1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Rewards got NERFED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Yes but last event had an elite bird. This event does not. ...correct?

2. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Yeah. It just shows that if they offer decent birds more people will spend money. Give the players what they want.

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

We all know you will have to blow out your credit cards if you want to contest for that Elite Bird. Yes we people who claim they "know" those people and no $$ was spent, sure buddy. Do your math and you know the impossibility of that.

4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

There are those that deny that there are big spenders, but then I see comments on the ABE Facebook page that say "I spent thousands of dollars on this game, but no more! You lost a paying customer with these crappy event rewards. I'm deleting the game." For those who deny that people spend that much money, I personally can attest it's true. I got my mom into the game a few months ago and she has spent nearly $30 each event for the last 12+ weeks, plus, when she has no gems for eagle mountain, she buys gem packs. She has spent hundreds in Eagle mountain alone. I actually feel bad for introducing her to the game but about 2 weeks ago she realized how much she was spending and hasn't spent a dime since. It's amazing the power of addiction.

The top player last event had 600k+ event points. Divide it by 850 (a full refill of 100 energy at level 85) and you wind up with ~705 energy refills. Multiply that by 100 gems each and you have 70,500 gems. It's not impossible to save that many, but it's also the same people every week in the top 50. You can't save 70k+ gems if you are spending them every week. Unless you are buying them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    A. Wolf likes this.
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Back to the topic, sort off....
    The lack of response by Rovio in the FB page is deafening!!! :eek::mad: Usually there are some scripted responses by now saying we are all hallucinating. Not this time. None of the fan boys are present.

A. Wolf likes this.
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

The app store ratings are totally bogus... they are clearly not accurate

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yup & no snarky responses implying that the changes are fair & permanent... I think they will be changing it within the next week or 2...

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

During my time as an involuntary lurker on this forum, I've seen a few interesting discussions about the superhuman abilities of the most involved players when it comes to racking up phenomenal scores in the opening hours of events. I guess Rovio decided to detune things this time so they don't have to work as hard ;)

9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yep, dipped a toe in the water, got it bitten off by a school of angry fish, went back to their marketing brains trust with the results.

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I fixed it for you ;)

Redwing likes this.
  11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

But theres no elite bird this week, so its normal for the spending / top score chasing to die down...

12. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Don't take this as a defense of these changes, but the previous rewards gave you 25 energy for exactly 2 of the early stages, so while the energy rewards now are mostly in smaller increments, there's more energy overall being rewarded (I believe the math worked out to exactly twice as much).

It actually wasn't a picture from the previous event, but it looked like it was because the formatting was off and was listing everything on the first line, which turned out to be an error with the initial splash screen they'd made across the board (and then later fixed before the event went live, just like how the splash screen for this event initially had Bomb, Terrence, and Red listed as getting the boost, instead of Matilda).

13. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

The energy is more but the stuff that is important is significantly lower which is the problem

There is a famous cartoon in the USA where Charlie Brown (us in this story) sees Lucy (Rovio in this story) holding an American football for Charlie Brown to kick it. Charlie Brown has been fooled many times by Lucy but this time he really thinks it will be different. So he is happy and convinced that Lucy was friendly and nice. He runs to kick the ball and Lucy pulls it away again and Charlie Brown falls on his butt again. Charlie Brown is angry and Lucy wonders why

14. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

This is why I play older Roivo games. Because they don’t update nerf or buff things.

15. Epic Buttstomp

Sure. I guess you are not aware of the forever Runaway Inflation of Angry Birds 2 then.

16. Epic Buttstomp

New event still crap in rewards, 325 gems is all I can see!!!! Went up by nothing essentially.

17. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Just logged on quickly to see if we were the only ones, guess not lol

18. Epic Buttstomp

Seems to have more energy as rewards. Kind of playing it while working o_O so I may not be counting accurately. That will help a bit as most serious players tend to use gems for energy to speed things up in the event.

19. Epic Buttstomp

450 gems total. 350 gems from personal and clan rewards. 100 from event levels.

20. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Better than 125 last week but crap in general. You get more from placing in the top 20 in a PvP league