1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Rewards got NERFED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Seems the gem nerf kind of corresponds to the increase in energy rewards. I wonder which it was it - players spending too many free gems on recharges, or people not buying enough gem packs...?

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Most of the people in my clan are spending gems to get extra energy so they can get to the 10K asap, and use the energy regeneration to get to 12K and beyond. So if they give us extra energy then we may not need to buy that way.

3. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Id guess too many not buying packs, they dont want us to have that many free gems to spend on other things, so they have converted them into energy instead to ensure thats what they are used for. Ill need to work out the numbers but i might not come out of the new reeards too badly, i bought a lot of energy to make up for players taking time off, going on holiday etc

RNGesus likes this.
  4. Tigerangels42038

Thats what we did as well, only with my nephews i asked them to try to go as far as possible to level 50 then once they hit a wall push their score to 10k

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

isnt it actually less gems by 100 or so from last week?

6. Tigerangels42038

Ive got 250 personal, 75 clan & 100 in levels this event. Last event i was 175 personal, clan 50 but i dont remember how many for levels, if it was the same as this event then we have gained 100, as far as i can tell.

7. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

Hate that they didnt return the rewards as they were but i like that they put more into energy.
    We as a clan are getting much better contributing from all members, before people were hording the gems obtained instead of using them to help the clan get to the 600k for the event. Last week we hit the 600k with 40 of 50 members hitting over 10k.. first time we had more than 30 hit that mark forcing the rest of us to hit 20k or more to compensate.
    I hit level 48 with the initial 100 energy and 50 daily rewards then whatever was won in event .. previously i would have spent 200 or more gems to get to that point in a straight run

I think this may backfire on rovio.. all of our members are not spending real money on gems as well as refusing to watch video ads yet still hitting top prizes.

8. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Hopefully they learn soon.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

My clan was the most balanced i have EVER seen it last week as well in reference to event play.

Mr. Anderson likes this.
  10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I'm experiencing the exact opposite. Our clan is struggling just to keep our clan egg active. No one wants to donate without the gem perks.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I specifically said in reference to EVENT play.

Agreed, the perks are a mess with no Gems...

12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I misread your post.

We haven't had much change. I think this week may be different though. We already have several members over 3000 points and a few over 4000. Getting to level 50 may be easier, but getting higher will be a lot harder. It usually takes me about 2 days to get to level 50 and today I hit it by 4pm.

13. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The first few levels after 50 aren't substantially harder, since they lowered the power rating of the first 50 stages by a good margin so the initial batch of stages are mostly ramping up to the point where you would have already been in previous events. The multiple waves per stage is where it gets tricky.

The good thing is that the reward in event doodads is fixed from stage 50 onward, so quick battling for a while until you can get replacement team members up to par doesn't actually cost you anything overall in terms of personal/clan event reward progress; they've also made it way more convenient to do that now with the revamped quick battle interface. My biggest gripe is hiding the actual challenge level of 51-80, so we have no real way to know going in if our teams are up to the challenge.

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I completely agree. Though I will say, 10x anger and SS totems is actually awesome. If you need you can get them, but if not it's an easy 2,500 gold. It just sucks when your team barely breaks 70k points and the thunderdome nerf that means I can't control several piggies now for two turns.

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

69 is where it really starts to get hard. (no pun intended...lol)

RNGesus likes this.
  16. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

HA ... i see what you did there

I find my regular team is much more effective than trying to throw in p3 or 4 "buffed" birds even though the base points is lower. The beefed up SS on them is worth much more than the buffs on a crappy SS bird

17. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Worst thing about those 51+ levels are THE WOODEN WALLS at start. With the walls you cannot attack effectively with Chuck on turn 2 unless you can dismantle some.

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

So, looks like they finally fixed the QB Buff. Much easier this morning going through the 70's...