1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution Patch Notes 1.22

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Polen, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Polen

Polen Administrator Staff Member

What’s new in Angry Birds Evolution 1.22?
    Bird Island has been a popular holiday destination for a lot of celebs but when paparazzi leaked that famous stars of Everton FC are also planning to travel down here, flockers have gone mad! Gylfi Sigurdsson, Theo Walcott and Cenk Tosun will visit to catch a break from the gloomy skies of England. In the meantime, Major Pecker has decided to “up” his challenge game by expanding his line to four types of different challenges. Read on to find out more...
    Brand New
    • Everton Event: Prepare yourself for this fast, famous and ripped trio!
      • New birds:
        • Theo Walcott: Known for his incredible speed and ability to pierce his enemies, this yellow pal is not afraid to be at the front!
        • Cenk Tosun: This ambidextrous black bird has explosive powers in a team and is not afraid to strike the enemy left and right.
        • Gylfi Sigurdsson: The blue “Sea Giant” of Everton is literally everywhere in the field, a total nightmare for the enemy..
    • Major Pecker’s “Upped” Daily Challenges:
      • MPDC is unlocked earlier now - Major moved down to Yellow Region from Red Region.
      • He also created 4 challenge types, where you can earn whatever you’re in need of:
        • Gold Challenge
        • Evolution Challenge
        • Level Up Challenge
        • Skill Challenge
      • 2 challenge types are active everyday and you’ll have two free entries to each.
      • Sunday is the challenge bonanza - all challenges are open to public!
      • Finish a challenge, try the next and collect more Snouts and better rewards.
      • Fight together with your clan and collect clan rewards on the side. Sweet!
    • Unlock changes:
      • Daily Challenge available from mid of Yellow Region
      • Dungeons and Arena is available at Level 25.
    • Global balancing changes for Daily Challenge: Play the brand new “Gold Challenge” and you’ll end up with more gold than before:
      • Selling birds now gives you 25% less Gold
      • Dungeons now give less Gold
    Fixes and more fixes
    Living on an island is all nice and chill, but it also means lots of bugs you need to smash! Here’s some species of bugs we killed with a bug zapper this time:
    • Grandfather frost is behaving normally, since we fixed his targeting behaviour for good.
    • Ricky “Red Menace” Redtzky'’s Super Shot was so cool that it freezed the Red dungeon from time to time.. We took care of this situation and told him to be less cool, please.
    • When you opened up Event Island for the first time for a new event, the last stage you selected from the previous event was still selected… So stubborn...We made it so that it resets between events so it doesn’t look that clingy.

Shaggy Phoenix and RNGesus like this.
  2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

• Selling birds now gives you 25% less Gold
    • Dungeons now give less Gold (Half as much)

TOTAL BS!!!!

3. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

We'll wait and see if Rovio made the "gold challenge" actually good and rewarding or useless and underwhelming.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

No way it can make up for what they just took from us.

5. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

I personally don't see why birds' gold worth had to be reduced. I mean, they gave little gold as it was to begin with, so what was even the point?

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Exactly the issue, how much worse can they make things? I never thought they would do that one. I expected raising the bird gold if anything someday...

7. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

I just saw a comment on ABE's Facebook saying that they're glad about the gold reduction and that 30 gold for a 3* was way too generous.

8. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Your kidding??! Was it from someone that normally contributes to flockers or a new player?

9. John Johnson

John Johnson Hatchling

The fact it is every other day and you can only do 2 a day/area what good is it? The first two boards net you 150 gold... if you start from board 1 every week... Gee thanks I get a whole 150g first day, 3rd day 500g... gee thanks.
    This is a way of trying to get us to spend more RL money... I'm 80% sure I'm quitting next week. I will try it, but they shouldn't have released it till beginning of the next week instead of middle of week.

10. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Not sure, but it’s insane someone actually likes the gold reduction.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Obviously a Rovio plant. They do that all the time on there. Gush about changes that NO ONE likes.
    Reminds me of Trump. Say something super ridiculous enough times & people start to blindly parrot it...

12. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Not me for sure. I have few flaming replies there already. But there are always the possibility of k155-a55 from flockers or Rovio employee in disguise to post certain stuff.

Here is a fan boy post:
    https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/notes/angry-birds-evolution/evolution-patch-notes-122/2157669001222957/?comment_id=2162610637395460&include_parent=false

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  13. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It can't work that way, or at least not in the way you're worried about: with 2 attempts at each challenge per day and 12 tiers to unlock for the Gold challenge, if the number of entries we can have on Sunday is still capped to 2, literally nobody will ever be able to unlock those tiers by the end of each week because there are only 8 attempts total over the course of the week. So Sunday is either completely unlimited (and then it resets on Monday), or Sunday is still 2 per day but progress is kept from week to week.

The distant, pipe dream 3rd option is that progress is saved and Sunday is also unlimited entry, but at least 1 or the 2 scenarios I presented above has to be how it works because there are just too many tiers otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    RNGesus likes this.
  14. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

Cheap, cheap, cheap. What little was given has now been reduced..... And hate Major PECKER! Apt name.

15. Victor Couto

Victor Couto Hatchling

ABSOLUTE BS!!!! Sergeant Peckers Daily Challenge sucks ....we all lost on this update. They have also neglected to state that they have reduced the gem rewards for the PVP battles at end of week. miniscule compared to what we got before.... even if you were at the bottom the the leader board. Has anyone also noticed that it is more likely to hit the pig in eagle mountain. cant hit floor 10 without at lease hitting the pig twice. (70 gems for floor 10 ....absolutely not worth it) !!!! This game is really starting to suck.

16. RNGesus

RNGesus Hatchling

They really need to buff the gold rewards for the gold challenge and/or change the amount of tickets only for the gold challenge from 2 to 4.
    That way, they can actually come close to giving back the gold they took away from us. Otherwise, they should increase the gold for selling birds back to how it was.

Otherwise, I actually like the update, because the new birds seem quite good, assuming the fact that their evolutions will change the bird's super shot for the better.

EDIT: They also need to remove the quick play option for the daily challenge because otherwise, it won't be much of a challenge anymore.

17. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

From my perspective, end of week PvP gem rewards haven't changed at all, as that only effected positions on the leaderboard below the top 5. Also that was not a change tied to this update, it had already been like that all of last week before the update even hit. As for Eagle Mountain, yesterday I made it to floor 23 without hitting a pig - there are good days and there are bad days, more often than not I end the run without ever paying any gems to continue because a pig appeared before I'd accumulated anything worth spending even a measly 20 gems to keep; when Eagle Mountain is paying out though they've upped the rewards significantly - I called that run at floor 43 and left with 2k+ gold and 16 silver tickets (plus who cares how much evolution materials and essence, it's not like either of those are hard to get).

I vehemently disagree with that, the daily challenge hadn't been much of a challenge for ages, and it didn't really matter how well you did past a certain point because you would always need to spend 100 gems to reach the end of your personal reward track; it was just a big time sink. Letting us skip that entirely is a distinct improvement.

18. RNGesus

RNGesus Hatchling

I guess that makes sense... But soon it should change from Mr. Pecker's Daily Challenge to Mr. Pecker's Daily Quick Battle.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

But, you CAN chose to play it manually if you feel you need to spent the time... no big deal at all

20. Victor Couto

Victor Couto Hatchling

Firstly I used to get 700 gems weekly in the PVP end of week and no where near the top 5 ...this week I got a measly 140 gems .....which absolutely sucks. Secondly the changes to the daily challenge no where makes up for the reduction in gold in the Dungeon battles nor the selling of unneeded birds . ..do The math. Thirdly where did you ever see EM pay out gold tickets below floor 52...are you playing the same version. Rovio is setting it up so we deplete our stock of both Gold and Gems in hopes that the die hards will spend real coin to purchase.....ITS ALL ABOUT GREED.