it to level up a 4 or 5* bird. 3* + 1* or 2+ + 2* will get any bird to level 20.

Anger and Rage totems are kind of useless. I have 50 of each that is kind of like my savings account and, as I get new ones I just sell them through messages. Easier than doing them one at a time. If I need to sell them that's 27,500 gold.

The biggest problem I've found with using this method is that now, I have lots of gold, lots of evo material and not enough essence or Prestige totems to actually evolve the birds fast enough. But that's not a bad problem to have :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  9. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I have the same problem. I am very close to 9,000 evo for each color and with exception of yellow I am lacking essence. Prestige totems are not the problem for me. I have not evolved a bird beyond PL7 yet. Have not had a need to do so.

Because of this situation I find myself not dong the random scout battles with the exception of the ones I need for the daily reward. Thus, I do not play anything but the events. I have over 100 4* birds level 51+ No benefit to go higher...don't want to waste essence on the 4* birds. So doing the scout battles I lose everything except the gold.

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I only do scout battles on Saturday since it's gold day. I don't even bother with the daily reward since the event energy completes the silver ticket requirement. Almost all my Evo mats are maxed but I'm short on essence as well. I have zero red, 8 blue, 230 white, 120 black, and 4 yellow. Ive always been short on white birds and I have Matilda as my only 5* white bird. I have numerous of each color except white. But I'm going on 10 prestiged black birds, 5 yellow, 2 blue and 3 red. I could have more blue and red but I don't use them so I focus on black and yellow instead. The new changes have rendered scout battles effectively useless unless you are "scraping the barrel" for evo mats and gold.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

100% truth...

12. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Um... scout battles aren't useless, even when it's not the gold bonus day. Being maxed out on evolution materials is annoying because it feels like you're throwing rewards away, sure, but if you don't do them AT ALL except for the daily tasks or whatever, you're definitely missing out on all of the gold/gems/hatch tickets/PvP tickets/silver tickets/and birds you can turn around and sell for more gold - with the changes to PvP and dungeon payouts/bird sale prices, scout battles are in fact your primary source of income. It makes no sense at all to skip those.
    Combining and selling non-shiny birds meanwhile, if done optimally, is a great way to get substantially more evolution materials than selling them individually would net you. It does not however actually get you more gold: the sale price of the combined bird will be higher than the gold reward for selling the birds individually, sure, but you have to factor in the gold cost you incurred when you fused them into your calculations - after subtracting what you paid, you'll find you made less gold than if you had just sold them individually (but again, substantially less evolution materials so a lot of the time it is still going to be worth doing that unless you just need as much gold as you can get).

13. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I mean they aren't entirely useless, but I have been short on gold exactly once since the MPDC change and the addition of nightmare mode. I don't do any scout battles and I'm usually sitting around 40,000+ gold per week. You can make more money, but now gold isn't the limiting factor, it's essence. I can't level my birds very high without essence, and it only costs about 3000-4000 gold to get a bird to level 100. So, your point is taken, and I agree they aren't useless, per se, but definitely not as important for more senior players. Selling my weekly event and MPDC totems alone pays for my gold costs.

And I think this has been a nice change for the higher level players. Less grinding for those who can get past level 50+

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

completely agree w Gildan.

15. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I guess it just depends on how badly you need certain resources. I'm not hurting for anything in particular except essence. So for me, I have no need to do them. For junior players, they may need them more than I do so they will be more useful.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

naturally we all have our own premium placed on certain aspects of the game depending on what we like to do... nothing wrong with that.

17. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

After looking at what you said I edited my previous post, my math was wrong. Combing birds doesn't net you as much in the long run as you're saying. Only useful for gaining evo materials while still making some gold.

18. Epic Buttstomp

I do scout battles but on the colors I need only. If I know a new black event bird is coming the I will open only the scout locations of that color. Toughest part is to have that flock of birds to level up the event birds quickly. Those take days to build.

19. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

With all the new birds that are coming out, we are gonna need another inventory expansion soon.

20. Luigi

Luigi Hatchling

Clear 85 with this team: Beast P4 SS7, Dr.P P4 SS5, GF P3 SS4, Maltida P4 SS10, Master Beast level 75. 81 to 85 was a breeze