1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

The updated guide at last

3. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Interesting. It seems very few of the regular hatch 5* birds have 'Bird Villan' tags. So how does Rovio think players will ever move past L10 of MPDC's Skill Challenge if they have no intention of regularly changing the 5*+'Tag' requirement?

4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Buy the event birds.

5. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, but they need to actually sell them. Even if they did run a few Bird Villain events, the current lottery is no guarantee. Just looking at their FB pages, and it seems they've lost the trust of about 1/4 of the active players by not ensuring everyone had very high chances of hatching Master Carson. That's going to hurt future silver ticket deals for them.

6. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Are you sure it's because they made it a lottery and not a guarantee if you finish the final event stage. I still think it was a bait and switch. And they had the audacity to say it was the Russians fault. They could inform us of the event a week in advanced and players would be way happier, and not just because they were "lied to" , but because they were INFORMED. Happy players spend more money, Rovio.

7. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

No, that was based on comments made in the last 2 days of the events. Players that are ~30x and have only hatched 4* Carson, thus not placated by the warm purple glow of a 2 Master bird event. I'm starting to suspect that the increased hatching odds were just for the first 24 hours - another bait and switch to push up ticket sales.

What you're referring to was unquestionably the majority of players leading up to the event going live and within the first few hours. What remains to be seen is what effect Master Carson has had on those numbers. It's kind of hard to guage since they do have the ability to remove comments from their FB page, but it does seem that comments shifted to a more positive tone as 5* and Master Carson were hatched. That's not to say the damage hasn't already been done. You only have to look at Rovio's actions (increased boost to +400%, increased intial hatch to 25x) to see they knew they were caught red-handed.

8. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I got a notification an hour before the event started saying "game settings have been updated, please reload the app" . Seems like a last minute call on their part, and probably answers why the "it's the Russian hackers fault" Facebook post.

9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Definitely. It's like I said earlier in the 'Intel' thread, us having some foreknowledge of this particular event really bunched their knickers for them. Though, I really don't see how suddenly changing the format was going to piss people off any less if they'd been able to spring it on us without warning. Maybe it was the damage control they had to do to try and preserve that initial rush of panicked event deal buying. I did see a lot of people got offered the 'starter' deal combo for the firsrt package this event. Contrast this to the last few events where package 1 has been around $7-$10.

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Carson is an extremely popular bird for many many reasons. Besides looking cool, his SS is awesome and he is a 4* which makes leveling and evolving so much easier. Plus he can be hatched with FREE tickets, regardless of how rare. And as probably the only 4* bird that can truly hang in the arena, his popularity hasn't declined.

I think you're absolutely right about damage control. You can't let people get accurate info from one source for 2+ months and then suddenly Crack down without expecting repercussions. Given Carsons popularity, they should have seen this coming.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Actually, that theory is not new at all. We have generally found that very early & very late in event are the best hatching odds. Not with huge consistency but after almost a year, i have certainly seen this enough to believe it.

12. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I had noticed similar with past events, though for me it's often been gold tickets late in the event that have been the most successful. This event, Rovio made a fairly big show about reducing the difficulty of hatching Carson. No mention of it being for a limited time and nothing to catagorically state this was only for 4* Carson. I think this was intentional in order to make players think that odds of hatching 5* and Master Carson were very good this event. Seemed to work to, since every person who posted on facebook that they didn't hatch 5* or Master has at least one person who did replying to them with the usual lines about timesX not being a guarantee, luck of the draw, etc... Really, you'd think if Rovio were sincere, then hatching shouldn't fall back to old patterns. Of course, that doesn't allow the timer to pressure players into buying a pack for the tickets.

13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

That 'Russian hackers' excuse has really been bothering me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it until now. Previously, I'd just assumed that the leaks were from someone in Rovio's PTR group. But if they are being 100% honest and all the images we've seen have been from a hacked version of the game, that means events are preloaded to the game, and are just waiting for an activation signal. That bit, I find credible, as I've had the bug where completing a scouted PVP takes you to Event Island, even though the Event isn't live yet. I hadn't thought Rovio would preload that far in advance that we would have almost 2 weeks notice. But this also indicates the client side of the game has more game information than the server side. This is avery backwards way of doing things, and most MMO's these days tend to be more serverside than cientside, often with client being regarded as an untrustworthy source. This might explain why Rovio is often very quick to duck-shove blame back to players - they have no real way of knowing if a client error is their fault, or from it being modified in other ways.

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

The guy who has been leaking the info was using an Android emulator, MEmu. I think your theory is pretty credible. If Rovio hadn't said "hacked version," I would continue to think that it was a developer or something. But given what they said, maybe there is more info in the client.

Redwing and Cowboysfan like this.
  15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I never took it that way... i assumed they were specifically referring to the 4* Carson hatch as they at least pretended to start everyone at 25x for that first hatch

Cowboysfan likes this.
  16. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Probably more due to word poverty that comes with posting on social media, but the sentence after addressing 4* Carson's hatch difficulty can be read two ways. Either "5* Carson and Master Carson are not run of the mill common hatches, so don't expect them to be any easier to get than any other 5*" or, if reading it in context to the previous sentence, "these two birds aren't like the rest of the 5* hatches you normally do since we've reduced the difficulty". The intern or other goat they staked to the rock should have used clear language and simply stated that this 'making it easier' only applies to 4* Carson. Yep, that would have pissed people off, but it would have warded off a few angry post-event comments from players who got the second interpretation of their statement. But, I suppose it probably is expecting too much that Rovio could get something as simple as clear communication right.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yes, 50% of frustrations i assume come from lack of communication & improperly described details...
    And, that is SOO easy to fix for free. They just have no desire to do it.

18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

@RemixFTW , can you sticky this please. It's up to date including beast.

19. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Don’t have the power to pin posts, but I’ll link it on the pinned guide post.

20. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Really??? That seems like it'd be in your tool kit. Thanks for editing and updating it though!